“Nice weekend stay”

Pittsburgh Marriott City Center
Ranked #17 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very nice property. We self-parked at adjacent parking garage, which was easy and saved us some money and time as we came and went quite a bit. Check in was fast and smooth. We checked in close to midnight and the desk attendant was so nice and very professional even at such a late time of day. Our room was immaculate and very comfortable and quiet. We were on the 19th floor and had a beautiful view of Duquesne campus. Our bed was very comfortable as were the pillows. The coffee maker in the room as well as the water bottles were much appreciated. There was one robe. The bathroom was well appointed and adequate as was the water pressure. We didn't eat at the restaurant or go to the bar as we had plans with family for all of our meals. We would stay at this property again without question.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thanks for the detailed information you provided on your review of the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very happy to hear that not only did you enjoy the accommodations at our hotel but that our associates also made it enjoyable. We take great pride in customer service and we are happy to hear that you experienced this. We cannot wait to see you again soon! Have a fantastic summer!

There are newer reviews for Pittsburgh Marriott City Center

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Great weekend but our Penguins hockey game was postponed due to the Boston game moving to the Saturday. Disappointed but certainly understand after the bombings at the marathon!
Lots of fun at the Pirates game. Finally after many trips to Pittsburgh we did the incline and had a wonderful dinner overlooking the city skyline. A must do.The hotel was gorgeous and in a terrific location to walk to ball ark and city square. Rooms were very comfortable and contemporary.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for commenting on your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am always happy to hear that our guests are enjoying their time not only in the hotel but also in this beautiful city! I hope that we see you again soon and this time you will be able to see a hockey game! Have a great summer!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed here for just one night as my daughter had an event at the Console Center. It's proximity from the hotel to the Center was perfect as I didn't want to get lost since I knew I'd be coming back late. I did NOT like the fact that you had to park across the street. Totally inconvenient as fas as I'm concerned. When I travel I'm looking for comfort, convenience and price. When I checked into the hotel it was 10:30 at night and the staff was scurrying to find rooms. They said the rooms had not been cleaned yet....at 10:30 P.M. I was amazed! i had to wait approximately 20 minutes for a room to come available but it was worth the wait. I requested a room overlooking the city and they complied. The room was modern, quiet and had all the conveniences I needed especially a comfortable bed. I don't know if would stay here again because of the parking, but I had a great night's sleep and a beautiful view.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for writing about your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am happy to hear that despite the issues that you faced you were able to enjoy our hotel. I am sorry, though that you had to wait for your room at 10:30 pm. I can assure you that this is not a normal practice here and I will be looking into why this may have happened. In addition, the parking that we recommend to our guests is right below the hotel and easily accessed through the hotel elevators. I will be researching why you were told differently.
I am happy to hear that these issues did not deter you from an enjoyable time but I will be addressing them to rectify for our future. I hope that we will see you again and this time we will direct you to the correct parking and ensure your room is ready at check in. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We had an amazing time and the staff at your Marriot was truly outstanding. They were extremely helpful and went out their way to make sure our stay was absolutely perfect. EVERYONE was very friendly. We can’t say enough good about it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. Our staff is truly committed to providing excellent customer service and I am happy to hear that you were able to experience this. Thank you for writing about your awesome stay. We hope to see you again very soon. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while traveling on business to a convention being held at the location. When I arrived there were staff ready to greet me, take my car and luggage, and direct me to the check-in desk. Check-in was quick and the staff were friendly and helpful. The porter was very knowledgeable about the area and offered advice on what to do/see/eat. The restaurant on site was very expensive and not very good, however the property is in a nice location with outside restaurants nearby. All-in-all a nice stay at a typical business type hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Thank you for staying as our guest here at the Marriott City Center while in Pittsburgh and thank you for commenting on your time with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable but I am sorry to hear that you did not like the restaurant. I will be passing this information to the managers so they can use it to improve for the future. Hope to see you again soon! Have a great day!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have never reviewed on trip advisor before, but felt the need after the extraordinary service I have experience the last 2 days. Me and my wife decided to stop in Pittsburgh on our way to Washington DC to break up the long drive from Chicago due to our 3 month old daughter. Let me say that the service in this hotel is top notch. We encountered the bell captain Brad who was very knowledgeable regrading the area and told up exactly what we needed to do in order to navigate the city. On one occasion I asked the front desk manager where I could find some dish soap to wash out my daughters bottles and Brad quickly stepped in and offered to run across the street to get some on my behalf. I cannot say enough about Brad and the Staff here at the Marriott. Take it from me, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Thanks for writing your first review on Trip advisor about our hotel, the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so happy to hear that your experience here prompted you to share your thoughts with future travelers. I am also happy that our staff, especially Brad, was kind and helpful to you and your family. We cannot wait to see you again soon! Have a great spring/summer!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very nice, clean, great service, great location.
If I had to say something negative it would be small (but beautiful) bathroom and no continental breakfast.
We used the gym and pool and they were clean and well equipped.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for writing about your time as our guest here at the City Center. I am glad that you enjoyed your time here and that you were able to enjoy our gym and pool! We hope to see you again soon! Have a nice day!