“Great Stay Everytime”

Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Altoona, Pennsylvania
“Great Stay Everytime”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I travel to Pittsburgh often on business and for pleasure I.E. concerts, hockey games other sporting events and stay almost exclusively at the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center. If you are going to a concert or hockey game or other event at the Consol Energy Center it is the place to be. Full of action on the night of the event and a quick walk from the Energy Center. Valet Parking is the way to go at this hotel and the Staff is extremely polite and helpful. The Hotel is very nice some recent lobby and room upgrades done and clearly does the Marriott name Proud. The Bar and Restaurant are nice and convenient but if know Pittsburgh just a short cab ride or marriott shuttle away from all the fine dining you need. Cab rides to casino or the baseball field or Football stadium not much at all of course depending on traffic and it is walking distance to all the major buisness in the Grant Street area. All in all a great hotel which provides a great stay everytime. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Steve P
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
I am so happy to hear that time and again you have made the choice to stay with us here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. It was very kind of you to write such a detailed review about our hotel. I hope that we see you as our guest again in the very near future! Have a wonderful day!!

Marriott Pittsburgh City Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Highland, Michigan
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Although the rooms themselves are pretty average, and the bathrooms are pretty small, the service at this hotel is what sets it apart. From the time we arrived, every member of the staff went out of their way to help us. Even the bellman who was assisting another couple in the elevator said hello and welcomed us to the hotel. Plus, this hotel is in the perfect location for events at the Consol Energy Center. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emily F
Thank you for taking time and writing about your stay as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. It is great to hear that the staff made your stay with us exceptional! I am hoping that we will see you again very soon! Have an amazing day!

Burlington, Canada
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We booked 3 rooms in the Marriott City Center for a 3 day weekend in September for a football game. I had booked 3 rooms online and I was very pleased upon our arrival. The lobby is busy but check in was very friendly and fast. We used the valet service for our car which was convenient and easy. Our car was always available when we needed it with little to no wait. We were given 3 rooms on the same floor. We had asked if t was possible to upgrade to a suite and they were very accommodating. The rooms were very clean and spacious and seemed to be newly renovated. One thing I love about the Marriott Hotels (and the reason I stay at one if possible) is for the beds. They are always comfortable, clean and cozy. Each room had a mini fridge which was great. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and accommodating as well.
We had drinks in the lobby bar which was hopping most of the time. Service was friendly and fast. We did eat one meal there and it was plentiful and fresh. We also ordered room service which took a while to arrive and they forgot a few items but it was good none the less.
We were able to walk everywhere which was nice. Pittsburgh is an excellent place to be on foot. We made our way to Carson Street which is lined with restaurants and bars. Right outside the hotel is a free subway down to Heinz Field and the baseball field. It is also right across the street from Consol Centre. Getting a cab in Pittsburgh is not easy but it is really walkable.
I would recommend this hotel completely. It had a great view of the city and it was a fun place to be.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank OnTheRoadAgain328
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time and writing so much information on the hotel and the city of Pittsburgh. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time as our guest and as a tourist of our great city!
I am sorry to hear that there were a few issues with your room service order, I will be passing this information on to the food and beverage managers so they are aware that we made errors and we will use this information to improve ourselves for the future, thank you for letting us know.
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and we hope that we will have you as our guest again soon. I hope you have a great day and enjoy this wonderful fall season!

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed here for two nights on a business trip to Pittsburgh and found it suited my purposes very well. The staff were all very eager to help with even the smallest request- welcoming, attentive and pleasant.

The room was on a high floor and was furnished to the style and standards that typify the Marriott brand: very comfortable bed (actually more of a comfy cocoon than a bed), high speed WiFi internet connection (free to Gold Elite members) etc.. etc.. The bathroom was on the small side and the shower not as powerful as I would have liked, but otherwise perfectly functional.

The hotel has an Executive Lounge for holders of relevant status, where the breakfast was perfectly good with a mix of hot and cold foods. It was comfortable, but very busy, indicating that this hotel is a particular favourite with business travellers. A disappointment was the hotel's decision to use paper cups and plastic glasses here instead of the more usually found china and glass. I also did not appreciate the use of Starbucks coffee flasks as opposed to bean to cup coffee machines which is what I am used to finding in the executive lounges- the coffee was bland and tasteless.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Adriano H
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time and commenting on your stay with us here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so happy to hear that your time here was enjoyable.
I will be taking your comments about the coffee and cups to the Food and Beverage managers so they can look at this and use it to improve for our future.
I hope that we see you as our guest again in the near future. I hope you have a wonderful day!

Liberty, Missouri
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I'm writing as I'm currently checked into the hotel for my third week! While I expect quality at the Marriott, the staff here truly go above and beyond.

I have stayed her twice this month prior to this visit. The rooms are well appointed,beds are very very comfy. Only slight negative are the bathrooms are a bit small but it is clean and even though small has everything you need. The STAFF are wonderful! They're friendly and extremely helpful from the front desk staff to the Concierge lounge. It is near the Consol Energy Center for those going to activites there.
I truly enjoy the experience!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 'garden' side tend me quieter.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Clara S
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
I am so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stays here with us at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. Thank you for taking time to comment about your time as our guest. I hope that you will be in Pittsburgh soon and we will see you again! Have a wonderful day!

NEW JERSEY
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center for 1 night because I was going to see the Lion King at the Benedum Theatre . I truly love this place. The lobby is very elegant. I did the mobile check in the day before on my phone told them I was going to be there at 12:30. I received an alert while on the plane on my phone at 11:00 am that my room was ready. When I arrived I told her I did mobile check in and she just went to a basket got my key and asked if I wanted to charge cc on file and I was off to my room. She gave me a short tour. They do have a shuttle that would pick you up and take you wherever you want to go in the downtown area. The shuttle does not pick you up from the airport. I learned that the hard way. I called the day before and they told me they do offer shuttle from airport when I arrived and called shuttle he said no only around the downtown area so I used Super Shuttle at the airport which was around 50 for round trip service plus tip. The bellmen are excellent also and will hail you a cab . A cab ride is like 4 bucks to the theatre. I didn't want to wait for the shuttle because I couldn't be late for the show. After the show I had dinner out and then called the shuttle to pick me up he was there in 5 mins. I went to the bar area and had a glass of wine and ordered desert to take to my room. They do have a restaurant onsite. The bartender was nice and accommodating to everyone. The room was set up like all Marriott chains but had nice art on the wall. The bed was very plush. I was on the 17th floor with a nice view of the city. All in all I would most def recommend this place if staying in Pittsburg.

Room Tip: Stay on a high floor with a view of the city.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Caribbeantravelqueen
Thank you for taking the time and commenting on your recent stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very thankful for the detailed information you shared. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time as our guest and we hope that we will see you again very soon. Have a great day!

Long Island, New York
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with a few guys as part of Steelers football weekend. Hotel was very clean, staff very friendly. Bar & restaurant seemed clean and very busy. Location seemed a bit far from most of the sporting venues other than the Consol Energy Center which was next door. All in all seemed a bit expensive but I guess it was a weekend during Steelers & Pirates games so rooms are at a premium!

• Stayed September 2013
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I appreciate the feedback you have given us and our future guests. Although it is true that we are not right next door to the football or baseball stadiums we are lucky that there is a T stop just at the bottom of our hill that takes guests right to these locations!
We hope to see you again very soon! Have a wonderful day!!