The Priory Hotel
$146
$134
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$114
$105
Hyatt.com
$171
$156
Doubletree.com
$179
  • Pool
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$209
$178
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$107
$131
$142
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$103
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmonk's bargrand hallbenedictine monasteryeuropean style breakfastmax's allegheny tavernfree parkingpnc parknorth sidehard boiled eggscontinental breakfastshuttle servicefresh fruitsitting roomunique hotelthe andy warhol museumchain hotelshigh ceilings
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel is quaint and and staff is very friendly. I stayed in a King room and the bed was extremely comfortable, I slept like a rock. The room itself was spacious and very clean. Easy access to and from the highway. The Priory also offers a complementary shuttle service, which I used, and was thankful they had it. The breakfast was delicious and the breakfast attendant was friendly and accomodating. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I judge a hotel by its bed and after two nights of great sleep I would definitely return here again!
The rooms are spacious, well appointed and clean for the price and in walking distance from downtown and the lovely Saturday market. Parking is more accessible than the large downtown hotels, secure but not covered.
The little bar, open from 5:00-11:00 daily is a great place to meet and connect with friends at the end of the day. The bartender has created a few great signature cocktails, try the "monktini" if your a vodka drinker!
Breakfast, although not served until 8:00 which I think is a bit late had great pastries , cold meats, cheeses, fruit and yogurt
I must admit there were a few issues, the hair dryer blew the hair off my head, the makeup mirror and iron did not work. The tv had only a few non relevant channels but I was in such a great mood after the comfy bed I couldn't bring myself to voice my concerns!

Room Tip: We were in room 125
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My first visit to PIttsburgh in many years, so I didn't know anything about the neighborhoods, desirable locations, and so forth. The Priory was a gamble that paid off. It was a breeze to find driving into town from the airport, there is a small parking lot for the hotel directly across the street from it. The hotel itself is nicely designed, looking like many "boutique" hotels inside. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and there is a shuttle service to take guests into the city from there.

I was fortunate to be upgraded to a king room (I had booked a queen). The room was fairly large, with really nice antique furnishings, a smallish bathroom with a shower stall, toilet, and sink. Everything was sparkling clean, and the giant bed with several pillows was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept in.

There is a breakfast buffet, with some cold cuts, cheeses, assorted breads and sweets, boiled eggs, juice, coffee. I usually avoid all-you-can-eat breakfasts when I travel as they cut into my ability to test out local foods, but it was fine for that type of thing if you want it.

The intimate Monk's bar on the main floor serves good cocktails, beer, and wine, and also snacks, sandwiches, and soups. It was a nice spot to unwind after a day of work.

The area around the hotel looks a bit sketchy, and may in fact be so, but I didn't ever feel uncomfortable walking around there. There are a few bars and restaurants in the area, certainly enough to keep you well fed and lubricated if you don't want to venture across the river into downtown.

Overall a great option for staying in PIttsburgh, and excellent value for the money. Recommended, especially if, like me, you don't want to stay in a big anonymous corporate chain hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Chris S
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I come to Pittsburgh often to see our kids and to attend cultural and sporting events. I have always been curious about The Priory but didn't think my husband would like the B&B atmosphere. He loved it!!! The staff was friendly, the room was unique and clean, the breakfast was superb, and the cost was affordable. We had a drink at the Monk Bar. It was very cozy and we met some nice people. We definitely plan to return!

Room Tip: We had a beautiful corner room at the end of a quiet hall.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Suzy B
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I had a great get away weekend at the Priory. I was a little concerned that we might have been exposed to lots of noise and partying that weekend because it was St. Patrick's day weekend and the Priory is located close to lots of action. Nothing could have been further from the truth. Our room was quiet and comfortable. We decided to eat in on Friday night and were pleasantly surprised by the lovely soups offered in the Monk's bar. The shuttle service was excellent. They dropped us off for the parade and dinner out on Saturday and to the Penguins game on Sunday. They even let us park our car in their secure lot until after the Pens game at no charge. The only down side to the weekend was the tiny bathroom. But that was so minor it didn't interfere with anything. I plan to return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a larger bathroom if that is important to you.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple