As out-of-towners we found this Doubletree a little hard to locate. It's sign is small and there was a lot of construction in the area which made it a bit tricky to locate at night. Also, we had to pull over at the lobby area and go in and ask where to park. The valet is in the parking garage which is located behind the hotel and not marked that clearly.
The front desk staff was very friendly and welcoming upon checking in.
Our room - suite actually - was VERY large. The living room area was huge. It had a small frig, pullout couch bed, a chair, desk etc. Some of the furniture was very worn and needs some serious updating. The bedroom was nice and the bed was very comfortable. There was a flat screen tv in the bedroom. Oddly enough, for having so much space in the suite the bathroom was really small.
We were on the 13th floor. At about 9/9:30am we started hearing power tools going off in the room next to us. Apparently, they are renovating this floor.
The location is good in the city. Very walkable to everything. The hotel is located very close the UPMC (directly across the street) and BNY buildings.
The hotel breakfast buffet was very good. The hotel bar at night was also a good place to relax.
One thing that was strange about our stay was that when we were going to leave we couldn't! The bellman informed us that there was a parade and all of the roads around the hotel were blocked off. So we had to wait 45 minutes. This was very annoying. I realize it was not the hotels fault but it would have been nice to receive some kind of advance notice that if we had somewhere to be (which we did) we needed to exit the garage by a certain time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown - in the heart of the central business district between the U.S. Steel Tower and BNY Mellon Complexes, within 25 minutes of Pittsburgh International (PIT) Airport. Features complimentary shuttle around downtown and convenient access to the 'T' public transport from downtown to North Shore, spacious guest rooms and suites with free WiFi, 24-hour fitness center, indoor pool and other amenities you will need for your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Suites Pittsburgh Downtown
- Doubletree Pittsburgh
- Doubletree Hotel Pittsburgh City Center
- Pittsburgh Doubletree