“A gem”

Piccolo Forno
Ranked #79 of 2,178 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Northern Virginia
“A gem”
Reviewed December 13, 2009

This restaurant is in a nondescript part of the city, but it shines in quality and appearance once inside. My wife and I shared a Insalate Mista (romaine and gorganzola) and a pizza with prosciutto, artichoke, mushrooms, and olives. The crust is thin and the sauce and cheese perfect. There are many interesting salad and pizza choices, in addition to pastas and paninis. But as others say, BYOB-- if you like wine you will wish you had some to accompany your perfect meal. Excellent service too.

1 Thank MDowd

Toronto, Canada
“Delish!”
Reviewed September 10, 2009

We had dinner at one of their outside tables on a warm evening last week while visiting Pittsburgh. We chose this restaurant after reading the reviews. Being from Canada, we are not used to BYOB's - wish we had planned better and brought some wine. That would have made the meal perfect. It was pretty awesome as it was though. We ordered the Margarita pizza for our six year old and it was very good. We devoured it. I had the Crespelle di Funghi which was very good but rich - the waiter warned me. Portions are large - I could only finish about a third of this dish. The BF had the braised rabbit pasta on the waiter's recommendation. The pasta was clearly homemade - very tender and cooked perfectly. The sauce was fabulous. We didn't order any of the salads but I wish we had - they were huge and looked and smelled delicious. We went there on a Saturday night around 9 and it was busy and very loud inside. Outside was much quieter. I would highly recommend this restaurant for great Italian food in Pittsburgh.

Sonoma County, CA
“Good authentic food, but ...”
Reviewed September 2, 2009

At lunch a couple of days ago four of us had really good meals however, my water glass had lipstick stains on it (I don't wear lipstick) and my fork was dirty. I would be concerned about the lack of attention to detail to things non- food.

Dawsonville, GA
“FABULOUS, but BYOB”
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I've only been to this restaurant once, but it was excellent! Very authentic Italian food, and just delicious. The restaurant is a little loud, due to the exposed brick walls and wood floors, but everything else was great! Wish I lived closer so I could try more things on the menu!!

Connecticut
“Awesome!”
Reviewed May 20, 2009

If youre staying in Pittsburgh and enjoy Italian cuisine - you have to make
it to Piccolo Forno!
I only get there twice yearly but LOVE the food, atmosphere and service.
A wonderful trip anytime!
They are closed Sundays/Mondays I think - so be sure to call ahead for info!
The restaurant is beauitiful and run smoothly. The waitstaff is attentive and friendly and the food is delicious!!!
A definite must but be prepared to wait near an hour if you go on a Friday/Saturday at dinner hour (we did the early bird thing this time - 4:40 and we were seated instantly!)
Enjoy!!!