“Simple and Good”

Piccolo Forno
Ranked #66 of 2,188 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I just had luch here this afternoon with some co-workers since we are working in the area for a few weeks.. Food was delicious. The presentation was great too. I had the Tagliatelle Con Sugo Di Funghi. I love mushrooms and was expecting them to be rare in this dish but I was pleasantly surprised that they was a lot. I don't think I would drive all the way from Mt. Lebanon to come here for dinner as there are great Italian places with just as much charm in the South Hills. I would return, but only if I was already out this way.

There are newer reviews for Piccolo Forno

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We've heard about Pittsburghs great Italian eatries. Before going I looked for the top 10 restaurants in the city for 2012 and Picocolo Forno came in at number 3 on the list. Not being that familiar with the city, we decided lets go for it, upon arriving at the restaurant we saw a packed house on the inside and people eating outside. We waited about an hourt to get in and once seated we were immediately greeted by our waiter, he was great, on top of everything, made sure everything was on time. There were four of us and we all go something different to try, everything was teffiric, not the standard spaghetti and meatballs, which I love by the way. The place is a bit loud so if you have kids or don't like noise avoid it, but if you like city style places this is great. Look forward to going back on our next trip to Pittsburgh

1  Thank gjpyvowhitant1
Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I ate there twice in one week, and will be regulars. The food is fantastic and very authentic Italian. Salads are awesome - enough to share. Wait staff was very attentive and helpful - they seems to be having a great time! It's a little small in size but not in flavor, ombience or quality. GO!

1  Thank lmford15673
Reviewed February 12, 2013

After having to go to a neighborhood bar to kill time for our hour and a half wait (they only take reservations for more than 5 people - and we had 4) - the food and service was really going to have to blow us away. Sorry to say - it did not. The service was average at best.....and the food was not much better. Two people in our party had the lasagna which neither finished - it looked very dry as there was no extra sauce. The pizza and the other pasta dish did not blow us away either. Only plus - BYOB. There are so many good BYOB places in the burgh that accept reservations and seem to appreciate your business. Not planning on a return visit soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The salad dressing is superb and the eggplant and rigatoni. Magnifico!
Never make it to dessert because the portions are so plentiful and delicious.

1  Thank Jud7878