The hotel is nice, in a good location and the staff was friendly, but we had some noise issues
We used our Hilton Honor points for the stay so I was assuming we would be given a nicer than normal room location. We went to the Pirates game (a 15 minute walk and a beautiful stadium) and got back to the room around 10:30 only to encounter annoying jackhammer noise on the construction site below us.
Friday morning starting at 830, we were awakened to more very loud construction noises (power sander, loud voices, dropping of tools) on the floor above us.
While the hotel itself was nice and enjoyable, I feel that we should have at least been made aware of the potential of the noise problems.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown - in the heart of the central business district between the U.S. Steel Tower and BNY Mellon Complexes, within 25 minutes of Pittsburgh International (PIT) Airport. Features complimentary shuttle around downtown and convenient access to the 'T' public transport from downtown to North Shore, spacious guest rooms and suites with free WiFi, 24-hour fitness center, indoor pool and other amenities you will need for your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Agoda, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel And Suites Pittsburgh Downtown
- Doubletree Pittsburgh
- Doubletree Hotel Pittsburgh City Center
- Pittsburgh Doubletree