Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
1,129 results
All reviewsvalet parkingfront deskforbes avenuecarnegie mellonvisiting pittshuttle serviceoakland areamedical centerconvenient locationrestaurant staffwalking distancewithin milesvalet staffthe entire stafffree shuttlechecking outper day
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We stayed here for two nights to visit our son who attends University of Pittsburgh. The rooms are clean, the hotel is well maintained and conveniently located in Oakland in relation to the university. Be prepared to pay an extra $18 per night for valet parking but parking is expensive all over this part of the city. They also serve a tray of yummy cookies in the lobby in the afternoon.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Eric19067:

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place on your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to see that you were very pleased with your overall experience, and that our location to many area businesses, restaurants and shops were a convenient amenity during your stay. I am also very happy to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary cookies we over daily for our guests to enjoy after a day of travel.

Thank you again for your feedback, and for your business. I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Pittsburgh/Oakland area!

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Have stayed several times in the past year and have always been extremely satisfied except higher pricing at times. However this time since we were on the second floor right above bus stop room 220 cannot stress enough that one ask for a higher floor or a discount for that room. It is extremely noisy till the bus stops running as it seemed the people were talking in our room the window is just not sound proofed enough. Previously we have never been near the bus stop so did not notice the noise. Normally everyone at the front desk is very friendly but the night we arrived had to say change of personnel at check in made it not so. In the morning the people before called for their car and it sat right in the middle of the lane to exit for about 20 min. I would still recommend this hotel if you have to visit the nearby colleges or hospital but make sure you are well above the second floor.

Room Tip: ask for a higher level floor and not on the corner of Forbes
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear 4vrongo:

Thank you very much for taking the time to share information regarding your experience here at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. Although I am very glad to hear that you were pleased with past experiences. I must apologize for the other issues you encountered throughout your previous stay. I assure you that the proper conversations will be had with each department head in order to implement corrective action where need be. Unfortunately, due to our urban location and high occupancy here at the hotel, outside disturbances such as the ones you mentioned can become an issue at times. Although this is no excuse for what you experienced we are able to offer you a room with a different view of the city and also one located in a quieter area of the hotel.

Once again, I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered and also to thank you for bringing these items to my attention in order to ensure we can make the necessary changes. If there is anything at all that I can assist with for any future visits please do not hesitate to contact me at sean.groth@hilton.com Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Best,

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We were in town for just a short stay, but loved the convenience, atmosphere, & helpful staff @ Hilton Garden Inn! We will return to this hotel whenever we are in town. We stayed in one of the suites, and what a fun weekend it turned out to be!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful remarks about your experience here at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. It is always great to hear how much our guests enjoyed their visit to our hotel and the Pittsburgh/Oakland area. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with our entire team.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future and hopefully it is not due to an unexpected medical emergency. Once again thank you very much for sharing feedback regarding your experience.

Best,

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed in room 800 on oct 8, 2013 and the entire evening, night, and morning we were there there was a banging noise. Maybe the pipes or something. Also the beds have a platform that sticks out past the mattresses and my wife and I were constantly banging our legs against them. We will end up with bruises. The distance between the desk and bed that you have to walk around is less than 2 feet. I'm not sure if this meets fire code in Pittsburgh PA or not. I have a need to come to this part of Pittsburgh a few times a year now and I will not be staying here again.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KeithPom
Chuck H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for sharing this feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and will have maintenance look into the issues you had with your room. We hope you will reconsider and stay with us the next time you are in town, so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Chuck Heinlein

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn University Place while on a recruiting trip to Carnegie Mellon University during the "Spring" (it was snowing).

Valet parking seems to be the norm in the neighborhood. When I left my iPhone in the car, the valet brought it up to my room. They were quick about fetching my car when I needed it.

Room was clean with a comfortable bed.

Lots of restaurants and bars within blocks along Forbes Street. There is a nice bar area for meeting people in the hotel. I recommend visiting the Carnegie Museum if you have time and a yen for dinosaurs, minerals and/or Art. I drove to the Carnegie Museum, and by the time I found parking, I wished I had walked.

Easy walk to Penn. You'll want to drive to CMU if it is snowing.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. Our entire hotel team devotes each day to our guests, and hearing that one of our guests had an experience like yours, were several team members were able to make a personal impact on your time at our hotel makes our work worthwhile. My hope is we will have the opportunity to have you join us again in the near future.

Yours truly in hospitality,