“Yummy BBQ with a huge vegan/veggie offering”
Review of Double Wide Grill

Double Wide Grill
Ranked #83 of 2,167 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Southside Flats
Rochester, New York
“Yummy BBQ with a huge vegan/veggie offering”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

My wife (who prefers veggie/vegan) and I (who loves BBQ) really enjoyed dinner at DWG a couple of weekends ago. We went to Southside location. Large outdoor patio, but we sat inside (chance of rain) with all the doors open (and the NHL finals/US Soccer on TV!). I ordered the "Get 'er done" which includes pulled pork, beef brisket and baby back ribs (also, french fries, coleslaw and Memphis and Carolina sauces). It was dee-lish! My wife got the cauliflower mac-n-cheese and said it was rich, creamy and very good too. Not much of a wine list, but a very good beer (esp. draft) selection. Excellent service by our waitress and all the others who help.

• Visited June 2014

Pennsylvania
“Great place for brunch !”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stopped at this place for lunch but ended up enjoying brunch. I ordered the waffles with bananas and it was delicious. The menu has a lot of different options that you don't see at every restaurant. We also enjoyed eating outside where they had plenty of seating.

• Visited May 2014
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Fun atmosphere good food”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

We were staying in Pittsburgh and looking for a casual spot to eat. There were many choices on Carson St. but the Double Wide Grill looked very interesting. It looks like an old converted gas station and all of the decor fits right in to that theme. The menu was very extensive with salads, sandwiches, burgers and lots of vegetarian options. I had a burger and my wife had a variety of small appetizers. Our waitress did not seem very experienced but she was extremely pleasant and got our order in quickly and correctly. She checked back with us a number of times. The food came out quickly and was very good. If you are looking for a fun atmosphere with good food and drinks, be sure to give it a try.

• Visited May 2014
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
“Fun place with great vegan options”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I really enjoyed this place, we went for lunch and I was pleasantly surprised with the vegan options. Service is great, I recommend the lentil burger w the vegan sweet potato fries!

Pennsylvania
“It keeps getting better”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I visited the Double Wide when it first opened and recently went there with a group. The service and food have both dramatically improved. The manager came over to apologize for the wait for a table, despite the fact that they were obviously slammed with business and couldn't do anything about it.
It is still a hipster paradise with beer, beards, and burly tattoos, which is not my things, but the food was quite excellent and the staff really made a very positive effort despite being so overrun with customers.

• Visited February 2014