“Mediocre Irish Place”
Review of Sieb's Pub

Sieb's Pub
Ranked #1,325 of 2,222 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Irish
Description: Irish Restaurant located in the heart of the North Hills.
Description: Irish Restaurant located in the heart of the North Hills.
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Sieb's is like a lot of other "Irish" places in Pittsburgh. Predictable pub decor and menu-- except for the odd inclusion of a few pasta dishes which are not worth your time or money. The dining room itself is quite small and often the service is appallingly bad. Sometimes it is ok but I've never experienced the great time described in some of the other reviews here. Several times I have had to ask for silverware, and then it arrived dirty. Waitstaff will ignore you to talk to other guests. One night there was a guy with two little kids in one of the booths, and the Staff was gushing all over them and ignoring the rest of the customers. I assume either he was family, or related to one of the employees, but-- really-- he could have come visiting sometime other than a busy Saturday night.

The Irish Menu presents the usual suspects, none of them stellar. My sig/oth likes their burgers, and it is in the neighbrhood, so I've had to settle on a couple of usual items to order when he chooses this place. The Irish Stew in a Bread Bowl, and the Chicken Pie are both tasty if you don't feel like cooking. I really like to order soup but, after a few tries here, gave up due to its always coming out lukewarm. I ordered the Rueben sandwich once and had to spit half of it out due to the corn beef being unchewable. Prices are just what you'd expect at a neighborhood place (@$45.00 with beers and tip for two). We've been going to this place for several years now, and no one has ever even intimated that they recognize us or appreciate our business.

If it's Irish you're after, Mullaney's in the Strip is more "authentic," and Finnegan's Wake on the Northshore is more fun. This place is ok if you stick to the bar and don't expect too much more than a sandwich and a beer.

Reviewed March 12, 2012

You might have seen a TV commercial in which a mom and dad are visiting their daughter at college and they take her to a particular chain restaurant to make sure she is "eating right".
Our situation is somewhat reminiscent. When our daughter comes home from Penn State she suggests we all go to Siebs to enjoy some really great food. ( Of course my wife and I go while our daughter is away too .)
We normally enjoy sandwiches ( my favorite is Shannon's grilled chicken ) along with pub chips ( the garlic parmesan are fantastic ).
The beer selection is large with a number of Irish selections available including the non-alcoholic Kaliber which is a Guiness Product. Live Irish music is present for a couple hours on Friday evenings. The ownership and staff are very friendly.
We recommend Siebs to friends and family.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

NEVER book any event here! After booking it months in advance, we were informed that they would not accommodate our wedding rehearsal dinner because they would not make enough money with only 30 people and we were turned away the week of our dinner. Years later, turning the other cheek, we booked an Irish Wake for our father and that same Owner/Manager literally approached us and started an argument with us in front of our grieving family. I quote verbatim which can also be validated by witnesses, "We are not here to make you happy or to make friends, we are a business and we are only here to make money, period". These are facts, not opinions. My family was insulted, my wife and my dignity on NUMEROUS occasions. Shame on me for trying to be Christian and civil about things and give people multiple chances to earn business. Shame on Sieb's for calling themselves a "family" business. Don't make the same mistakes, please!

9  Thank NH_Reviews
Reviewed November 12, 2011

If you are looking for a restaurant/bar with a fantastic atmosphere, delicious food and great entertainment, you owe it to yourself to try Sieb's Pub on Babcock Boulevard, North Hills. Sieb's is an Irish themed pub owned and operated by the Siebert family. From the minute you arrive until you leave, I guarantee that a smile will never leave your face. The owners and staff (mostly family members), couldn't be more curteous, pleasant and friendly. The food is out of this world. Generous portions, reasonably priced, and absolutely delicious. They have a warm, cozy bar area with delightful entertainment.

Just be careful....you WILL become addicted to this wonderful establishment. I made my first visit almost two years ago and it has become my second home.

1  Thank Bobeich1
Reviewed September 17, 2011

The title of my review says it all!!! Have been here many times but Saturday is not the time to go. Loud bar area and loud music.

1  Thank jamese1111