All reviews walnut street welcome bag full kitchen second bedroom apartment building main building carnegie mellon living room small apartment home away from home gift bag traditional hotel single bed hardwood floors free parking dining table off street parking
Selected filters
Reviewed February 4, 2015

We came here planning to stay two weeks for my husband's surgery at one of the hospitals and the stay turned out to be much longer than anticipated. The staff went the extra mile to help me and to offer their support, particularly Sarah and Matt. The suite is comfortable and well supplied, and the staff is responsive and considerate. It's convenient to the hospital, stores, and restaurants. I highly recommend and will be returning soon. This kind of service and the friendly supportive staff has made me feel like I'm not alone during this stressful time. For this I'm most appretiative!

Room tip: The suites are spacious and comfortable
3  Thank Sharon F
ShadysideInnSuites, Manager at Shadyside Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2015

Dear Sharon F.,

Thank you so much for the positive review of the Shadyside Inn All Suites Hotel! We are so happy to hear you've enjoyed the many amenities in the area as well as the comfort of your suite! We pride ourselves on having helpful, supportive staff members; we're so glad you thought so too! Thank you again for the wonderful review!

Samantha W.

Reviewed January 25, 2015

Well, I have to say that the customer service experience is what won me over here. Yes, the room is well decorated, bed very comfortable, kitchen perfectly supplied and maintained and area cute and convenient, but it's the service that won me and will make me and those I relate to, a returning customer.

It took only one phone call - not even to the manager expressing my dis-satisfaction with some cleaning issues for us to be called the next day by the manager and for not only the problem to be solved, but we to be more than compensated. We also appreciated a friendly and helpful voice ALWAYS on the other side of the phone, no matter what time of day or night even holidays. It was strangely odd to have such perfectly happy people, one should have been grumpy, but no, everyone helped in any way without a thought or look for reciprocity. I like the cute welcome bag during check in. That is a nice touch. Although we did have some problems with parking, it was simply because the place was too booked - it was the holidays. Our room was great inside, though we had only a view to the parking, but still felt safe as there are cameras everywhere. The kitchen was absolutely new, toaster, microwave, chic chrome decor and everything to live quite happily for good. The walls or ceilings are quite thin, but staff is dedicated to making sure that neighbors are respectful. Hot water was perfect. Excellent TV channel options. Price was comparable to area. But what you got was an apartment, not just a room, and in a great neighborhood that you could park for free and walk to everything you needed, so really it was worth staying at even if you found places with pools or lower prices for luxury perks. I won't ever stay anywhere else again when I visit the area. This is just fantastic and everything I need with a guarantee that all will be as I wish. Customer is happy. That's their goal. And they succeeded.

Room tip: Ask for room not facing parking lot. Ask for room if possible with no one above you.
Date of stay: December 2014
1  Thank MDGypsy
ShadysideInnSuites, Manager at Shadyside Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2015

Hi MDGypsy,

Thank you for reviewing the Shadyside Inn All Suites Hotel! We are extremely appreciative of your kind words about our staff. We pride ourselves on our warm, welcoming customer service. Many of our guests enjoy the amenities of a suite with a full kitchen in our wonderful neighborhood; we are glad you did too!

We can't wait to see you on your next trip to Pittsburgh!

Reviewed January 22, 2015

Had to find a hotel fast due to family emergency. Got lost due to construction EVERYWHERE so thank you to their staff for great directions and being so helpful. The rooms are very nice and clean and the staff is fantastic. The price is also better then the holiday or hampton inn.

1  Thank Colenebc

Hi Colenebc,

We sincerely appreciate your positive review of the Shadyside Inn All Suites Hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your suite, as well as the high level of customer service we have here. We pride ourselves in being an affordable option here in Shadyside!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2015

We went to visit our son at Pitt with a group -- it was perfect. We had the two bedroom and had room to stretch out and relax. My son, who was living in the dorms, loved to come over hand out on the couch and have me make him dinner. Nice break for the family!

Room tip: Make sure you know if you are staying across the street or at the main building. Park across the street is a little bit of a pain and would be bad for people who don't walk well.
Date of stay: October 2014
2  Thank JennyDog2008

Hi JennyDog2008,

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us while visiting the University of Pittsburgh! Many of our guests enjoy the spacious suites because it allows for plenty of room for any family members who want to visit. We are glad you took advantage of that! We can't wait to see you on your next trip to Pittsburgh!

Bridget V

Reviewed January 14, 2015

The Shadyside Inn was recommended by my nephew who used to live in Pittsburgh. It more than exceeded our expectations: it was in a great location where you felt safe, the apartment was very large, and we had excellent customer service. Roxanne at the front desk was like our personal concierge and Matt, our shuttle driver, met us in the early am for a free ride to the medical building where I had an appointment, dropped us off at the front door, and retrieved us exactly at the prearranged time. Brittany suggested Shady Grove restaurant for burgers and it was yummy. Even though it was very cold outside, we visited the shops on Walnut Street just around the corner because it is so convenient and trendy!

• Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank Becky G
ShadysideInnSuites, Manager at Shadyside Inn All Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2015

Hi Becky G.,

Thank you so much for your review of The Shadyside Inn! We are so happy to see you enjoyed your stay and all of your interactions with the staff! We truly hope that on your next visit to Pittsburgh that we will get the pleasure to WOW you again with our property and our service!