“Very caring staff, great location!”

Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place
Ranked #19 of 74 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We stayed 2 nights, for our daughter's graduation from Point Park University. Every one of the staff were great! There were loads of great restaurants within walking distance, and it was convenient to the expressway entrances/exits. The price for the 2 nights' stay, including valet parking, was good when compared to several others in the downtown Pittsburgh area. We ate at the restaurant for dinner one night, and the variety and quality of the food was excellent, in addition to the service. I was not a fan of the dial-a-firmness beds, but the rest of my family slept well in them.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear mhenry59;

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place on your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to see that you were very pleased with your overall experience, and that our location to many area businesses, restaurants and shops were a convenient amenity during your stay. I do apologize for the issues you encountered with the Garden Sleep System bedding package we offer; however, am very pleased to see that we met your overall expectations.

Thank you again for your feedback, and for your business. I hope to see you again on your next trip to the Pittsburgh/Oakland area!

Yours in Hospitality,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,108)

997 - 1,003 of 1,108 reviews

Reviewed May 6, 2013

The staff at the Pittsburgh Med Ctr Garden Inn hotel has gone all out to make my stay here as comfortable as it could have ever been. The quiet and clean room felt rewarding after a long workday; a varied breakfast menu with some of the healthiest choices, was also refreshing and uplifting. Needless to say, I am coming back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thank you very much for providing feedback regarding your current visit to the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. We strive to be the best at what we do and I am very happy to hear that your overall experience was a positive one. We love to hear that you will be returning to our property.. If there is anything at all we can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me at any time.

Yours truly in hospitality,

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for a weekend in order to visit PITT. The hotel is easy to find and the staff was welcoming and helpful. Beds were firm as mentioned above, but not nearly as bad as indicated by others. Room wasn't overly large but certainly big enough. There was maintenance being done on the one of the elevators which caused a bit of a backup at times, but the hotel had communicated this situation when I made the reservation. Already booked this same hotel for the next 3 visits to the area!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Karann P;

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place on your recent trip to the area. After reading your comments, I am pleased to see that our team was able to provide exceptional service throughout your stay. I see that you visited the area due to a planned visit to the University of Pittsburgh; we hope you enjoyed your visit and we wish your daughter well in their decision to becoming a PITT panther. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience created by the elevator upgrades we were conducting at that time. I am very happy to announce that we have 100% completed the upgrades and are back to regular operation.

Thank you for your time as well as feedback on your experience. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Please stay here. Treated us better than a 5 star Hotel. They cared for our children who were in town for medical reasons, like family. We were so happy to be booked at this hotel and will request them every year!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Lisa Ann T:

First and foremost I would like to personally thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to the Pittsburgh/Oakland area. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place we pride ourselves on delivering a true “Home away from Home” hospitable experience and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Second time I've stayed there - the staff is great, and the rooms are very nice. The location is unbeatable if you are visiting the University if Pittsburgh. The must use valet parking is a little annoying but the staff there do a great job as well even if they do seem to be very busy....

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Helene R:

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. I wanted to personally thank you for sharing feedback on your experience. Our team takes great pride in making sure we offer a wonderful experience to all of our guests. I am very pleased to hear that you were satisfied with your trip and that the location was a great fit. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Yours in hospitality,

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel gave us a remarkably good rate with a US government ID and is just a quick walk to both University of Pittsburgh and Carnegie Mellon University campuses. The accommodations are lovely and a calm respite from the street below. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place on your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to see that you were very pleased with your overall experience, and that our location to many area universities, businesses, restaurants and shops were a convenient amenity during your stay.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have stayed here for over 4 years from when it was a Wyndham. The old hotel was going downhill fast. The new Hilton is much improved, updated, clean and comfortable. Although the adjustable bed does not adjust. Bring back a good mattress please. Location is great and although some complain bout valet parking, we find it very convenient, just leave your car on the ramp. Valet staff is very nice, as is all front desk staff. Of all hotels in the Oakland area this is the choice!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to share information regarding your experience here at the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place. Although I am very glad to hear that you were pleased with the service received from our staff, I must apologize for the issues you encountered with the current Garden Sleep System Bedding package. I am very glad to hear that you have been a loyal guest to our property and are very pleased with the renovations we completed.

Once again, I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered and also to thank you for bringing these items to my attention in order to ensure we can make the necessary changes. If there is anything at all that I can assist with for any future visits please do not hesitate to contact me at sean.groth@hilton.com

Thank you and have a wonderful day!