“Wonderful experience!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island
Ranked #50 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Stayed one night on a business trip 2/19/13. Perfect accommodations in every way from the room, to the river view, to breakfast, to staff! Quietest room for outside noise I ever stayed in.Hope to get back there again.

Room Tip: I REALLY liked the river view side!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

redoak1953,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased you stayed with us, and we're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you had a nice, quite visit and hope to return. We hope you will too! Thanks again.
Meg Barron

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I tried this hotel over the weekend with 3 teenagers for a winter "staycation". They had a blast in the pool, I loved the clean, stylish room, and the view of the Ohio river was beautiful! I could not believe that I was paying so little for a water view, a fridge, a microwave, and a free breakfast in a lovely dining area. I only wish that my stay had happened in warmer weather, because the hotel has a beautiful outdoor patio with seating and a fireplace on the river front. The desk staff members were delightful and helpful from start to finish. I highly reccommend this hotel when visiting the Pittsburgh area. It's near the airport, right on north/south interstate 79, and a great alternative to pricey downtown hotels near the stadiums.

Room Tip: The odd numbers have river views. Don't worry about the fact that the hotel sits next to I-79...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SteelCityCampbells
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

SteelCityCampbells,
Thank you for your kind review. We're glad you chose to stay with us for a "staycation" and enjoyed your visit. I'm glad the crew had a nice time swimming in the pool and you all enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Please plan to visit us again, maybe in the warmer months when you can enjoy our outdoor patio and relax by the fire pit.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a skating competition. The hotel was convenient for what we needed. It was a short 10 minute drive to the Robinson Twp area that has every restaurant typical of the suburbs. The hotel was clean and staff was very friendly. The pool and outdoor riverfront area was a nice treat after a competition.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

mbniedermier,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us. We're pleased you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you found our hotel clean and our staff friendly. We hope you enjoyed your skating competition. Please come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We are on our way to Wisconsin for a family wedding and decided to take on baseball along the way. We needed to stay at some different hotels along the way. I will be posting each hotel as we finish our stay.
The Fairfield Inn, in Pittsburghs Neville Island was out of the downtown portion of the city and for us it was worth it. When we drove up and saw the bridge, a restaurant infront of it; we were not impressed. We did not eat at the restaurant.
We did enjoy the hotel, our room and the location of our room.
We were right next to the elevator; I know you are thinking this would not be good, so did I. The room was large and behind the shaft of the elevator, so we have a long hallway to get to the bathroom and then into the bedroom area. We did not hear a thing all night! Yes, we bring a fan, but that does not cover up loud noises around an elevator. This room was so far from the hallway that I did not hear anything all night. We even over slept due to the lack of noise and the bed comfort. Everything was just right.
The front desk women was nice and gave us directions to the game, which were very quick and right on the mark. We did not interact with any other staff during our stay.
The one thing I would say about the hotel; the cleaning staff did leave a dirty towel in the hallway of the lobby during the morning. That I found troubling, but that was it. We did not have a chance to go to the pool, but the people in it did seem very happy.
There is nothing around the hotel, so if you need gas in your car, it is down the road a piece. If you like fast food, then you are fine. Not much else to offer unless you went to the restaurant outside the hotel.
I know we were next to water, but we never saw it from our room or the hotel.
I would stay here again if I wanted to be away from the city.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

happytotravel127,
Thank you for your review. We're pleased you chose to stay with us and enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you found your room to be clean, comfortable, and quiet. We hope your future travels bring you back to the Pittsburgh area and you'll visit us again.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

Never dreamed we'd be staying on an island - in Pittsburgh of all places - but there actually is one and it was our good fortune to find a wonderful hotel here. We loved it - from the large living quarters to the whirlpool to the fire pit outside. Ben at the desk was so friendly, and took the time to look up some places to find a great burger (which we actually did find at the Sharp Edge Bistro - thanks Ben!) not too far from the hotel. Got a great night's sleep on a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was delicious, just what we needed before getting in the car for the ride back to Michigan. We'll be sure to stay here on our next visit to this area!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor overlooking the Ohio River - gorgeous!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bunnyyoop
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Bunnyyoop,

It’s great to hear from you and receive a wonderful review about your stay with us at Fairfield Inn & Suites. We’re glad you found us and enjoyed your stay. I’m glad Ben helped you find the great burger. I’ll let him know of your special mention of his assistance. We hope your future travels will bring you back to our special island so you can enjoy another great stay with us.

Respectfully,

Reviewed August 31, 2012

I was extremely pleased with my stay at this hotel. I was in the area on business and stayed for about a month. I loved my room. The contemporary decor was really nice. The room was very clean and I was quite pleased with it overall. The only issue I had was the bathtub in my room was VERY slippery and was VERY slow to drain. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast at the hotel was average, and a nice plus to the stay. The only thing there for improvement might be a little variety. Every morning, we had sausage links and 'eggs' for the hot items. It might have been nice to see a little variety there. However, the coffee was always ready, 24/7, which I thoroughly enjoyed. I visited the fitness center several times and it was very nice. I also enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. Everything was modern and clean. I had a nice view of the Ohio River outside my room, as well as overlooking the firepit/patio area. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone staying in the area and looking for an easily accessible (from I-79) hotel. There was a nice King's restaurant in front of the hotel. They had really good food as well. There was a Subway just up the street. Not much else going on in this area, though. Again, pleasant stay and pleasant staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Ohio River, on the back side. Otherwise, you'll just be looking...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank tballmom101
ConcordHospitality, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Neville Island, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

tballmom101,

Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review on TripAdvisor. We’re very glad you chose to stay with us and greatly appreciate your business. We’re pleased to hear you loved your room and enjoyed our friendly staff. I will take into consideration your suggestion about adding more breakfast items to our menu as I understand you had a long stay with us and would have enjoyed a little variety. We hope you will come and stay with us again the next time you travel to Pittsburgh for another pleasant experience.

Best regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Lovely hotel. Newly renovated, nice rooms, free breakfast and free WiFi. Check-in was very smooth and the toiletries are Pantene Pro-V. Would definitely stay again! Maybe a 10-15 minute drive from downtown PIttsburgh.

Room Tip: Ground floor is nice and convenient
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel C

LadyChisholm,

Thank you very much for your kind review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you staying with us and letting others know of your pleasant experience. We hope you will visit us again at Fairfield Inn & Suites the next time you travel to Pittsburgh.

Kind regards,