“Great hotel, and plenty of shopping nearby!”

Hyatt Place Pittsburgh/Airport
Ranked #35 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Toronto
“Great hotel, and plenty of shopping nearby!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

Stayed at the Hyatt Place Pittsburgh/Airport property for the labour day long weekend with a two other friends. Total of three in our room, we had two beds, plus the sofa bed. The room was very spacious, clean and modern and met our needs.

Complimentary Internet access was fast and the large 42" HD LCD TV was amazing. The elevators are a bit slow at this property. The complimentary continental breakfast was satisfying, and they have a menu of hot items which you can order which can be charged to your room account.

The indoor swimming pool was a nice touch and was maintained properly.

We liked how this property was close by to many stores, and malls. (IKEA, COSTCO, Staples, Best Buy, Sam's Club, K-Mart, Walmart, Pep Boys Auto, etc.) Plenty of dining options were available close by too (Olive Garden, Longhorn Steak, Red Lobster, etc.)

Our party had a great stay and did not have any negatives with regards to this property. Plenty of complimentary parking is available as well and they have two shuttle buses that can drive and pick you up within I believe a 5 mile radius of the hotel property.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Oshawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

The room was very nice and clean. My only complain was a tight bathroom space. There is no room to put down things. Breakfast is excellent, but get down early as sitting/eating space is limited. Overall, we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

This was my first stay in a Hyatt Place; I recently added Hyatt to my reward program portfolio. I booked this hotel the day of arrival - compared to most of the hotels in the area, the price was reasonable. Looking at a map of the city, it seemed equidistant from the airport and downtown, and its in an area called Robinson.

I did not rent a car this trip so I was happy to see the hotel provided complimentary shuttle service to and from PIT. When I arrived at the hotel, check-in was quick and easy - the hotel even has the self-check-in kiosks available. My room was decent-sized, with a sofa and living room area partially separated from the bedroom. The room had a huge flat-screen TV with all the data connection ports you could imagine. Internet service was complimentary and the connection was fast.

The hotel has a nice little cafe area in the lobby where you can buy sandwiches, salads, drinks, etc. My small turkey sandwich was a little overpriced at $8 I felt, and the chicken caesar was $7. As for the hotel's other amenities - the pool was nice but small. This hotel should not advertise that it has a "fitness center". It has two or three treadmill machines in a small drab room - not even a set of dumbbells. Breakfast in the morning is free - its your typical continental fare, with some bagels, yogurts, toast, cereal, etc.

As for the area, I think its great if you have a vehicle at your disposal. Virtually every store imaginable is in this area - there is even an IKEA across the street! Without a car, though, you are somewhat stranded at the hotel. The hotel does offer complimentary transportation within a five mile radius. Downtown is not as close as it seemed - it was a good thirty minutes in a cab that cost $25

Overall this is a nice, reasonably-priced hotel - Hyatt's answer to the Spring Hill Suites by Marriott or Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

My husband and our two children stayed here august 5th 2011 for a night so we could take our kids to the zoo the next morning so we didn't have to get up and make that 2 1/2 hour drive that morning. It was the best hotel I have ever stayed in. It was very affordable. The room was beautiful and very clean warm and inviting. The bed was sooooo comfy I could have layed in it all day lol ! I enjoed the fitness room and we all really enjoyed the pool. The hotel was so easy to find and very close to lots of resturants and shopping. The staff was so kind and wonderful and just really friendly. It was a great stay I could honestly live there. Will definetly stay there again. And would highly recomend to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

Having stayed at Hyatt Regency, I have come to expect a certain level of quality synonymous with the "Hyatt" name. Even though Hyatt Place is a budget hotel, I expected to find Hyatt's high standard of cleanliness to take precedence. I was disappointed to find, at least at the Pittsburgh location, that not only was cleanliness not a top priority but some things were down right gross. The bathroom light/vent fixture had dust and mold in it that looked as though it had been there for years. The bathtub needed to be cleaned and did not drain properly. As soon as I turned on the faucet, I noticed hair and particles floating in the water (not a place you want to clean yourself up). The bathroom itself was tiny and the commode was so low that I don't understand how tall people even use it. The dining room lacked so much to be desired that I decided to forgo breakfast altogether and grab a snack from a gas station. I don't know if it is worth mentioning because maybe there was work being done I was not aware of, but the hallways smelled very strongly of lacquer. I get the feeling that maybe this was a very old building that Hyatt acquired and remodeled to turn it into Hyatt Place. In my personal opinion, the money would have been better spent on a new building.

After pointing out so many bad things, I think it's only fair that I talk a little about the things that were nice. The size of the room was fantastic and the bed was clean and comfortable. The hotel was decorated with nice modern furnishings. Check-in and check-out was a breeze and the kiosks are great time savers!

All things in consideration, I am not ready to give up on the Hyatt Place chain just yet. Although I would not stay at the Pittsburgh location again, I will try one in a different state before I make a final decision about the company. I hope to have a better report as I would like to continue my Hyatt experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank itsglobetrotter
Montreal Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2011

Everything was good and very polite service.
The rooms clean and comfortable, the location is very pleasant and the service was
excellent.
The price they charged was below our expectations and we will gladly go back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Glens Falls, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2011

Hotel is right near the airport and surrounded by shopping and restaurants. Hotel was clean and right off the highway. Free breakfast was ok.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Mangocatpurring
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh Airport South / Robinson Township
TownePlace Suites Pittsburgh Airport Robinson Township
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
Courtyard Pittsburgh Airport
#2 of 12 in Coraopolis
Hampton Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Airport South - Settlers Ridge
Fairfield Inn & Suites Pittsburgh Airport/Robinson Township

Been to Hyatt Place Pittsburgh/Airport? Share your experiences!