“Not great, but acceptable”

Hilltop Inn PIttsburgh
Ranked #70 of 73 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Hotel room was clean, but carpet was bumpy. We stayed two nights, and when we put up the do not disturb sign for just the morning on the second day, no one ever cleaned our room. It didn't need a cleaning, but we would have appreciated new towels. Occasionally, we would get a whiff of people smoking in front of rooms through the AC.

Continental breakfast was sparse (bagels, bread and cereal). It's a little hard-to-find, due to construction on the highway, not that that's under their control

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it was one of the few places that would allow check in at 19 and wasn't a ridiculous rate. The parking lot was in terrible shape, looked bad, and was bumpy. The staff was friendly. When we got in the room, it was pretty clean, only issue was the carpet and parts of the bedding were damp. They didn't stink, so I'm guessing the carpet was freshly scrubbed and the bedding didn't spend enough time in the dryer. Back to the bedding... It was me and my girlfriend. There were three old pillows on the bed which weren't enough, and the bedding consisted of 2 flat sheets and old thin blanket. About halfway thru the first night, I had to go to the front desk for towels. The front desk person acted like it was problem for me to ask for extra towels. The next morning was... Different. We woke up and all the lights in the room and our TV was off. This was strange because we fell asleep with it on. We got out of bed and went to the lobby for breakfast where we found out power was out for the entire hotel, which meant breakfast consisted of bread, gross donuts, cereal and orange juice, and NO coffee. Would not recommend for anything other than a place to sleep, and probably wouldn't stay again unless I had to.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 29, 2014

I stopped in to inquire about a room. I had just stayed here a week ago. He told me, a repeat gues,t that the price would be 79.00 usd's plus tax! Really!! You only charged me 45.99 usd's and that was the total amount needed.You just dealt with me last week. Can we say GREEDY. That is the problem with a lot of these innkeepers today.Their prices are continuing to go through the roof. This was not fair of him to do this to me.Shame on you Saieed. You just lost a customer!

Room Tip: Get a second floor room but BEWARE, he will tell you that there aren't any clean yet and that he...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank charlesfmagers
Reviewed June 5, 2014

After some of the negative reviews I was a bit nervous, but this place is just fine and I believe it to be a bargain for the price. Everything was clean, the linens, the bathroom, the sink area, carpet, I didn't notice any kind of smell (it was a non-smoking room) and the staff was responsive and accommodating. The only complaint I had is that the sockets don't charge your cellphone, that and the location, it's a bit of a ways from Pittsburgh and GETTING to town is a pain during rush hour. Well, that and the bed was a tad hard.
I also got a fridge and microwave, and the room was supplied with an iron, ironing board, and hair dryer (I didn't actually USE any of these things though).

Room Tip: Room 200, 201, 202, 203 all the way down at the end, away from everyone.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank RadioCathy
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I really want to share this horrible experience in this motel, They have the worse staff and management ever. Regardless of their smelly rooms and the yellow patched restrooms, they are so unwelcoming unprofessional staff. I didn't know their checking out time, at 11:20, one of the staff came to my room shouting and aggressively speaking and trying to fight. I have tried to tell him that I didn't know and I am trying so hard to pack my stuff as fast as I can and even if they want to charge me for an extra hour they could. I went down and asked to speak with the manger, I realized that the family is manged by an Indian family. A young lade said she is the manager and the other aggressive man was standing with her and trying to still argue and fight. She kept defending him. I told her I expect to be treated as a guest and my complaint to be heard. She was like him unfriendly and unprofessional. I told them they don't have a sign in the rooms for their checking out time and even so, they still have to treat their customers as gust. She said we don't care if you come again or not. I am so unsatisfied with their service and I strongly don't recommend them for any body else.

Room Tip: Do not try to reserve this hotel. It is baaaad
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank AbuBakr E
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This place is good enough for the price you pay. The room was clean with no overbearing smell and you are provided with a fridge and microwave. They offered free breakfast like cereal,toast, and fruit at a certain time. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: April 2014
Brad P, Manager at Hilltop Inn PIttsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for taking time to leave a review with us on Trip Advisor. We take great pride In our guests and their feedback. We are glad that your stay was an enjoyable one and that we were able to provide you with excellent service. If there is anything we could do to make your stay more enjoyable please don't hesitate to let us know.Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank Mary M
Brad P, Manager at Hilltop Inn PIttsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
4 mi away
Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Carnegie
Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport
Days Inn Pittsburgh Airport
#6 of 11 in Coraopolis

Been to Hilltop Inn PIttsburgh? Share your experiences!