“Must dine here while in Pittsburg”
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 2,186 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Wood Street
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service.
Reviewed September 13, 2013

This resturant is incredible , we were staying downtown and was directed to this steakhouse by the bellhop at the Omni hotel , the atmosphere is very nice and the wine list is unsurpassed by anything I have ever seen , we ordered the bone in ribeye and was the best steak I have ever had including the high end chains in town . The waitress we had was so fun and down to earth never rushing our meal and even brought us free desert , whlie the prices are not cheap they are inline with dowtown and the food quality was very worth it , I took my girlfriend there and she was nicely impressed with my choice .

There are newer reviews for Capital Grille

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I have been to a number of Cap Grilles and they have never disappointed and this is certainly no exception. The food was great and the service was super. We were in a large group and the staff managed it well. The Creme Brulee.... there are no words... :)

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Our first visit to a Capital Grille was in Orlando, where I took my wife for our 10 year anniversary. While visiting Pittsburgh for our 12 year anniversary, I found they had a Capital Grille as well, so I surprised her. While this is ala carte and quite expensive, it is a wonderful once a year place to celebrate. The service is outstanding, we were greeted with champagne for our anniversary. We both had steak, which was fabulous (and my wife isn't a huge steak fan). There are many other fancy choices on the menu. Service was surprisingly efficient, and the overall experience was worth the price.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We were treated special as soon as we arrived. Everyone greeted us with "Happy Anniversary". The table had red heart confetti on it. We were given champagne. The dinner was amazing and the service the same. From beginning to end we were treated very well. Can't wait to go again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I'm generally a big fan of Capital Grille, and have dined in their units on many occasions. The Pittsburgh unit is typical, and what one expects at this price point. I was appalled at the several rather startling lapses in service. First, and perhaps most annoying was the condescending attitude of our waiter. From the initial "greeting" to the end of the meal, he was as pretentious as they come. In addition, we had to flag him down and ask for everything. Perhaps best of all, he never took our menus. I had them sitting across my place setting, and the other server who finally delivered our salads literally sat the salad plate on the menu. At Denny's, one could expect this. At $150 per head, one does not. The wine flight special was good, though unremarkable. Marketed at "all wines rated over 90", in fact about a third of the wines were unrated. That said, it was a great value and - when the wines were eventually poured - quite delightful. I would be advise the manager of this unit to be a bit less concerned with the arcane points of candling decanters and a bi more focused on service (and attitude) basics.

1  Thank Traveler3879