“My two night stay” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices

2) toilet was broken and needed to get fixed during stay
3) stairs do not lead to lobby
4) bed squeaked
5) could here loud tv next door late at night
6) alarm clock was off by an hour when I arrived here (should have right time)

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Harvgoods
Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Harvgoods:

Service consistency is something we take great pride in offering and we appreciate your honest feedback about your experience. We've taken this opportunity to review some of our processes and incorporate your comments into future trainings to ensure we are meeting our guests' needs and comfort levels. We hope you'll consider giving us a second chance to make a great first impression.

Kind regards,

Sean G.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Louisville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

When my wife and I arrived, she had a debilitating migraine,a nd I had food poisoning - and our three kids were running wild. the staff took immediate control, calmed my kids down, offered us lots of help, and we could not have survived without them. Kudos!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sean G, Asssitant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Matthew K:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. Our entire hotel team devotes each day to our guests, and hearing that one of our guests had an experience like yours, were several team members were able to make a personal impact on your time at our hotel makes our work worthwhile. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Yours truly in hospitality,
Darnestown, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

I highly recommend this hotel for business or personal travel. Located in the heart of Oakland, PA, just minutes five minutes from downtown Pittsburgh, you are in the middle of all of the businesses, hospitals and universities. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are very nice and the food is good. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Collin U
Sean G, AGM at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Collin U:

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place on your recent trip to the area. After reading your comments, I am delighted to see that our team was able to provide exceptional service throughout your stay and that our location provided you with the luxury of convenience. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place we pride ourselves on delivering a true “Home away from Home” hospitable experience and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Our entire team believes in going above and beyond in order to ensure all of our guests have a comfortable and memorable experience like yours.

Thank you for your time as well as feedback on your experience. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Yours in Hospitality,
Oneida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

A good solid hotel experience. No complaints. Centrally located to universities. Clean and comfortable. Nice valet service. Kind of wished there was a pool/jacuzzi. Really loved the comfortable beds and nice linens. Was hoping there was pay per view movies on the tv.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Diane N;

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place on your recent trip to the area. I am delighted to see that you were very pleased with your overall experience, and that our location to many area businesses, restaurants and shops were a convenient amenity during your stay. I do apologize for amenities that were not offered throughout your stay; however, am very happy to hear that we met your overall expectations.

Thank you again for your feedback, and for your business. I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Pittsburgh/Oakland area!

Yours in Hospitality,
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

My first impression was when we were greeted at the parking ramp. The valet staff was very helpful and friendly. Then our check-in was easy and fast and we were greeted with smiles. When we checked in our room, the maid service was awesome! The room was really clean, the Bed spread was washed. We took advantage of the shuttle, everyone was very friendly and knowledgeable of the area, this was an unexpected service but was nice to have due to all the snow. I felt bad that not everyone using this service didn't tip the drivers. It is a free service up to 3 miles. We took the package PARK, EAT and GO. This package is conveniently priced.
If you are visiting University of Pitt this is the Hotel for you. The ONLY "Con" is the comfort of their mattress on a scale of 1 to 5, 5 being the best, I would give it a 1. Even with the dial for soft to hard. It was the worst mattress I have ever slept on. To the staff at Hilton Garden Inn University Place you all were so nice, kind, and fun. Keep up the excellent customer service!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lisa M
Dear Lisa M:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. Our entire hotel team devotes each day to our guests, and hearing that one of our guests had an experience like yours, were several team members were able to make a personal impact on your time at our hotel makes our work worthwhile. I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered regarding the Garden Sleep System bedding package we offer. My hope is we will have the opportunity to make up for the issues you encountered and have you join us again in the near future.

Yours truly in hospitality,
West Orange, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I unexpectedly stayed here one night in January when my flight home from Pittsburgh was canceled because of snow. As a result I checked in at around 5:00 when my business for the day was completed and was met by Chris. His name tag said something to the effect that he was new, but he was very well trained. He welcomed me, asked if I needed any information, and told me about the hotel. When I asked about convenience toiletries since I was staying overnight unexpectedly, he immediately retrieved a variety of items for me, including a toothbrush, tooth paste, hair comb, mouth wash, etc.

Later when I asked about the hotel's shuttle and whether it could take me to a restaurant that I had heard of, he immediately told me that it was within the 3 mile radius of the hotel and asked what time I wished to go.

This stay could have been very unpleasant given the circumstances, but Chris, his smile and his trainer saved it.

Room Tip: The platform that my bed was on was too large for the room as a result I whacked my knee pretty hard...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank use_2_love_2_travel
Dear use_2_love_2_travel:

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful remarks about your experience here at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. It is always great to hear how much our guests enjoyed their visit to our hotel and to the Pittsburgh/Oakland area. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with Chris and the entire team. Given the unfortunate circumstances of your stay due to weather delays, I am very pleased to hear we were able to provide you with a postive and hopefully memorable experience. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and hopefully it is not due to an unexpected delays. Once again thank you very much for sharing feedback regarding your experience.

Yours truly,
Watertown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located and priced, and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Their shuttle service was also terrific and their driver was most pleasant and helpful. Our room was very clean and the overall appearance of the hotel was neat. The only complaints are there was no way we could turn off the blower to the heat in our room so it seemed a bit noisy and made it feel a bit drafty; and the breakfast we had there was way overpriced and not worth the money (homefries were dry). These things were not a deal breaker and we would stay there again. Even the beds are adjustable to accommodate for the firmness to suit your comfort level.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear 4Guest22;

Thank you very much for providing feedback regarding your current visit to the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. We strive to be the best at what we do and I am very happy to hear that your overall experience was a positive one. My hope is we will have the opportunity to have you join us again in the near future.

Yours truly in hospitality