“Very Clean hotel with great service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pittsburgh Marriott City Center

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Pittsburgh Marriott City Center
Ranked #12 of 68 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Cleveland, Ohio
“Very Clean hotel with great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Marriot CITY CENTER in Pittsburgh was very clean, staff was very attentive and its close to many attractions. It looked like they just remodeled the hotel because the outside was nowhere near as nice as the inside. Especially our room. We stayed on the 14th floor. I always go and see the gym and the pool of every hotel I go to and this hotel's amenities were again very clean. The parking is easy and you may be able to leave the car in the hotel and use the shuttle service, depending where you going in the city. We left the car in garage overnight and use the shuttle. I did not order any room service but we went downstairs to the bar and had a drink and Veggie burger.

Pros: Location, Amenities, Staff, Shuttle service

Cons: The burger I ordered had no lettuce and tomato. And I did not complained to the staff about it because, if you forget that then I don't know what to tell you. Also the drinks we had in the Bar were weak, one of them tasted like sour mix without anything else.

The cons are NOT a big issue, I would recommend this hotel to my friends, and I would absolutely stay in this Mariott again in the future.

1 Thank Borec77
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thanks for taking time from your day to comment on your stay here at the City Center. I am glad to hear that you found the hotel clean and comfortable. I am sorry to hear that you had these minor issues with the lounge and I will be passing this on to our Director of Outlets so he can correct these issues.
I hope that the next time you are in Pittsburgh we will have you as our guest again. Hope you have a great day and a wonderful summer!

Marriott Pittsburgh City Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel was clean and the staff was attentive and friendly. There was no room-to-room noise, a few loud guests in the hallway at 2:30 a.m. were the only problem and the hotel can't control that. This hotel is a great location if you are attending events at the Consol Energy Center. Otherwise, I'd recommend another location. It is semi-convenient to downtown. There are no restaurants located nearby. The hotel restaurant prices are market-competitive for lunch and dinner, but breakfast is way overpriced; you are a trapped audience for breakfast and the price structure shows it, you would pay less in a restaurant in Manhattan. Parking is in an adjacent garage at $18 per night.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Andy5573
Thank you for commenting on your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time as our guest and I appreciate the information you have given our future guests.
I will be passing this information on to my Director of Operations so he can look at the pricing of our breakfast in comparison to others in our area.
I hope that we will see you again soon! Have a great summer!

Montoursville, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

It seems as if the Marriott City Center has become our new go-to hotel while visiting Pittsburgh! We have stayed here at least a half a dozen times in the past couple months while coming to see the Pens. The service we have received has been impeccable throughout the whole hotel, from the staff at the front desk to the staff in the restaurant and bar area. They have all gone above and beyond the call of duty when it comes to customer service. The best example was when the manager on duty during breakfast went to find my husband a certain flavor of yogurt he had during a previous visit! I must add that we are Marriott Rewards Members and recently obtained Platinum status-we have belonged to the program for the past 20 years and highly recommend it to all our friends and family.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you so much for commenting about your stays with us here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so happy to hear that you have come back as our guest many times and it sounds like we will see you again! Too bad the Pens didn't get the cup!
I am also very happy to hear the Ron, the morning restaurant manager, was able to show that we will do whatever it takes to help our guests stay be as close to perfect as possible.
See you soon and enjoy your summer!

East Lansing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our room was ready to go when we checked in around 3pm, the concierge gave us a parking pass so that we could park in the attached garage. The hotel lobby and rooms are much prettier and modern than the exterior of the hotel. Our room was very big, and clean.

The location of the hotel is great! You can walk to the river and many places to eat downtown. We hit up the hotel bar one evening, it was classy. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone looking to experience Pittsburgh.

1 Thank Erin28R
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time while staying as our guest. I also appreciate the information you have given to our future guests about the hotel and our city. I hope we see you again very soon. Have a great summer!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here before my wedding in August. It was nice. We had connected rooms and they were very convenient for our family. The rooms were clean, quiet and nice.

We did run into a problem. We arrived around 4:00 and had to wait at least an hour to check in. I believe check-in time is supposed to be 3:00... We waited for an hour, and then started pressing about check-in because we were going to have problems getting to the wedding rehearsal if we didn't get to check in. After a few more minutes we were able to go up to our room.

It is convenient having the bar/restaurant and Starbucks within the same building. The Starbucks is not open on Saturday at all. (They are not really affiliated with the hotel.) The bar/restaurant was enjoyable and a nice place for my family to have drinks between the ceremony and reception.

The wedding staff seemed very attentive. I have seen very positive reviews for weddings at this hotel, and would be inclined to believe them. It probably would have been a nice place to have our reception if we had not decided on another site earlier in the year.

The hotel stay was pretty expensive, and the group discount only helped so much... (There were other hotels in the area with a lower cost for groups.)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for commenting on your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I appreciate the feedback you have given to us and our future guests. I wanted to take a moment to apologize for the delay at check in. This is not typical and I will be looking into the reasons for this inconvenience.
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the bar/restaurant and the staff with the wedding. I did want to let you know that the Starbucks is a Marriott City Center facility and they are open on the weekends but do have limited hours. I apologize that these time restraints caused you to not be able to enjoy their services.
I hope that the next time you visit Pittsburgh we will have you as our guest again and this time we can show you a better experience. Have a great summer season and a wonderful day!

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Well Pittsburgh is a nice town full of concrete topped off by the Pirates who play in a fantastic park right on the river.
The Marrriott hotel is a very very average hotel although have some nice staff who try the best with what they have.
Day 1 booked into the hotel on a promised view type room and was provided a low floormroom that looked into another building. Comment was that Pittsburgh doesn't have many views anyway sir!!!
Went to room - found hair in the freshly made bed - it now appears that after sheets are washed that the laundromat has installed a pubic hair dispenser that inserts pubic hair into the freshly laundered sheets.
Day 2 - bathroom not cleaned - on the blower again to get the people back to clean. Light not working over the desk and chip packet found down behind bed. Had to jamb hand towel into duct on air conditioner to stop it vibrating
Day 3 - toiletries not replaced and had to resort to dragging sheets off the bed onto the ground so that they were changed
Message to people for the Longwall Conference Do Not Stay Here The Westin or Omni is much better
Club floor access is a joke. No free beverages of an afternoon- you fill in a chit for it to be charged to your room. Food was lukewarm and non-appetising appearing to be left over slop from downstairs and certainly not appealing
A bright side to staying here is the cheerful concierge team who go out of their way to help at any time of the day

Room Tip: Do not stay here Ask for a room on the high side with an air conditioner that works and does not wa...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank 373RESQ
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I wanted to take this opportunity to apologize for the many issues that you faced while staying as our guest. We will be looking into all of these issues immediately to ensure they do not occur in the future. I can assure you that this experience is an exception and not at all the rule of service we provide here at the City Center.
Again, I am truly sorry I hope that the next time you are in Pittsburgh you will let us know and give us another chance so we can show you our true abilities to take care of our guests. Have a wonderful day!

Doylestown,PA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is average - room was clean and updated. Bathroom is small. Air conditioning was not great. Somewhat humid in hall and room. We had temperature down to 60 and it was not cold.staff was friendly, especially waitress in bar area. Parking is $24 per night with in/out privileges. I would stay again only if I get a competitive rate.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DoylestownTraveler
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write about your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I wanted to take a moment to apologize for the issue that you had with the temperature in the hotel. I will be getting together with my Chief Engineer to look into this issue.
I am happy to hear that our staff was a reason for that you may return to our hotel and I hope that we see you again soon. Have a great day!