“convenient location, good deal”

Hyatt Place Pittsburgh/Airport
Ranked #35 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed April 18, 2010

Great location for stay over for airport, before or after departure. Only 6 miles to the airport. They have a park and fly deal that is a great deal. They take you to the airport and pick you up when you return, any time of the day. You leave your car in their well lit lot. All comes with the cost of your stay. Hard to beat the deal. We found this to be hassle free. The staff was super friendly, even at 5 am! The hotel is in a convenient location for dinner , etc. The only negative is that the hotel is in need of some "makeover" attention. The exterior hallways, paint, carpet, etc. are starting to show some wear. The interior of the rooms, however, are typically hyatt place style and are well appointed and large.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 11, 2010

The Hyatt Place at Pittsburgh Airport is an excellent stop for an international traveler and the staff are very courteous. Particularly this year, with all the snow, to reach my office at Ryan Court, the drop service that the Hotel organizes is one of the most friendly - with Gwen and the male driver are very good in showing around.

The hotel room TV is excellent and huge with HDTV monitors in the room being an excellent wind-down after a long day. The reception staff and their promptness to bring in piping hot food to the tired traveler is also appreciated well.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed February 15, 2010

My wife and I stayed for a Friday and Saturday night in February. The room was spacious. I'd normally recommend this hotel. However, on Sunday morning our bill had been partly slipped under our door during the night. When I stepped into hall, I could see bills sticking out of many of the rooms on the floor. The bill had my name and address and the amount I'd paid for the room. Laughably, it motioned that at Hyatt "Your privacy is important to us." That sunk this property for me.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FES
Reviewed January 14, 2010

The Hyatt Place PIT Airport was a good place to rest my head for the night. The room and lobby were clean and modern. It was great to have a suite-type room with a separate living room area in addition to the bedroom. The staff was very friendly. The hotel is right by a new shopping center with a great Giant Eagle Market District supermarket that has an amazing array of prepared food options if you want to bring something back to your room. I had a car so it was easy to get around, but you could probably walk or have the hotel shuttle take you. It was an easy drive both to downtown and the airport. The only complaint I had was that the breakfast offerings were a bit lackluster and the fruit was not of good quality. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank globeseekerpa
Reviewed December 30, 2009

This was our first stay at a Hyatt Place, and I will look for them as a first choice from now on. The hotel was very comfortable and quite stylish. The lobby is modern, clean, new and attractively decorated. Althought I had some trouble with their email concierge getting our reservations right, everything was great when we arrived and the desk staff was friendly and helpful. We had 3 rooms between us, and they were clean, beautifully appointed and everything worked perfectly. They were a bargain at the AAA rate.

The rooms themselves are partially divided into a living room, and an almost seperate bedroom. In the living room area there is a desk, large "L" shaped couch (actually a sofa sleeper and plenty long enough to sleep on without pulling it out), a soft foot rest/coffee table, and a refregerator, sink, snack area. Some rooms have thiis area even longer and also have a breakfast table and chairs! There is a large digital flat screen TV above a bookcase, visible from both areas, which you pass by this to enter the bedroom itself. We had two comfortable beds with good pillows, a working thermostat, a real closet, and a sink area with 3 smallish drawers which were the only clothes drawers in the room. The bath area was a toilet and tub/shower which was a little tight, but with the sink and dressing counter in the bed room it was not ever an issue.

The lighting everywhere was good and bright, the room quiet, the shower strong and the towels and sheets clean and comfy. Everything looked new and had a fresh modern decor. The lobby was comfortable for meeting up with family with a nook to relax and talk in if you chose. We used the indoor pool and found it clean and a nice temp. It was not very big and might sometimes be crowded, but this was not a problem during our four night stay. The exercise room was small, but we always had it to ourselves when we used it, and it had great equiptment in perfect condition with complimentary earbuds to listen to the private TVs on your individual machines. We all had our laptops going and the connections were free, fast and functioning.
The negativesof this hotel were inconsequential beside these wonders, but there were a few. The included breakfast lacked any sort of selection or variation. The food was good and actually FRESH, but only 4 bread choices, milk, fruit, yogurt or cereal. The coffe/tea was good, but only available during the breakfast period. There was a 24 hour food kiosk/bar, but we didn't try it, so I can't comment. There were lots of good to great restaurants and shopping within blocks of the hotel, so the food really wasn't an issue. It is in the middle of a busy shopping mall area, and the roads were packed with lots of traffic around the hotel and a confusing approach to the hotel which is behind Kohls and Pep Boys. Our GPS was very confused, but the directions from the hotel desk were easy to follow. It is convenient to food and shopping and the airport, but a bit of a drive to downtown.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2009

Room was large and clean. No problems there. The problem was with the staff and their lack of helpfulness and friendlyness. We stayed at the Hyatt for four nights. During our stay, which was our first to Pittsburgh, we encountered one friendly staff member at the hotel out of about 10. When we asked for help as to directions or places to visit we would get hurried non helpful answers, and we were given the feeling that they had no interest in helping us. Never did we get "please", "thankyou" or "have a nice day". Instead we got "what do you need?" or just "yes?" when we went to the counter. It was if we were bothering them if we needed their help. When in a new city it is nice to feel welcome and be greeted with a smile. That was not the case at the HyattPlace!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank PeggerCanada
Reviewed December 4, 2009

I normally do not stay at Hyatt properties as they are not located in all of the cities I visit. I stayed here this time because of a very good price. I feel like I have stayed at this property under another brand but maybe this is because they layouts of Hyatt Place properties are very similar. There are a lot of services available very close to the hotel. The property was a little more worn than I expected but not bad. The check in and breakfast service were not as good as I expected. The desk clerk was doing something else when I checked in. I went up to the first check in location and had to move to another counter where the clerk wanted to work. I spent an above average amount of time maneuvering around the service staff service staff in the breakfast area. Overall it was a good stay, but a little better service would have gone a long way.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business