“Second time we've stayed here-no complaints”

Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Airport
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We were in town for a wedding and needed a place to stay the night before checking in to the hotel we'd be staying at for the wedding. This property is middle of the road in that it's not run down and nasty, but it's not high end. You're not going to get the bells and whistles. Since it's and Extended Stay, the amenities and housekeeping situation is different. That's how they all are. My husband and I have no problem with that. Our room was clean, our bed was comfortable, and there was nice water pressure in the shower. When we first checked in, there was a small yappy dog across the hall that we worried would be a problem as the night wore on, but when we got back from dinner we didn't hear another sound from that dog for the rest of the night.

There's a workout room on the first floor that we saw, but didn't have an opportunity to try out.

The location is convenient to all kinds of food and shopping if that's your thing.

Internet access is $4.99 a day, but that's true with any Extended Stay across the country. The front desk people were friendly.

Like I said in the title of this review, we have no complaints about the Extended Stay Deluxe in Robinson.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank granolagirl23

Reviewed July 30, 2011

You get what you pay for at this cheap, mostly adequate suburban extended stay hotel:

The Bad:
- Wet dog smell (pet friendly)
- Big clump of long black hair on bathroom floor
- No shampoo or anything but a bar of soap in the room (shampoo is avail at desk). No hand dishsoap for dishes either
- Hard-as-a-rock bed killed my back

The Good:
- Relatively clean
- Room was "bigger than (bf's) apartment"
- Full size kitchen with pots and dishes for 3
- Good water pressure
- Walking distance to lots of restaurants and shopping and close to highways
- Free parking

Was it tolerable for one night? Yeah. Would I go back? Nooooo!

Room Tip: Get a corner room, they are largest
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sluggo65
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I like to give this hotel a higher rating. There is one major flaw - the fitted sheets don't fit. For some reason, the sheets on the queen size beds are too small. I've been here 6 weeks while relocating and almost every week I have to play 'sheet lottery' trying as many as 4 different fitted sheets to find one that will stay on the bed throughout the night.

I don't expect much, but I do expect the bed to function properly. Having to get up and re-make the bed bcause the bottom sheet is off is NOT acceptable.

Nice front desk staff, relatively clean rooms. Ample parking. Located near lots of stores and restaurants. About 25 minutes into downtown pittsburgh (with normal traffic).

one last thing - as the summer of 2011, the pool is not open. there is not grilling area like in the photos.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank shwoodaas
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We booked this on priceline for 45 dollars I believe. The room was going for 80 dollars. We had, I believe the smallest room in the entire hotel that they offer....it was huge to say the least. It was very comfortable and had so much room, everything needed to cook food. I saw a pool that was closed, its a shame as it would have been great on the hot summer day. The place was spotless and was in a great area. It was the perfect place to bring some visiting people to my area during the time. I will no doubt keep them in thought next time I need to find lodging in the area.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We were warmly greated by Bill who was very friendly and even called us up later to make sure everything was well with our room. The room was clean and comfortable. We only stayed one night but it was so much better than the Candlewood Suites next door. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for its value and service.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2010

"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Pittsburgh - Airport. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again.

Reviewed September 12, 2010

I loved this hotel! It was the perfect hotel for traveling! I has a full kitchen, large rooms and very friendly and nice staff! I also appreciated the breakfast in the lobby during the mornings. What a great hotel! I 100% recommend!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Manager-BKL, Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2010

"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Pittsburgh - Airport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed June 20, 2009

We stayed for a month while working at Beaver Valley Power Station. We worked 3 of those weeks on night work and were never disturbed while sleeping during the day. The staff was very helpful finding restaurants and 24 hour stores due to our unusual hours. They were very accommodating in terms of providing extra towels and cleaning our room weekly at a convenient time late in the afternoon. The cost for the two of us was $46 a night inclusive. The amenities in the room were excellent and the kitchen was full size and had all appliances. Since we were working a 12 hour shift we had everything we needed at the room.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Manager-BKL, Hotel Manager at Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2009

"Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay Deluxe Pittsburgh - Airport. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pittsburgh
Econolodge Inn & Suites
#66 of 72 in Pittsburgh
Coraopolis
Candlewood Suites - Pittsburgh Airport
Coraopolis
TownePlace Suites Pittsburgh Airport Robinson Township

Been to Extended Stay America - Pittsburgh - Airport? Share your experiences!