“Great Place To Stay We Loved It Will BE Back!!!”

Hyatt Place Pittsburgh/Airport
Ranked #35 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Bridgeport, West Virginia, United States
“Great Place To Stay We Loved It Will BE Back!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

First off this hotel is great!!!! When we checked in felt right at home they treat you so great it was the best we stayed on floor 6 which the room was amazing loved the shower and nice tv in the room the bed was so comfy as well. My husband and I loved the movies we could order and watch. It was a great weekend stay it was my birthday and the staff they all said happy birthday made me feel really good. It's really close to everything shopping and food which is very nice as well a movies me and my husband went and seen a movie Saturday night which was not that far away at all. We will be back this is the second time we stayed here and we love it was great like the first trip and the food is really good as well :). The staff is super nice and do everything they can to make you feel at home which is amazing you can't find that at alot of places I am very pleased I picked this hotel again it gets better and better every time we stay. We are from out of state and it being my birthday we did learn about the beer and wine laws as well. We went to the wall close by deep creek winery I say has the best wine so it was nice to get a bottle go back to the room and get a movie and have a nice night in which was really great. We will be back the hotel is clean and the room was great and the staff is just amazing so sweet and nice!!! The staff is sooo amazing you will love it there :) and the 24/7 food was great keep up the great work:)

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Consistent quality and service here. The location is excellent near many choices for shopping and dining. Easy access in and out. All employees were friendly and outgoing. Well done at the Hyatt Place overall.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Disney1974
Windsor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

We hotel alot with Irish dancing. This hotel would fit in the middle of the pack of our standards we have come to expect when staying for a day or two.
There was nothing wrong with the cleanliness or the service. The internet worked fine for all of us. The pool was nice and big for the two girls, considerably deeper and bigger than what is normally expected from a hotel.
It was the size of the room that was disappointing. I guess in Pittstown every hotel room is small. When I inquired at the desk, I was told their rooms are above the standard in the area... with two kids, we always try and get a suite with a door and a room with a bathroom that is big enough. The rooms are so compact that you could not open the bathroom door and sit on the toilet at the same time. It required acrobatic moves for someone over 12!
I also felt we were on top of each other for the 3 nights as both the pullout couch with the two girls (12,13) and my husband and I on the king next to them shared a TV. We could not have a private conversation as there was a half/demi wall separating the two sleep areas.

Another issue was its location to the airport. You would think having the name "airport" it would be close but in fact ALL hotels, except for 1 (the other Hyatt) is located 5-10 miles away. Our competitions were at the other Hyatt so to trek back and forth was a pain. Hearing from dance friends made me realize we picked the better Hyatt to stay during our visit to Pittsburgh.

When we return to the area in the fall of 2013, I will likely stay at a competitor's place, across the street or up the road. Sorry, your rooms are just not big enough...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jupiter, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

If you need an inexpensive business hotel, this chain is terrific. The rooms are large, the bed comfortable and the service dependable. It's a really good choice in this neighborhood on the outskirts of Pittsburgh?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff B
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel had all the nice things you find in a typical Hyatt Place, the large room layout, AV connections to the TV, and the comfortable lobby design. But while traveling on work it is a requirement for me to have reliable Internet (which I've never had a problem with in other Hyatt places I've stayed at). This Hyatt Place was utterly lacking in this regard. The excuse from the staff what that they were at full capacity the previous night and it was obvious that they had heard this complaint before.

So, regardless of the other benefits, if I'm not able to get work done I won't return. And I don't see myself visiting this property again until they've fixed the internet speed problem.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ezrabud
Canfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I took my daughter here for a winter birthday getaway. We had a beautiful room, an evening cocktail at their small bar, an after dinner swim in the indoor pool, and a wonderful breakfast with their large selection. A great value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Very large suite with two double beds and pull out. Great for families. Close to interstate. Excellent breakfast selection included with stay. Fast wifi and new flat panel Tv with great channel selection. No brainer to return here when in Pittsburgh.

• Stayed December 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Airport South / Robinson Township
TownePlace Suites Pittsburgh Airport Robinson Township
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
#2 of 12 in Coraopolis
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Airport South - Settlers Ridge
Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Airport/Robinson Township

Been to Hyatt Place Pittsburgh/Airport? Share your experiences!