All reviewssteelheadthe concierge loungeacross the streetduquesne universitypenguins gameplatinum memberhockey arenaparking garagefront desk staffhotel roomhotel barbusiness tripsized bedfitness centerself parkmini fridgeking room
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We spent three nights here recently. Our room was very clean with comfortable beds. We loved the fitness center and pool. The costs to use the parking deck proved to be the only down-side to our stay: it was expensive at $20 a day!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am glad to hear that the hotel was clean, safe, and worked well for your reasons for traveling. I hope that we will see you again soon!!

Have a great day!

Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a Thursday night and thought the hotel was pretty nice. I am silver status and was disappointed that I was in a room right next to the elevator. The room was pretty good sized for being downtown. The worst part was the elevator rides themselves. They were slow, packed and stopped on every floor. Other than that, I would probably stay at this hotel again if a comparable Hilton was not available in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Cody T
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Thank you for commenting on your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am happy to hear that you thought of your stay as nice and that the rooms were a good size for a downtown property. I am sorry though that you had difficulty with the elevators. We did have a large amount of guests in house due to a group arrival, I am sorry about this inconvenience. I hope that the next time you are in the city we will see you again. Have a great day!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

The outdated rooms are finally gone. Silver status has come to mean nothing here however. Room booked well in advance with request away from elevator. I end up directly by the elevator for a weeks stay. Concierge access is now for gold members only. Front desk barely acknowledged I was checking in. They could learn a thing or two from the Holiday Inn Express in DuBois on how they treat their Priority Club members. Or simply look across the river at the other Marriott property, Residence Inn for a really great stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank NYChristopherL
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for commenting on your stay here at the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center. I wanted to take this time to apologize that your stay with us was not up to the level of service we normally provide. I will be speaking with the associates that you encountered to ensure they are aware of their lack of customer service. I can assure you this is very much an exception and not at all the rule of service we provide to our guests. I am also very sorry that you did not receive the kind of acknowledgment that you deserve as a Marriott Rewards Silver member. We are grateful for your business.
I hope that when in Pittsburgh again you will give us another chance to prove our true customer service skills. I hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very nicely located and very comfortable hotel. The check-in went really quick and we had the room early afternoon. Thanks to my platinum status we were upgraded to a junior suite so the room was quite big which was really nice since our son was sleeeping in a roller bed.
The downside of the hotel is during hockey events when the lobby is full of people drinking beer (which was the case on April 13) because the hockey stadium is accross the street.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

I appreciate the time you have taken to write a review for us here on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that your time as our guest here at the City Center was enjoyable! It is true that our hotel can get busy due to events across the street and we do everything we can to make our guests as comfortable as possible in these situations.
We hope to see you again in the near future, thanks again for your comments! Happy spring and have a great day!!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great all around, including extremely helpful and responsive staff. Room was very comfortable, even though the bathroom was smaller than in some other comparable hotels. Meeting rooms were great. Pleasant lobby, bar, and restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank travalgal18
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

I wanted to thank you for your kind comments about your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time as our guest! We hope to see you again very soon! Have a wonderful day and happy spring!