“Standard Fare...............”

Pittsburgh Marriott City Center
Ranked #17 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Visited Pittsburgh for 3 days due to a business conference. Normally stay at The Fairmont but was completely booked during necessary dates. Check in was asked if I was traveling alone or needed 2 keys. Thought that strange responded that it was just myself. Had a room on the 12 floor was given room with 2 beds. Amy the manager who checked me in knew I was solo yet gave me a room with 2 beds. :-( I called down and bellman brought new key for king room next door
No apology from front desk manager. As a matter of fact, when final bill came my room rate had been changed by an additional 30 dollars per night. Upon check out I requested to speak with Amy she came out I disputed charges and luckily had my original reservation confirmation. Amy replied. Well when you checked in you said you booked with the AAA rate that rate changes. Totally unprofessional in my estimation. Friendliest encounters were from the bellman and the valet parking crew-----management needs better training. Room was clean and bed was comfortable
Food was acceptable. Will not return to this property

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank missybrown
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for commenting on your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was not exceptional and that the staff played a key role in this. I can assure you that customer service is our number one priority and this situation was absolutely an exception and not the rule of service we provide.
I have looked into this situation and will be addressing this issue with the associates so they are aware of these errors and the proper way of treating our guests.
I hope that when in Pittsburgh again we will have you as our guest to show you our true ability to take care of our guests.
I hope you have an amazing holiday season and a brilliant day!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We recently stayed at the Marriott City Center. It was great. Would have given it 5 stars but we were supposed to have a room with two double beds, but they gave us a King Size Bed and a sleeper sofa couch. Everything was great, except for the sleeper sofa. The bathroom is a little small, but really how much time are you in there. The staff was all very wonderful friendly and polite. The restaurant was good, we had breakfast there. The bar and staff were wonderful. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sherbert32
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Thank you for taking time from your day to write about your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time but I am sorry that your stay was not perfect due to the sofa. I hope that the next time you come to see the Steelers win we will have you as our guest!

Have a wonderful day and a brilliant holiday season!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I visited with friends for a weekend in Iron City, The locale is convenient and across the street from the Consol Energy center (note that the restaurant and bar can be jammed if there is an event going on at the Center, so look ahead!)
The staff is amazingly friendly, In room high speed internet is free but you will pay for everything else (parking, breakfast, etc).
The rooms are clean and comfortable and everyone at the Marriott go out of there way to make your stay pleasant. Not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for taking time and writing a review about your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time and I hope that we will see you again very soon.
I hope you have a brilliant day and an amazing holiday season!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The room was clean and huge, which made it easy for me to use a massage table on this business trip. Bathroom was teeny-tiny. Bed was fairly comfortable. Staff wasn't overly friendly but they served their purpose. Noticed when I asked for an extra room key upon returning from dinner, I was not asked for my ID, which I found a bit strange. I REALLY hope that was an oversight by the "Front Desk Manager" that gave it to me.
Overall, decent hotel

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for writing about your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am sorry to hear that your time with us was not exceptional and that our staff did not make you feel as though they are beyond happy to have you with us. I will be looking into this situation as customer service is our number one priority. In addition, guest safety is beyond important to us and asking a guest for ID when issuing a key is absolutely necessary at all times. I will be speaking with all of the staff including the manager to ensure they understand why. I can assure you that this situation is absolutely an exception and not the rule of service/security we provide to our guests.
I hope that we will have you as our guest again so we can show you our true customer service.
I hope you have an amazing day!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Fairly priced with good service..parking is a bit of an issue with the extra charges.....we stayed here 5 times from 2008-2012.....no free buffet breakfast with your stay, which is a turnoff in my humble opinion....rooms are clean and fairly sized...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for writing about your stays here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center and thank you for continuing to be a loyal Pittsburgh Marriott City Center guest! I am happy to hear that your time with us continues to bring you back but I am sorry about the issues you have with the parking and breakfast. I hope that even with these small issues we will have you as our guest again! I hope you have an amazing holiday season and a brilliant day!

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed at the Marriott last week. Staff was very nice, even played a joke on me. Had a rough day, flat tire on the way to the airport, missed my flight, flew standby and finally made it into Pittsburgh. Coworkers told the front desk of my day and they all informed me at check-in that I did not have a reservation...well, they were playing a joke, they had my reservation and even offered to upgrade my room at no charge because of the trying day I had experienced. THAT is why I am a loyal Marriott Rewards member and always stay at Marriott properties. It is nice to see companies who don't take themselves too serious, can still put the customer first and even play along on a practical joke no and then. FYI...first time to Pittsburgh, very nice downtown!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Carl P

Thank you for taking time and writing about your stay as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so happy to hear that after a trying day you were able to come to our hotel and feel relaxed and comfortable, even after our prank! I hope that the next time you come to Pittsburgh it is less eventful and that we will see you again.
Have a brilliant day!

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Hotel was nice clean and friendly staff. Walking to distance to Consol Energy Center as we went to the Josh Groban concern.

I left my (expensive) hairbrush in the room. When I called the manager was very kind and mailed to my home the next day.

Have stayed in this hotel before and will again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thanks for taking time and writing about your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center.
I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time as our guest and that we will see you again the next time you are in the city! I hope your day is wonderful!