All reviewssteelheadthe concierge loungeacross the streetduquesne universitypenguins gameplatinum memberhockey arenaparking garagefront desk staffhotel roomhotel barbusiness tripsized bedfitness centerself parkmini fridgeking room
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our family of about 17 people stayed there for Graduation and the staff was excellent!! After graduation we missed our reservations at another restaurant and the Marriott set us up in a private room, served us a wonderful meal and catered to the kids. We tip our hats off to Danielle S. our waitress. I am not sure we have ever had a waitress so helpful, attentive and accommodating as her and the rest of the staff that took care of us in such a pinch, the food was wonderful, we all slept great, and the rooms were beautiful and clean. We were in walking distance of Duquesne University which is where graduation was and it was complete with a parking garage so we did not need to worry about our vehicles. Everyone in our group agreed all of the conveniences were worth the money and we would book there again!!

Room Tip: If booking for a group ask them if the rooms can be together or on the same floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Thank you for writing about your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so happy to hear that you had a wonderful time while you were our guest. I am also happy to hear that it was our staff that made your stay great! I will be passing this information on to Danielle and her managers so they are aware of the great service she provided. We hope to see you again very soon. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Our stay started rough when we didn't see the Marriott sign when we turned the corner, but we eventually found it. The entry and foyer were clean and well maintained. Don't fault the hotel for the poor performance of the valets--they are contracted by the owners of the building. We were greeted by a professional and gracious man who discounted our parking because of the poor valet service. The room was clean; there were plenty of lights and outlets. Our room on the 17th floor overlooked a green area among all the highrises. I took away one star because the beds and pillows were not as comfortable as we like them. The great advantage of staying here: walking to our concert at Consol Energy Center by just crossing the street. The downstairs was very high energy because people came in for drinks or dinner before the concert. The staff--both at the front desk and who cleaned our room--were kind and thoughtful. Kudos for Marriott for finally making the wi-fi free.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 1724 and it was on the quieter side, but they do not go by odd and even sides at this hotel. This is the best hotel for attending events at the Consol Energy Center.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Thank you for commenting on your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I appreciate the time you took to educate our future guests on our hotel.
I wanted to take a moment to apologize for the issues that you had not only with finding the hotel but especially with the valet associates. Although they are not employed by the Marriott, they still represent us and we will be discussing these events with their management staff.
I am happy to hear that despite these issues you were able to enjoy your time as our guest. I hope that we will see you again soon! Have a great day!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Nothing standout about this Marriott, but no large faults, either. I was met by the manager who escorted me to the elevator as he told me about the facility. Perfectly serviceable Marriott not far from the train station. It is across from the arena so on game nights the place will be crowded with folks who come for the nosh and a parking spot. The concierge lounge gets crowded and does run out of food at least on those game nights. Temperature control in the room works well enough, a significant issue in those large hotels. Can't for the restaurant downstairs.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a quiet visit, you might want to avoid game nights. If you're there for a game at the Consol Energy Center, this is the place. Near the train station, too.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking time from your day to comment on your stay here at the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center. I am sorry to hear that your time with us was nothing more than a typical stay; we want all of our guests to feel as if we are their home away from home. I hope we will have you as our guest the next time you are in Pittsburgh! Have a great day!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Located an easy 10 minutes from the Pitt campus, this Marriott was great. Of course, room rates will vary, but the down side is the always present $22/day parking ($26/day - valet) and of course the $25/day added taxes. So, even a $180.00 double room ends up at $230.

The pro's are:

Nice, comfortable rooms (small baths).
In room amenities - coffee/tea maker, frig, blow dryer, shampoo
Pool and fitness center
Nice Restaurant and Lounge - with good food, good service and good drinks
Helpful and Friendly Staff
Good Location

The con's were:

Our air conditioner did not work - but they were quick to give us a fan
The hotel is surrounded by roads, so be careful of your room placement if you're a light sleeper;
although we heard no street noise on the 15th floor over the weekend days
It is across from the Consol Center so it can be quite busy at concert/sports time

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I appreciate the detailed information you provided to our future guests. I wanted to take this time to apologize for the issues that you had with the air conditioning but I am glad to hear we were able to resolve this issue while you were here. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time as our guest and hope we have you stay with us again soon. Have a great spring and a great day!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We spent three nights here recently. Our room was very clean with comfortable beds. We loved the fitness center and pool. The costs to use the parking deck proved to be the only down-side to our stay: it was expensive at $20 a day!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am glad to hear that the hotel was clean, safe, and worked well for your reasons for traveling. I hope that we will see you again soon!!

Have a great day!