The rooms are recently renovated and are very nice. They have managed to fix a major problem with many hotels by providing a setup where you can actually work and watch TV at the same time with the L-shaped desk arrangement. The public areas were apparently not renovated as the elevator in particular was quite dirty and the carpet very worn.
My only complaint is with the "Candlewood Cupboard". I didn't realize until I got home that I was charged $3 for use of the Cupboard even though I didn't buy anything. Their honor system does not work because people can put any room number down apparently and get something charged to another room. I didn't catch it on my bill because I was in a hurry and the hotel does not preprint bills for express checkout, even for priority club. So I had to wait to checkout and didn't review my bill (nor did I leave enough time to argue it)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh Airport is an ideal choice for both business and leisure travelers. Each spacious suite has a fully equipped kitchen complete with a full-size refrigerator/ice maker, microwave, range, and dishwasher. Traveling on business? Bring your laptop and work efficiently at your executive desk. Communication is no problem with voicemail, free local calls, free high-speed Internet access and two separate phone lines. Borrow your favorite movie from the hotel library and enjoy in your room from the comfort of your recliner. Hungry? Visit the Candlewood Cupboard, our on-site convenience store, and charge it to your room. Work off some stress in our 24-hour fitness center. Staying a long time? Take advantage of our on-site complimentary laundry facility. We re a pet friendly hotel too (fees apply). Located near the city's major expressways, we're just minutes from Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT), Pittsburgh's downtown business district, Bayer Corporation, FedEx Ground, University of Pittsburgh, First Niagara Pavillion, & UPMC. Want to see a game, Check out the Pittsburgh Pirates at PNC Park, The Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field. Check out the Pittsburgh Penguins or a concert at Consol Energy Centetr. The finest dining, shopping and entertainment are also within minutes at the Robinson Towne Center and the Mall of Robinson. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Candlewood Suites - Pittsburgh Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Candlewood Suites - Pittsburgh Airport Hotel Pittsburgh
- Candlewood Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Candlewood Suites