Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
1,118 results
All reviewsvalet parkingfront deskforbes avenuecarnegie mellonvisiting pittshuttle serviceoakland areamedical centerconvenient locationrestaurant staffwalking distancewithin milesvalet staffthe entire stafffree shuttlechecking outper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 25, 2013

no free breakfast - valet only parking (for $20 per day), mattresses moved around on odd bed frames, heat/air blower very loud. Very convenient to UPitt - clean, accommodating, no problems. Wish they had put coffee out for longer during the morning since they don't serve breakfast. Liked having the Keurig in the room. Hotel was a basic 2bed room - nothing particularly special about it - Didn't have a chance to use pool, fitness center etc.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Sean G, AGM at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place on your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to see that you were very pleased with our location; however, I would like to apologize for the issues/inconveniences you encountered during your stay. I assure you that your comments will be shared with the team members in order to implement corrective action where necessary.

Thank you again for your feedback, and for your business. I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Pittsburgh/Oakland area!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed October 24, 2013

We found the Hotel to be very agreeable for our needs. It was close to the University of Pittsburgh, so while my husband was attending meetings I could walk around the University. As for restaurants there was a two block area of all different types to choose from,from bagels to Chinese Buffet, all in walking distance!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place on your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to see that you were very pleased with your overall experience, and that our location to many area businesses, restaurants and shops were a convenient amenity during your stay.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed October 24, 2013

For the money we paid...I was expecting more than average everything, maybe a bigger room with immaculate comfy beds. Not the case! Towels were grey with stains on it... There was no toaster and also the room was kind of small and very dusty! We called in advance for a shuttle and when we arrived at the Amtrak Station we were told we need to wait 45 min. It was raining and I was traveling with 3 kids. The only good things: since the cab system in Pittsburgh is virtually non-existent, we were very glad to be just 2 min walk from PITT and the morning we left we were lucky enough to have a shuttle available. The driver was extremely nice and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brindusa G

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place during your recent business trip to the area. We appreciate your feedback, and I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you encountered throughout your stay. We appreciate the insight so we can address and resolve the issues you mentioned. We strive to ensure all of our guests have positive experiences during their stay and we failed to deliver in your case. Thank you again for your feedback and once again my apologies.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times. Rooms are clean, bed is very comfortable, staff is friendly, and food is excellent. Easy cheek in and out. Great location at Pitt. Front desk staff will do anything for you. I will stay there again when I return to Pittsburgh.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. I wanted to personally thank you for sharing feedback on your experience. I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with our location and also with the service you receive during your visits. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Hospitably Yours,

Sean G.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The hotel is well located if you want to stay in the Oakland area. The rooms are small, and nothing special. The distance from the bottom of the bed to the dresser is about 18-inches ... just narrow enough to keep banging your shins on the wood corners of the bed! Even with Hilton Gold status, there is NO breakfast included ... except for a coffee urn in the rather small lobby. The hotel staff didn't seem to be happy that we, or any other customers, were staying there ... they could use some Hilton hospitality training. They even brought the wrong car to us when we were checking out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jack M
Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for the feedback you provided regarding your experience. We take our comments very seriously and I assure your comments will be shared with the appropriate managers and team members in order to implement corrective action.

As a loyal Hilton HHonors member you should have received extended benefits such as complimentary breakfast coupons. I do apologize for this not being the case and also for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. If there is any way we can make this up to you please do not hesitate to contact me at sean.groth@hilton.com. We hope to have the chance to make this up to you and once again we are very sorry for the incident.

Hospitably yours,