“Great location and very friendly staff”

Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place
Ranked #18 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed one night for an early meeting at Carnegie Mellon. The room was great - 1 king bed, non-smoking on the top floor. The hotel only had one working elevator, but really had no issues. Ordered room service - which was great! The food was hot and very good. Had breakfast and what I really enjoyed is that even though it was a buffet, you could order an omelet, pancakes, waffles, etc. I decided to order the pancakes, and they were excellent! The wait staff was very attentive and very nice. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel for business.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear Susie6505,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place on your recent trip to the area. I am pleased to see our team was able to provide the service you deserve during your time with us. Our goal is to exceed expectations each and every time one of our valued guests selects our property. Business travel can be strenuous and impersonal, our property takes pride in delivering first class customer service to make time away from home the best experience possible. We will look forward to seeing you again on your next business trip to the Pittsburgh/Oakland area. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your next trip extraordinary!

Yours in Hospitality,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place

Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn has a friendly atmosphere and was in a great location. It was close to the university and also offered a shuttle to the downtown Pittsburgh area, which was very convenient. The rooms were cozy with up to date furnishings, a flat screen TV, mini fridge, complimentary internet access and comfy bedding. The bed was even more comfortable then my bed at home!

There were a ton of nearby attractions including museums, universities and parks. There were a number of nearby dining options as well as an on-site restaurant. The restaurant served breakfast, lunch and dinner and the lounge/bar stayed open for late night drinks. The breakfast menu was delicious with tons of buffet options and cooked to order service. It was quick, easy and convenient.

The staff was friendly and I was pleasantly surprised at how great the hotel was. It was in a convenient location, offered great accommodations and provided a warm and friendly atmosphere for guests. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking for accommodations in Pittsburgh and would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean G, Assistant General Manger at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

I would like to personally thank you for staying with us and for the feedback you provided regarding yours stay. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed all amenities in the hotel throghout your stay. We take our comments very seriously and I assure your positive feedback will be shared with all team members and management staff.

Because travel is very important, we try very hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel and we are very happy that you enjoyed your overall experience. If there is anything at all that I can assist with any future visits please feel free to contact me directly at sean.groth@hilton.com. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The hotel lobby provides an inviting atmosphere and is dramatically different than the previous Wyndham hotel. The recently rennovated rooms are smartly decorated and laid out for both leisure or business travel. The breakfast buffet / omelets were close to a resort hotel offering, yet a good value. The staff from the front desk to the bar to the breakfast were very pleasant and helpful and made you feel welcome.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback you provided regarding yours stay. We take our comments very seriously and I assure your positive feedback will be shared with all team members and management staff. Because travel is very important, we try very hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel and we are very happy that you enjoyed your overall experience. If there is anything at all that I can assist with any future visits please feel free to contact me directly at sean.groth@hilton.com.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Great rooms, clean and quiet, nice employees, We had a very nice experience. It was in a good spot to visit Carnegie Mellon University. The valet parking was very good. Good restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed there to be close to University of Pittsburgh.
Room was nice. Breakfast was very good. A little expensive but can't beat walking down from the room and getting a good breakfast. Buffet is all you can eat and the eggs and bacon are good (which is odd when you go to an all you can eat buffet). Fruit was fresh. Omelet station good.
Service was fast and good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I will be sure to share your positive feedback with our F&B team and department heads. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the convenience of the Garden Grill & Bar and that the fresh breakfast was more than you expected. We are very happy to have met your overall expectations and look forward to seeing you in the future.

If there is anything at all I may assist with during any future stays/visits to please do not hesitate to contact me at any time at sean.groth@hilton.com.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I travel regularly for my job. I stay in tons of hotels every year. All I want out of a hotel is friendly and helpful staff, a clean room, decent room service and good internet connection (as I'm there on business). This hotel provides all of that. It is not a 5-star palace (I've stayed on some of those), but it gives you everything that you need for an enjoyable stay. I like the location because it's close to UPitt/UPMC, and the shuttle bus is helpful for getting to and from local spots. I also like the fitness room at this hotel. The staff is the best thing--they are very nice and very helpful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed here just for a night to move my daughter back to school. The location is convient for us. Room was small, but fine for what we needed. There is a parking garage across the street, this is much more reasonable than parking at the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank tweetMaryland
Sean G, Assistant General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Pittsburgh University Place, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused by the size of your guest room. Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are very happy to have met your overall expectations and look forward to seeing you in the future.

If there is anything at all I may assist with during any future stays/visits to the University of Pittsburgh campus, please do not hesitate to contact me at any time at sean.groth@hilton.com.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your feedback.