Econo Lodge
$146
$134
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Pittsburgh-North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$114
$105
Hyatt.com
$171
$156
Doubletree.com
$179
  • Pool
Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$209
$178
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Residence Inn Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$107
$131
$142
Hyatt.com
  • Breakfast included
SpringHill Suites Pittsburgh North Shore(Pittsburgh)(Great Value!)
$103
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssteubenville pikeroom was cleanwould stay here againcontinental breakfastconvenient locationinternetmicrowavetvacdowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Everything seemed very clean, bed was comfortable. A flat screen TV was mounted on the wall, about a 40" model with numerous channels. There was a large shelf to the right of the sink area which was very convenient for setting things down and keeping them out of the way. It's a one floor facility with no central hallway. I prefer this type because you can park your vehicle right outside your door. It's an economy motel so as long as you are not expecting a Holiday Inn look to the rooms I think you will be happy. There is a restaurant next door which I did not go to. If you proceed west on RT. 60 you will find more restaurants and stores within a couple of miles. I was staying there to visit the Rivers Casino, which is about 10 miles from the motel. The manger recommended taking RT.60 east to the casino which I tried. You can get there using that route but there are a lot twists and turns, but you do avoid the Fort Pitt tunnel. I also went via I-376, through the Fort Pitt tunnel. Expect a lot traffic going that way. I can't really recommend one over the other, you'll have to check the area out and decide. Now that I have the area checked out I am comfortable with it and I would stay at this Econolodge again. My one negative comment would be that when I first went into the room I noticed an unusual odor, not a bad smell really, but something like a sweet cleaning liquid or room deodorizer smell. After I was in the room for a short period of time I didn't really notice it. If they are trying to make the room smell fresh I would recommend they use something else.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The management was very friendly. They first gave us a room that wasn't made up! OOPS! But, that's ok, they quickly gave us the next room over.

It's an Econolodge, not Hampton. It was very cheap, and there were some reasons why. Everything was clean, but not totally updated. Teensy bit musty. Cheap paint job (very noticeable in the bathroom, where it was splattered on here and there.)

BUT, there was one really nice thing: the Breakfast was surprisingly large. Cereal, waffles, milk, coffee, the works. BUT, here's the thing: There are VERY FEW SEATS in the breakfast area. Like 7. So, the "Make sure you..." in the title is this: Make sure you get up, go get your breakfast, and take it back to the room! You'll be able to eat in peace and not have people stepping over you.

Room Tip: He was hesitant to give me a room in the back building, in case I was afraid. It's Crafton, for Pete's sake. It was fine.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I recall these types of motel rooms as being "the good rooms" from road trips with my family as a child. So, yes, it is a little dated but our room was very clean and comfortable. We had a king sized bed with a couch and coffee table, so lots of room. The breakfast was what you'd expect for a motel breakfast: lots of sugar and caffeine, however they did offer some fruit and there was a waffle machine. If you'd rather some protein in your diet, you can walk to the family diner right next door. The motel is about a 15 minute drive from downtown Pittsburgh and Monday morning traffic can be a pain (we were delayed an additional 15 minutes). If you are passing through on I-79, heading to the airport or traveling on a weekend/holiday, the traffic should not a problem (at least in the morning). I'd certainly give this establishment another go!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

during our trip to Pittsburgh we had a very hard time finding a hotel due to everything being booked. we ended up finding the econo lodge. The room was very clean. a little dated but clean. The beds were comfortable and it is the most quiet place I have ever stayed. A very good hotel for well under 100 a night. Kings restaurant is right next door for a great breakfast in the morning. we would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed here during my vacation in Pittsburgh. It was very easy to find as soon as I got off I-79 (even though I didn't follow the directions Google Maps gave me). I was warmly greeted by the owner when I arrived and was promptly processed even though it was apparent he was training a new employee. When I got to my room I found it clean, spacious and new looking. I would have liked if the AC had been turned on prior to my arrival since it was quite hot.

My bed was nice and firm and had clean sheets. I would have liked a blanket, but the bedspread worked well enough. There was a new coat of paint on the wall and while it wasn't super neat or the color I would have chosen it was nice to see they care about the upkeep of their property. The sink and vanity was separate from the commode and shower and all four were very well cleaned with not a single hint of hair or scum.

Perhaps the only downside was that breakfast ceased at 9 a.m. Even McDonald's gives you until 10:30 a.m. Even though it was late June, the outdoor pool was drained and closed and didn't look like it would be opened any time soon. This was really no bummer for me, as I had not planned on using it. Families, though, may be disappointed by this. Overall this hotel was a clear four out of five rating.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo