My husband and I were looking for a hotel that was close to Consol Energy Center. We thought that the Hilton Double-tree would be perfect for this visit to Pittsburgh Pa. It was a very nice hotel it has valet parking so you don't have to worry about your car. It cost us 22.00 to park our car there. They also put a hold of 50.00 on your debit visa for the just in case at the hotel. Valet was pretty fast on getting it once we checked out. There are several Pro's for this hotel, it's downtown, you don't have to worry about parking, there are several restaurant around you and a HUGE Macy's to go shopping. The front desk has several takeout menu's if you decide to stay in. One of the front desk employee's was very helpful on which place had great food. Also explained that the take out person didn't come to your room they will call you and you come down to the lobby to receive it.
Con's~ Everyone around us got free cookies, we didn't for some reason, Between Hotwire and Double tree our reservations got mixed up. Even after I called and confirmed our reservations. Our room was not cleaned, so they gave us a king room which was fine if it was just hubby and myself but we had our 3 kids with us. So we had to go back down to lobby and have them find us another room. They did fix the problem by giving us a 2 bedroom suite on the 12th floor. It was a very nice room. No safe, or mini-fridge. There also wasn't a peephole.( I know this sounds silly, but when your in a room by yourself with a little one and hear knocking at your door you get a little nervous not being able to see who it is.) You also heard doors slamming a lot on the floor we were on. The rooms are a little dated, I did read in a couple of places that they were remodeling so hopeful the higher rooms get redone too. The shower in the master bath was pretty much a shower with a curtain so water got on the floor a lot so you had to make sure you had a towel down so mop up some of the water.
They have a sizable work out room on the 3rd floor with a swimming pool right next to it. The swimming pool was a little dated, I was told it was heated but it was very cold when my little one and I went swimming.
They do have breakfast room service, they seemed a little expensive to me. 9.00 for 3 pancakes was a little much.
All in all we did have a very nice time. The staff was very informative about the area. They fixed our reservation without so much of a whine. Lucky for us we print everything and take it will us for the just in case emergency.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown - in the heart of the central business district between the U.S. Steel Tower and BNY Mellon Complexes, within 25 minutes of Pittsburgh International (PIT) Airport. Features complimentary shuttle around downtown and convenient access to the 'T' public transport from downtown to North Shore, spacious guest rooms and suites with free WiFi, 24-hour fitness center, indoor pool and other amenities you will need for your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Travelocity so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Suites Pittsburgh Downtown
- Doubletree Pittsburgh
- Doubletree Hotel Pittsburgh City Center
- Pittsburgh Doubletree