“Fantastic and Fresh!”

Piccolo Forno
Ranked #71 of 2,151 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Fantastic and Fresh!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

This is hands down my favorite restaurant in the Pgh area! I go here every year for my birthday with friends and we have the best time and FOOD! I've gotten several items on their menu and my favorite is their fresh homemade pasta dishes. I've had the lasagna many times and the homemade spinach ravioli with butter sage sauce is divine!
Their salads are all delicious and so are their pizza's. I've never had a bad meal at Piccolo Forno. You can also bring your own bottle which is a money saver if you want to drink while you eat.
This place is a must try!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank AMarie525

“Freshest ingredients”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Had dinner here as part of a birthday celebration and tried a variety of salads, pizza and desserts. Everything was fresh and delicious. The server was lots of fun and tolerated our rowdy group. BYOB!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Allyn I
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Fresh Pasta Great... BYOB no problem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

First time to the Piccolo Forno on Butler Street. It was BYOB and the $5 corkage fee was well worth it... we brought a bottle of our favorite wine to enjoy. We had the Tortelli which was excellent (wouldn't mind a bit more spice.. temperature-wise to the meat sauce), and also the Raviolo con Burro e Salvia which was also excellent. There is nothing like a wonderful home-made pasta! It was too hot to sit on the outside patio, the inside was clean and contemporary. The service was good. We would definitely recommend and return!

• Visited July 2013
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Second time here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

After eating here for our anniversary a few years ago, we made a special detour to return. The food was just as good as before. The wife had wild boar, and I had the tuna salad.

• Visited June 2013
Canton
“Worth the wait!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

No reservations. No problem. It is worth the wait. A true foodies paradise. If you like wine with your dinner, make sure you bring it with you. It is BYOB. We purposely drove through Pittsburgh to have dinner here. The service was very good considering the place was packed. Our server was extremely knowledgeable and helped guide us through our choices. Everything was delicious. We started with the lightly fried polenta with three toppings of roasted tomatoes, mushroom and gorgonzola (my favorite) and crostini with liver pate (you have to be a liver lover, we are!) both were great. We shared the fennel salad with orange, which was crisp and refreshing! We tried two pizzas, Speck e Mascarpone, crispy crust with a creamy top and Capricciosa. Both yummy. The pastas we ordered were the tagliatelle pasta with dry porcini and fresh mushroom ragu and the braised rabbit with vegetables served on pappardelle pasta. They were both so good that we could not decide which was better. My husband also ordered the pasta faggioli soup, which was not the traditional style, yet still good. We went a little crazy, knowing that we had a cooler in the car. We were able to enjoy the leftovers the next day at home in Michigan. The next time I am in Pittsburgh on business, this is where I am dining!

• Visited June 2013