“Good location Pittsburgh downtown”

DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown
Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Pittsburgh
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed July 12, 2012

The hotel is located downtown Pittsburgh. I went there with my wife and 2 kids who were very happy to be in the swimming pool, quite big but without shower which is strange... because there are recommendation on the wall saying that shower are mandatory before ! The parking was full but there was a place for my car as guest of the hotel, 20 dollars valet. I had used Hilton Honors point for that stay and the staff did not make any difference. The building is old but the lobby is renovated top level. The room was ok even if the layout is a little strange in the double bedroom... Good stay, good swimming pool. I recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bruno J
DoubletreePitt, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2012

Hello Bruno J, Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at the Doubletree Pittsburgh Downtown Hotel and Suites. It is great to hear that your family enjoyed their time here at the hotel and utilized the swimming pool. We appreciate your loyalty as a Hilton Honors Member and we're glad you were able to redeem your Rewards here at our location. You must travel frequently and we are thrilled you were able to relax on your trip here to Pittsburgh. We hope to see you again and thank you for sharing your stay with others.

Ashley Tyrrell
Assistant Front Office Manager
atyrrell@doubletreepgh.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,682)

Reviewed July 11, 2012

I was so pleasantly surprised by this wonderful hotel located right in the heart of downtown pittsburgh. Greeted with champaigne and strawberries in the room (We just became engaged). The staff was more than helpful. The manager Ashley was incredible! I just wish we would have stayed here longer!

Room Tip: Get a room up high to avoid the downtown city noise. Make sure to ask for a room with a view of dow...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

I am thrilled that your stay with us was a rewarding experience. We pride ourselves in providing superior service to our guests and personalizing each experience. I am very proud of Ashley and her commitment to service. I will be sure to commend her for her efforts. We hope to see you in the near future and that you can spend more time with us on your next visit. Either way, we look forward to making your next experience just as bright as this last one.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

Stayed at Doubletree for three nights and could not have picked a better place. The staff at Doubletree including housekeepers, front desk, valet parking, the restaurant and everyone else could not have been nicer nor made our stay any more enjoyable. The location was an easy walk to Market Square, Carnegie Center, Heinz Field, PNC Park, restaurants, clubs or free subway to same locations. We added the third day at the last minute which the front desk took care of as we were headed out for the evening. Valet parking was responsive as several times I had to either get the car or get something from it. And as an added bonus, Pittsburgh itself was a great choice to stop on our road trip.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
DoubletreePitt, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for choosing Pittsburgh and the DoubleTree By Hilton for your most recent trip. We appreciate your wonderful comments about the hotel and have shared them with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future,

Michael O'Donoghue
Director of Hotel Operations
modonoghue@doubletreepgh.com

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel is centrally located and directly across from a subway station with super easy access to Heniz Field or PNC Park. The staff is very courteous and the facilities are clean, updated and comfortable. If headed to a concert or a game, there is simply NO OTHER choice for convenience and a nice stay...and the homemade chocolate cookies are a bonus! The breakfast buffet on Sunday is well worth the $15 cost. A great choice for a great location!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you for sharing great feedback from your recent stay with us. I will be sure to give our chef a pat on the back for always preparing a wonderful buffet. I'm glad that our staff and accommodations made your experience comfortable and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Everything was great!
The staff was very nice and helpful!
Subway was very close and took us right to pnc center! The shuttle was great, fast and so friendly. Breakfast was very nice. Chocolate cookies were good. Pool and gym were clean and user friendly. The loation smelled great. Try Sonoma for great food and wines!

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

We appreciate you sharing your experience regarding your recent stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back with warm cookies and friendly smiles.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Nice hotel for sure. Just thought the rooms were way to expensive. The staff was very nice and the hotel was very clean. I don't usually complain but almost $300 for a room and parked car is kind of a lot. With that being said it was last minute so I didn't have a choice.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank wildeman
Management response:Responded July 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor. I am delighted that our staff provided great customer service and met your expectations with clean and comfortable accommodations. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I absolutely LOVE this hotel. It is by far one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed in (and I stay in A LOT of hotels). I stayed with 2 friends for part of my Birthday road trip, and it was the best part of my trip! The staff is super nice, and the chocolate chip cookies at check in were delicious. I was very surprised by the room itself, it was HUGE! We had a room with 2 beds in it, flat screen (with a remote for video games, which the guys thought was cool), big desk, and microfridge. I was a little disappointed in how small the bathroom is. The toilet and shower are way to close to each other and the sink is on the outside of the bathroom. BUT that is my only complaint. There is a shuttle that will take you to the Casino, which is awesome, and the driver we had so sooooo nice (he got a $10 tip from each of us for all the information he told us about Pittsburgh). I wouldn't stay anywhere else! This truly a great place.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share such great feedback about your recent stay with us. I hope your birthday was as wonderful as your stay and we look forward to seeing you in the very near future!