“Great Location!”

Ranked #15 of 70 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Location!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were here for a long holiday weekend. This hotel has a great location with nice views of the river. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. We were able to walk to all of the places we wanted to visit in and around Pittsburgh. Stay here for a very enjoyable visit to this city.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank D Keith A
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for commenting about your recent stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time as our guest. We hope to see you here again very soon! Have a great day!

Marriott Pittsburgh City Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Washington, DC
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I had a very mixed experienced at this hotel in late Aug. 2013 on vacation for two nights. Overall, it was one of the worst full-service Marriott's I stayed in and I'm a Platinum member. The housekeeping was terrible--bathroom wasn't fully cleaned, I had to have them replace sheets because they weren't clean (first time I've ever had to ask for that)--the carpeting made the room look old and drab even though it was just renovated two years ago, the room was small, and they forget my wake-up call, and the bed wasn't up to Marriott snuff. On the positive side, the front desk folks tried their best and were very receptive and apologetic when I raised the above and tried to make up for it. The location is pretty good for downtown but there are certainly closer options, and it wasn't expensive. The management means well but the execution is poor. Marriott needs to improve their quality control. Next time in Pittsburgh I will most likely try another hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank McGee_7
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I wanted to write to apologize that your stay with us was less than perfect and to let you know that we are in the process of investigating all of the issues that you faced while staying as our guest.
I can assure you that these issues are exceptions and absolutely not the rule of service we provide and I am truly sorry you had a poor experience.
I hope that the next time you visit Pittsburgh we can have you as our guest again so we can show you a perfect stay. If there is anything at all that I can do for you please do not hesitate to contact me so I can take care of it for you. I hope you have a fantastic day.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel is located at the downtown core next to the CONSOL Energy Center. Our hotel room on the 10/F was spacious, quiet and clean. The lobby on the ground floor is nice and clean as well.

But what makes this hotel outstanding is not the above but its services! I have been traveling for years now and I think this hotel has one of the best services experience (in N America) so far. All staffs are very friendly and helpful.

On the first evening when we first arrived, I wasn't planning to park right at the front door (because I usually hate the looks of the front door men if you are not going for valet parking). But for this hotel, the parking person was so nice that even I turned down for the valet parking, he would still offer us to park at the front door (so one of my kids can stay in the car with my wife while I check-in quickly). This subtle gesture really makes a very positive difference. And afterward, I tried to talk to different door men, each of them would offer very positive experience, either by providing directions/suggestions patiently or even a simple "good morning/evening".

The front desk was so helpful and polite as well. During check-in, they did offer my son an apple. Once again, this type of services really makes family like us to feel so welcome.

During our stay (3 nights), we were also benefited from their shuttle services a lot. The drivers were also very good and you feel happy to tip them.

In terms of the restaurant, we had a chance to spend a dinner there as well. It was not a busy restaurant but the quality of food was superb! The kids menu provides variety of choices and my kids loved them. The meal was perfect and even the chef would come out and greet you.

The hotel structure and rooms are just a typical Marriott-style. But all I really enjoyed the most during the stay is really its services. All staffs in this hotel are really well trained and we all had a terrific experience in this hotel. Thumbs up for its services and please continue to do well!

Oh one down side about this hotel: parking is $18/day and if you want multiple entries, it would be $22/day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SaugaBuds
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking time to write such a detailed review of our hotel. We here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center take great pride in our hotel and our customer service. I am so happy to hear that you were able to experience this and then shared your experience with others.
I hope that we see you again the next time you return to Pittsburgh. Have a wonderful day and a great fall season!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We only stayed one night and there was a football game so we knew it woud be busy but you wouldn't have noticed. We were able to check in early and the reception were always very happy to assist with no waiting in line. The hotel had a nice welcoming feel and we would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SarahSaunders_Toronto
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay with us here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. It is great to hear that you were able to get into your room early and that the staff was accommodating and friendly. We hope that the next time you are in the city we will have you as our guest. Have a wonderful day!

Miami
Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel is right smack in the middle of Pittsburgh with great views of the rivers and skyline. Very friendly staff and very nice room. Only knock is that the bathrooms are kind of small. However, I truly recommend this hotel for both business and families.

Room Tip: High floor facing the rivers
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for writing about your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very happy to hear that you had a great time while staying with us! We hope to see you again very soon. Have a wonderful day!

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I shopped for a 3.5-4 star through Priceline and got a room at the Marriott City Center. We spent a Friday night at the hotel, taking the train to see the Pirates Friday night and taking in the sights along the waterfront on Saturday. The staff was very friendly, taking time to offer directions and insights. The location was good for a Pirates gm or a Steelers gm, though you will need to ride the T to get there. If you are taking in a Pens gm, it is a great location. The room was clean but the bathroom was pretty small and the bath/shower fixtures were a little dated as well. We also needed to put a shoulder into the door to get it open.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the interactions that you had with our staff, we take great pride in our customer service and I am glad you were able to experience this. I am sorry to hear that the room/bathroom was not up to par. We will be taking these comments and using them for improvement for our future, thank you for making them. We hope that when in Pittsburgh again we will have you as our guest. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We were a family of 4 who stayed at the Pittsburgh City Center Marriott for one evening. It was a convenient location to visit various attractions though you do have to drive to most of them. The only exceptions are the concert arena across the street or Duquense University. The hotel lobby was very pleasant and they served some refreshing fruit infused water that was a really nice touch. The rooms were clean and comfortable. it has coffee service and a refrigerator. The only drawback was the small size of the bathroom.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking time and commenting on your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very happy that you enjoyed your time with us! I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed the fruit infused water, this is new for us and we were hoping our guests were enjoying it! Thank you for your feedback. We hope to see you again very soon! Have a great day!