DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown
GreenLeadersGold level
Clyde, Ohio, United States
“Birthday weekend”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Came in for my birthday for the weekend as a recommendation from a friend of ours to stay here. Made reservations for this hotel based on everything I read from this site. The hotel staff was AMAZING! Fast and courteous and always with a smile. Even with the added pressure of the concert in town and the added people needing what they needed they were helpful and accommodating. The location was great and close to the subway which took us to where we wanted to go. The places it couldn't take us the complimentary shuttle they offered was able to and was a blessing. This is definitely a hotel you want to stay at. Clean rooms, helpful staff and good location. Thank you TripAdvisor for the this site. Was good info to read up on and helped me make this decision. Doubletree Downtown is a definite.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Orlando M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
  • Korean first
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This Doubletree was fine - nothing special. I stayed in a double queen room that felt dated and dark. Beds were not the most comfortable, and our view of the highway left something to be desired.

Location was okay, but not great for my travel partner who did not have a car.

Parking attendants were good, and managed the high traffic volume well.

Bathroom was old and the shower was cramped with an old shower head.

The one plus side to the room was that there was a wall between the sleeping area and a "dressing area" before the bathroom. Made for some privacy when traveling with others.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ocoee, Florida
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The staff at this hotel is absolutely amazing! From the front desk staff that checked us in, the room service staff we would meet randomly in the elevators, the housekeeping staff we passed in the hall, the shuttle driver and the bell services staff, everyone was genuinely friendly and quick to help!

The hotel itself is lovely. The rooms were spacious and very clean. It was nice to have room for our kids to move around! The free Wifi worked great in our room, a rare find. The indoor pool, with it's glass ceiling and great city views, was so relaxing! The complimentary shuttle service was so convenient and Joe, one of the drivers, was full of friendly advice for us. The hotel restaurant, which I usually tend to avoid, was excellent!

I loved this hotel, everything was absolutely perfect. Stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I just returned from two nights at this hotel for work. I arrived on Monday and departed Wednesday. I was there for a conference at another property. The conference concluded at 4 pm. The parking policy is if you are after 4 pm you have to pay $11. I arrived at 4:08 and had to pay an extra $11 on top of the $40 fees for Monday and Tuesday parking.
The rooms are nice but the one I was in didn't have a refrigerator.
Plenty of food options within walking distance but not other attractions.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was attending a concert in the city & stayed at the Doubletree for the convenient location. What a surprise to find that not only was it convenient but had everything one needed to have a wonderful stay. I would have to stay that the staff was extremely accommodating & friendly. I cant think of anything that needs to be improved on. A special thank you goes out to Ellenor in Housekeeping. I left something behind in the room & she mailed it to me promptly & was so kind & understanding. I really cant thank her enough. The staff as a whole really adds to the whole experience of enjoying the hotel & Pittsburgh. Do not hesitate for a moment to stay here!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marlene S
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here for just one night, but it was a good experience. I was greeted by a friendly parking attendant, given very clear directions on how to find the reception, greeted at reception very nicely and even with a nice warm cookie!
The room itself was quite spacious and very clean. I found the internet (which was free!) worked quite well, and overall was a nice place. I had a bit of a view of Pittsburgh which, again, was surprisingly nice.
I will say that the only drawback was slightly expensive parking (I believe it was $22), but it was valet, after all, and also in a downtown big city so to be expected.
Location was definitely quite good, and overall it was a pleasant experience for me!

Green Features: I noticed that there were several options for recycling paper and reusing towels, etc. This was also the first hotel in North America that I've stayed where you need to put your key card in the reader to keep lights/power on.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Tucson AZ
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We chose the Doubletree because it was located in downtown Pittsburgh close to events that we were attending. Kaitlyn at the front desk was very professional and wonderful at check-in. We received the Doubletree hot cookie welcome. Always a nice touch. This hotel has two shuttles that operate on a first come basis that take guests to downtown area attractions including Station Square & the strip district. We used the shuttle several times to get to events we were attending & walked back. This system worked well. The Doubletree is located next to two pretty parks with fountains. There is a Macy's within walking distance to the hotel and a 7-Eleven next door. The hotel restaurant Bigelow Grille has a nice atmosphere, indoor & outdoor dining areas and bar area. We had breakfast & dinner there. For dinner, I chose the chicken & my husband ordered scallops. Ingredients are local, fresh & food delicious. This is not your typical hotel restaurant. The quality of the food at dinner was excellent. Kiera provided great service. Breakfast in the dining room is a la carte or buffet. Seems the buffet features the same selection of hot/cold items daily. Our suite was spacious & very quiet on the 10th floor. We are very glad we chose this hotel rather than the one closest to our events because we heard the windows of the other hotel were shaking from the music! This location was perfect and very convenient for us to get to everything we needed to. We had several service issues during our stay but Front Office Manager Stephanie listened to our concerns, was caring & responsive. Thank you Stephanie. Overall, we felt this was a great stay, nice property & would 100% stay here again when returning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple