$112
$102
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $153/night.

$187
$132
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $185/night.

$150
$142
CambriaHotels
  • Pool
$169
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $194/night.

$142
$127
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $156/night.

$140
$125
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

$104
$94
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)
$200
$170
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
$144
$125
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $216/night.

$103
$93
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $110/night.

All reviewsmonk's bargrand hallbenedictine monasteryeuropean style breakfastmax's allegheny tavernfree parkingpnc parkhard boiled eggsnorth sideshuttle servicecontinental breakfastfresh fruitthe andy warhol museumchain hotelsacross the rivernational aviarybagels
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Interesting architecture, nicely redone as a hotel. Clean and comfortable. Location just so so, area is a little run down. Not very pleasant for walking around. Breakfast was not very good. Staff was ok but a little rushed and impersonal.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank gstrange8
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed at the Priory on two recent trips of 10 days each to Pittsburgh for family business. The reasonable rates is what attracted me to my first stay, and the more than pleasant experience made me look forward to return for the second time. The location is convenient to the highway, the rooms are very clean, the bed comfortable and a good night's sleep is almost guaranteed. The Hotel staff is excellent, going above and beyond their routines to insure your stay is comfortable and enjoyable. From the front desk, to the concierge, to the bartenders, cooks and maintenance personnel, any concern I brought to their attention was handled in a professional, friendly and timely manner. In addition to their outstanding work performance, they are very knowledgeable and eager to help with questions about the local area, dining, attractions and directions to these places. I will definitely be coming back to The Priory on my next trip to Pittsburgh.

Room Tip: King rooms are the most comfortable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Spent two separate nights at the Priory on a recent holiday weekend. The first night, I shared the large suite with my sister and the second was spent in a king room. Both experiences were excellent. The suite was huge and great value for the money. Although the king room was small, it was more than adequate. Both locations were very quiet and comfortable and clean. The building is just wonderful and they've done a great job of updating the property while keeping its historic character. Staff are friendly and helpful - the shuttle is very convenient. This was the only hotel in Pittsburgh I could find with free parking. The breakfast features pastries from the Priory's own bakery (around the corner - don't miss it) and we received a comp copy of the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, which was a nice touch. I will definitely recommend the Priory to friends visiting Pittsburgh.

Room Tip: I was nervous to get a room on the main floor, off the lobby, but it was just as quiet as the one I had on the second floor in the back!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank frieda-f
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I spent a night here after seeing a play and enjoyed everything about my stay at the Priory. The staff were welcoming, the parking was free, and the relatively small room was very clean and comfortable. The bed had plenty of pillows and the walls were practically sound-proof. The best part of this hotel was the architecture. It's a gorgeous former monastery with all sorts of strange turns and staircases. The only downside was that it's in a somewhat sketchy area, but not so bad that you can't walk alone at night.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I grew up in Pittsburgh and now live in Chicago so I have watched the city I used to call home become even more exciting and interesting to visit as the years go by. On my most recent visit, I stayed at The Priory--and I only wish I had been been smart enough to stay at this incredibly stylish, elegant, wonderful gem of a hotel years ago. This former monastery has been transformed into a boutique hotel on the north side of the city, close to downtown and a few blocks away from the Warhol Museum. I felt as if I was staying in a deluxe European hotel, complete with a tiny bar where I enjoyed a really good glass of wine and a salad. Breakfast in the refectory reminded me of Amsterdam and Prague--complete with meats, cheeses, fruits and fabulous coffee. The rooms are elegant, comfortable and quiet--and mine had a wonderful view of the courtyard. I would urge travellers not to be put off by the transitional neighborhood where The Priory is located. It is quite safe and the hotel has a van that will take you, and then pick you up, to local restaurants or downtown theaters. I am so proud to be able to recommend this hotel in my former hometown. For anyone who wants to stay at a European boutique hotel rather than a chain, please book a room here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor have a great view of the courtyard.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo