“Comfortable clean rooms, very pleasant staff.”

Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place
Ranked #19 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Comfortable clean rooms, very pleasant staff.”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Pittsburgh's Oakland neighborhood. My room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. I was able to set the temperature of the room, a very important detail for me, to the exact level I prefer for sleeping. I like it cold :) The staff was very pleasant and helpful starting with the friendly valet who parked our car to the pleasant girl who checked me in. I noticed the alarm clock radio in my room didn't work and maintenance brought me a new one within ten minutes of my calling the front desk. And at breakfast at the hotel's restaurant when I ordered pancakes out waitress asked what size I wanted them. Never been asked that before :) A good location as this place is within walking distance to plenty of restaurants and bars, and they also provide a shuttle to take you pretty much anywhere in the city. I would definitely reccommend this hotel for anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. Our entire hotel team devotes each day to our guests, and hearing that one of our guests had an experience like yours, were several team members were able to make a personal impact on your time at our hotel makes our work worthwhile. My hope is we will have the opportunity to have you join us again in the near future.

Sean G.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a great place to stay in Pittsburgh's Oakland neighborhood. My room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. I was able to set the temperature of the room, a very important detail for me, to the exact level I prefer for sleeping. I like it cold :) The staff was very pleasant and helpful starting with the friendly valet who parked our car to the pleasant girl who checked me in. I noticed the alarm clock radio in my room didn't work and maintenance brought me a new one within ten minutes of my calling the front desk. Within walking distance to plenty of restaurants and bars as well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place on your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to see that you were very pleased with your overall experience, and that although you encountered a problem with you alram clock our maintanence team was able to resolve this quickly.

Once again, thank you again for your feedback, and for your business.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The Hotel room is beautiful. Unfortunately the room I stayed in was not acceptable. The hotel does not allow pets. I can honestly say someone had a animal in the room the day before. The drains were really slow.
I stayed in room 615. You have lights from the gas station on one side and lights from the hotel on the other. Close the shades or you won't sleep

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback you provided regarding your experience. We take our comments very seriously and I assure your comments will be shared with the appropriate managers and team members in order to implement corrective action.

I do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay an if there is any way we can make this up to you please do not hesitate to contact me at sean.groth@hilton.com. We hope to have the chance to make this up to you and once again we are very sorry for the incident.

Hospitably yours,

Danvers, United States
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Great stay at this Hilton Garden. Clean and convenient, this was a gem of a hotal in a terrific location. Everything within reach, easy valet and user friendly for the business traveler. A stand out for me as a frequent busines traveler.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Sean G, Assitant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. I am happy to see that you were very pleased with the amenities we offer here at the hotel. Meeting our guests expectations is what we strive to do; and to hear that we were able to offer an efficient business atmosphere is quite pleasing. I hope is we will have the opportunity to have you join us again in the near future.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed 2 nights, for our daughter's graduation from Point Park University. Every one of the staff were great! There were loads of great restaurants within walking distance, and it was convenient to the expressway entrances/exits. The price for the 2 nights' stay, including valet parking, was good when compared to several others in the downtown Pittsburgh area. We ate at the restaurant for dinner one night, and the variety and quality of the food was excellent, in addition to the service. I was not a fan of the dial-a-firmness beds, but the rest of my family slept well in them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear mhenry59;

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place on your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to see that you were very pleased with your overall experience, and that our location to many area businesses, restaurants and shops were a convenient amenity during your stay. I do apologize for the issues you encountered with the Garden Sleep System bedding package we offer; however, am very pleased to see that we met your overall expectations.

Thank you again for your feedback, and for your business. I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Pittsburgh/Oakland area!

Tampa, United States
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The staff at the Pittsburgh Med Ctr Garden Inn hotel has gone all out to make my stay here as comfortable as it could have ever been. The quiet and clean room felt rewarding after a long workday; a varied breakfast menu with some of the healthiest choices, was also refreshing and uplifting. Needless to say, I am coming back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you very much for providing feedback regarding your current visit to the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. We strive to be the best at what we do and I am very happy to hear that your overall experience was a positive one. We love to hear that you will be returning to our property.. If there is anything at all we can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Huntington, New York
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for a weekend in order to visit PITT. The hotel is easy to find and the staff was welcoming and helpful. Beds were firm as mentioned above, but not nearly as bad as indicated by others. Room wasn't overly large but certainly big enough. There was maintenance being done on the one of the elevators which caused a bit of a backup at times, but the hotel had communicated this situation when I made the reservation. Already booked this same hotel for the next 3 visits to the area!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Karann P;

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place on your recent trip to the area. After reading your comments, I am pleased to see that our team was able to provide exceptional service throughout your stay. I see that you visited the area due to a planned visit to the University of Pittsburgh; we hope you enjoyed your visit and we wish your daughter well in their decision to becoming a PITT panther. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience created by the elevator upgrades we were conducting at that time. I am very happy to announce that we have 100% completed the upgrades and are back to regular operation.

Thank you for your time as well as feedback on your experience. We hope to see you again in the near future!