“Great front desk staff”

Hyatt Place Pittsburgh/Airport
Ranked #34 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed here on a road trip. The free breakfast has lots of choices - the bagels do tend to disappear quickly. Judging from the crowd at breakfast, families, teams, business people and couples all stay here. The room was quiet and the front desk staff was very friendly, remembering us by name throughout the visit. The room could have been vacuumed more thoroughly, we noticed when we first arrived. The next day, we left at 10am and at 3:30 the room was still not cleaned. So housekeeping could be better. But a good stay all in all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Standard Amerisuites updated and rebranded as a Hyatt Place. My room very clean. Bath redone as shower only (but of course still a bit small). Bedding was very good. Lobby hosting was friendly and way better than average. Thy had an indoor pool which was certainly a surprise. Only complaint was the AC unit was louder than normal, but I suppose that all depends on which room you get. We were just there for a one-night stay before a drive, but I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: You enter through the Hobby Lobby parking lot. Not very obvious. Also right off the Interstate, bu...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Took the family with two small kids here for a vacation to Pittsburgh. The staff were very nice and helpful. The rooms had frigs but no freezer. We asked the front desk and every night stored our freezer packs for the cooler for next days adventures (baby good, juice boxes,etc). Not in the heart of the city, but easy to get to and from all the locations we planned on visiting. Plenty of good food locations near by (Quaker steak and lube, joes crab shack, bahama breeze, olive garden, etc) with strip malls and an indoor mall there too (get cupcakes if you go to the mall at Robinson). There is also a drive in on the weekends that I wish we could have gotten to. Back to the hotel, one negative and not a big one was that the breakfast did not really change Tue - Fri. Yogurt, fruit, French toast, breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal, bagels, toast, etc. kept seeing a pic of waffles in the elevator and so made me want one but never had them. Sat there was a few different options, but still no waffles :) Husband and son went in the pool which was clean. Rooms were clean as well. Disappointed there were no washers/dryers on site (to dry bathing suits from pool). The room we had was 2queens and a pull out. With a family of 4 with kids you need space and this had it and it was a good price to boot.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Clean and quiet, super breakfast was served, good selection. Front desk staff friendly and professional. Parking lot had adequate illumination. Pool and Work Out facilities were good. Close to downtown with easy access on and off the interstate. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Take a room higher up, no worry about being close to stairway or elevator, very quiet hallways.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt Place Pittsburgh Airport for a single night on the way to business. I chose the hotel based on it's convenient location and because I am a Hyatt Gold Passport member. The room was very spacious and met my needs for cleanliness and comfort. I did not take advantage of the airport shuttle service, so I cannot comment on that. Breakfast was typical for a Hyatt Place property-- eggs, a meat, and a breakfast sandwich, along with fruit cocktail and carb bar. Since I was late in arriving and hadn't had dinner yet, I took advantage of the cafe on site. It's not a full service restaurant, but convenient for me looking for a quick bite late. The nachos were far from gourmet, but were plenty good. I wouldn't plan to have dinner at the cafe-- but it met the need of a hungry and tired travel.

Only complaint was with the operational knowledge of the staff. I specifically requested that my stay be credited as airline miles rather than Gold Passport points. This is a common request and the way that Hyatt manages giving points for their partners (as opposed to other brands, which credit automatically based upon your selected preferences). After being told that they no longer offered this service (which, for the record, is not true), I figured that I would have more luck with the check-out agent. He took my airline rewards number and input it, but clearly did not do this correctly, since the points were incorrectly applied to my Hyatt account and not the airline rewards account. Not a big deal, but it did require me to spend 10 minutes on the phone with Hyatt customer service afterwards to get it squared away.

I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed there one evening as we broke up a long road trip into two days. The desk clerks were efficient and friendly at check in and helped point out local places to eat dinner. The room was large and clean. The wireless connection was solid and fast. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast (included in the room rate) was readily available in the morning and featured a good selection of food. We paid $125.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Ok- so the hotel itself is great with fantastic rooms. Spotless. Great beds. Don't expect to park here unless you book the park and fly from the hyatt site.

I paid a little more to stay at this hotel because it got such great reviews, but also because I expected to be able to leave my care there LIKE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE OTHER HOTELS THAT I HAVE EVER STAYED IN NEAR THE PIT AIRPORT.
THE BAD- and this may be biased because I had a super long day on the road before this stay.
I booked through http://hotels.com which featured free parking and airport shuttle. The free parking is ONLY for the night you stay there. No keeping your car here while out of town unless you pick the park and fly option through the hyatt site. This was not so nicely told to me at 10pm by a snooty little red head who then just stared at my very tired road worn self as I processed...... After I stared blankly at her for a minute trying to process this, she just went back to putting the info for the room together and ignoring me. As I just stood there, I finally asked if there was a way I could pay to park there for the week to which she replied (very well rehearsed reply by the way) that no, there was no way to change it or upgrade to add parking.
After staring for a few more seconds at the top of her head after she went immediately back to ignoring me and putting the room keys together) I asked what people who were in my situation did when they came to this hotel expecting to park, shuttle, and fly- since her answer was so clearly rehearsed I was sure it was a very common event that someone showed up in my position. She replied that I would have to drive to the airport and park (extended is $8/day she quoted without a pause) or one of the other parking areas and be shuttled over....
With very bleary eyes, I put my hand to my face and lowered my head ( I think I muttered Oh [--] or something like that) she then pushed the room key in their packet below my face and told me where my room was and walked off.

I should be more positive and say that at least she answered my question. But I was so angry with her attitude that even when i saw the truly amazing room, I had already decided that I will not be staying here again. There are plenty of park and fly hotels with truly friendly staff.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family