“Excellent Hotel - Reasonable Price”

Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place
Ranked #18 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

This has been by far one of the BEST hotels I have ever stayed in. My room was spacious, the bed was big, linens crisp and clean, pillows SO SO SOOO fluffy, and I truely had a great nights sleep.

The bathroom was also very nice, granite countertop, nice pressure on the shower head and overall VERY CLEAN.

I ate in the restaurant for dinner and breakfast, the staff at the bar were extremely nice and personable, and everyone that I encountered from the cooks, to the waitresses, to housekeeping was extremely nice and welcoming.

The only downside for ME was the location, as it's not within walking distance of any Pittsburgh tourist attractions, but if you're dropping a kid off at PITT or Carnigie Melon than this is a good spot because its right there.

Also, I think valet's a little steep at $18/day. Aside from that, I definitely enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. I wanted to personally thank you for sharing feedback on your experience. One of the most important factors when selecting a hotel is the cleanliness of a property, and our team takes great pride in keeping both our guestrooms and public areas spotless for our valued guests. I am very pleased to hear that you were overall satisfied with your trip.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our daughter is at Pitt and we've stayed at this hotel several times. The location was why we originally picked it. Now we come back because the rooms are clean and the staff very friendly. Valet is great. They even accommodated our SUV with a roof box. The manager, Sean, was very helpful. And I have to mention Darryl who saw that I looked thirsty when I returned from a run and offered me a bottle of water. That's great service!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. Our entire hotel team devotes each day to our guests, and hearing that one of our guests had an experience like yours, were several team members were able to make a personal impact on your time at our hotel makes our work worthwhile. We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to PITT.

Yours truly in hospitality,

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Friendly efficient staff, good breakfast, clean rooms. A wonderful hotel; my choice always when in the area. Staff is always helpful. The room is comfortable.Valet parking were generally quick and courteous. The breakfast area is well lit with good food.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

First and foremost I would like to personally thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Pittsburgh/Oakland area. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place we pride ourselves on delivering a true hospitable experience and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed August 21, 2013

While the front desk personnel was fast, efficient and friendly, amenities OK, we found the bed to be very hard and uncomfortable. The room and Hotel were clean, valet parking attendants were quick and courteous, although there is an $18.00 charge plus tax. The entrance-way was nice but the rooms need a little sprucing up. The location is very convenient to the colleges and restaurant scene, but the room we stayed in had excessive noise, probably based on the location it faced.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Sean G, AGM at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for the feedback you provided regarding your experience. We take our comments very seriously and I assure your comments will be shared with the appropriate managers and team members in order to implement corrective action.

I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and if there is any way we can make this up to you please do not hesitate to contact me at sean.groth@hilton.com. We hope to have the chance to make this up to you and once again we apologize for the incident.

Hospitably Yours,

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My daughter is a student at University of Pittsburgh and we have stayed at another hotel during our visits, which we liked. Although somewhat leery, I booked the Hilton Garden as it is closer to my daughter's apartment. I was pleasantly surprised and will stay there again. Rooms were bright and clean. Staff was friendly and accommodating. The free coffee bar and numerous available newspapers were appreciated in the morning. Very customer-focused. During registration they asked the purpose of our visit and remembered it as we were checking out. The valet even provided complimentary bottles of water for our drive home.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not on Forbes Avenue - a busy street
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place on your recent trip to the area. After reading your comments, I am pleased to see that our team was able to provide exceptional service throughout your stay. Our entire team believes in going above and beyond in order to ensure all of our guests have a comfortable and memorable experience once they enter the hotel. I see that you visited the area due to a planned visit to the University of Pittsburgh; we hope you enjoyed your visit and we wish your child well in earning their degree from PITT.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Visited Carnegie Mellon, and stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn.
Very clean rooms, easy access to the hotel, got a nice bottle of water when checking in.
Only reason it's not a 5 is the $32 parking.
Front desk was very friendly

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place on your recent trip to the area. After reading your comments, I am pleased to see that you were pleased with your overall experience during your visit. I see that you visited the area due to a planned visit to Carnegie Mellon University; we hope you enjoyed your visit and we wish to see you again soon during your next visit to CMU.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nice location, clean, and all the amenities you could ever need. Theres a Walgreens right around the corner for anything you forgot. If you are coming in for either business or students at Pitt, the campus is a short walk up the street. You wouldn't need to find parking after you park at the hotel. There is also public transportation outside the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place on your recent trip to the area. After reading your comments, I am pleased to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and also the amenities of the hotel. Thank you for your time as well as feedback on your experience. We hope to see you again in the near future!