“Great value; great staff; great service!”

MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport
Ranked #38 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel could probably be classified as an airport hotel. It isn't the closest to the airport, nor the easiest to find, but I'll wager it's the best! All the staff were friendly, intelligent and went out of their way to meet my needs. The courtesy van did a fine job of transporting me to and from a restaurant of my choice, selected from their comprehensive guest services guide found in every room. Rooms are spacious, suite style, with a flat screen TVs and a kitchenette with a large refrigerator and stove. Rooms are extremely clean and tidy and the double glazed windows do a fine job of keeping out the noise.
The free wi-fi is very fast and works extremely well, but even if you don't want to use it there is a choice of a cable connection or just plain regular over the air cell signal... my phone had six bars here!
The parking areas were full of trees that must be a boon in the summer months! Most rooms look out onto the parking lots; a feature that I like because it allows me to keep a watch on my vehicle in a strange city.
Value for money is exceptional! I don't care much about the cost of where I stay but this was indeed a bargain at much less than half the cost some of the large airport hotels.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

nappieb,
We're happy to hear from you, and we're glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hyatt House. It's great to know that you found your room to be clean and comfortable room and our friendly staff accommodating to your travel needs. We appreciate your business and we hope you’ll visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

There are newer reviews for MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I needed a hotel with a suite to stay in for the week and found the Mainstay's suites on line and decided to give it a try. Our first night was a little rough with a nearby resident chosing not to sleep and watched tv all night which made our night go without rest. The next morning I went down to the desk expecting the same type of run around that you usually get with hotels and I was even ready to move to a diferent hotel, but when I told Pam this, she immediatly told me that they weren't going to let that happen. Pam talked to Valerie and not only did they move us, they upgraded us which really helped my wifes and daughters first time visit to Pittsburgh so much more enjoyable.
Thanks so much Pam and Valerie

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Wayne C

Wayne C,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us at MainStay Suites. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during your family trip. I sincerely apologize for the noise disturbances you encountered during your first night, but I’m happy to hear Pam and Valerie were accommodating in upgrading you to a new room. We have a great staff that genuinely cares about each guest experience. I will make sure Pam and Valerie receive a special commendation for their outstanding service. I hope your wife and daughters enjoyed their first trip to Pittsburgh and we’re happy to have been a part of it. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon for another family trip. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Missed my flight at 6am this morning and no flight until tomorrow. Reserved a room at MainStay and showed up at 10am but check-in wasn't until 3pm. Explained what happened and they found me a clean room so I would have a place to stay for the day. The room was very nice, the rates were reasonable for the area and I truly appreciate what the management did to make my day a little more bearable. I don't get out to Pittsburgh to often but will stay here anytime I do as well as my co-workers who do frequent the area. Truly a class organization.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mike m
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Great location near the airport, the staff (Pam) went above and beyond to accomodate us in every way possible. I would highly recommend this location especially if you need somewhere close to the airport with a shuttle.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Cat S,
Thank you for writing a review about your stay with us at MainStay Suites. We're delighted to have had you as our guest, and we're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your visit. I'm glad you liked our property, shuttle, and especially our friendly staff. I'll make sure to give Pam a special commendation for your kind compliments about her service. Should your travels bring you back to our area, please visit us again.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is booked by my office for me and seeing the rates I was thinking it might be a highway motel like place.
But to my surprise its a good property with excellent staff and superb hospitality.
They make the stay so comfortable for me that it turn to an experience.

Thanks everyone. You guys Rock!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

toyouamit,
It's great to hear from you. We appreciate your kind review, and we're delighted to know that your stay with us was enjoyable. I'm glad you liked our property and found our staff friendly and helpful. We enjoyed having you as our guest, and we hope you'll visit us again soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at the MainStay with my wife, three kids and inlaws in one of their 2 double beds + fold-out couch. I was surprised by how spacious the room was and we all fitted quite nicely in there. Everything was pretty clean and the hotel staff nice. Breakfast was ok but I always hate the styrofoam cups and plates. The thing that I disliked the most was the bed, which was like sleeping in a cup - it was just totally worn out. For airport travelers the complimentary parking and van services are a real bargain.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

hallodori,
Thank you for your review. We're happy to have had you and your family stay with us at MainStay Suites. I'm glad you liked our spacious suites as well as our friendly staff. Please plan to visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one evening with my family. Upon arriving, the lobby was very nice and the check-in was fairly easy. Once in the room, the carpet was very dirty and we killed two bugs. Our kids were very upset but since it was late we tried to calm them down. We used the pull out sofa and when getting it ready we realized we had no sheets. We called the lobby that provided sheets but no pillows. We were told pillows were locked up and the guy with the keys was at the mall then the airport. Two hours later the new person on duty provided us with pillows. She was extremly nice. When we went to close the curtains, we noticed how dirty they were. They had mildew and dirt all over them. We were so grossed out. Not to mention for one night they charged us $182.39. I called that following week and spoke to Doug who said he was a manager. He gave me every excuse for my concerns and at the end of the day, just didn't care. I would recommend not staying here until they clean up the hotel. It was just not very clean.

Room Tip: There are a number of hotels in the area to select from in the same area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, Manager at MainStay Suites Pittsburgh Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

TAVMO2,
We value your business and appreciate you choosing MainStay Suites. It is unfortunate that you did not have a satisfying experience with us. Your concerns do interest me and I have taken your comments straight to our staff meetings. Our greatest interest is to provide the highest quality of service to all our guests so improvements will be implemented as needed. Thank you for your patronage.