All reviewssteelheadthe concierge loungeacross the streetduquesne universitypenguins gameplatinum memberhockey arenaparking garagefront desk staffhotel roomhotel barbusiness tripsized bedfitness centerself parkmini fridgeking room
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The outdated rooms are finally gone. Silver status has come to mean nothing here however. Room booked well in advance with request away from elevator. I end up directly by the elevator for a weeks stay. Concierge access is now for gold members only. Front desk barely acknowledged I was checking in. They could learn a thing or two from the Holiday Inn Express in DuBois on how they treat their Priority Club members. Or simply look across the river at the other Marriott property, Residence Inn for a really great stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank NYChristopherL
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for commenting on your stay here at the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center. I wanted to take this time to apologize that your stay with us was not up to the level of service we normally provide. I will be speaking with the associates that you encountered to ensure they are aware of their lack of customer service. I can assure you this is very much an exception and not at all the rule of service we provide to our guests. I am also very sorry that you did not receive the kind of acknowledgment that you deserve as a Marriott Rewards Silver member. We are grateful for your business.
I hope that when in Pittsburgh again you will give us another chance to prove our true customer service skills. I hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very nicely located and very comfortable hotel. The check-in went really quick and we had the room early afternoon. Thanks to my platinum status we were upgraded to a junior suite so the room was quite big which was really nice since our son was sleeeping in a roller bed.
The downside of the hotel is during hockey events when the lobby is full of people drinking beer (which was the case on April 13) because the hockey stadium is accross the street.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

I appreciate the time you have taken to write a review for us here on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that your time as our guest here at the City Center was enjoyable! It is true that our hotel can get busy due to events across the street and we do everything we can to make our guests as comfortable as possible in these situations.
We hope to see you again in the near future, thanks again for your comments! Happy spring and have a great day!!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Great all around, including extremely helpful and responsive staff. Room was very comfortable, even though the bathroom was smaller than in some other comparable hotels. Meeting rooms were great. Pleasant lobby, bar, and restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank travalgal18
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

I wanted to thank you for your kind comments about your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time as our guest! We hope to see you again very soon! Have a wonderful day and happy spring!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Was there overnight 4/5-4/6 for Clapton concert right across the street. Arrived early afternoon and check-in was a breeze with personal showing to elevators, bar and dining. Stayed on 19th floor - room and bath were very clean but only 1 reg and one decaff coffee packets. Had early happy hour and dinner. Hotel & bar were very crowded by 5pm. Staff were great at front desk, bar and dining. Only real ding, besides skimpy number of coffee packets in room, was upon leaving we were given a wrong direction instruction, i.e. to turn left on a one-way street only going to the right. No damage as that was quickly rectified.

Room Tip: There are three elevators to serve 20+ floors, usually quickly, but after a popular event across the street it can take a little time for all folks to reach their rooms. Upper floors have nice city views.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking time from your day to comment on your recent stay here at the City Center. I am happy to hear that the staff and facilities made your time as our guest excellent!
I will speak to the person that gave you directions so they are aware they need to make sure the information provided is correct. Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here for a business trip in April 2013. The staff, everyone from the front desk to the bellman to housekeeping are amazing. They go out of their way to be friendly and helpful. I left a suit jacket in the closet by accident and dint realize until I was at the airport heading back. The front desk and housekeeping/lost and found were so helpful and promptly shipped it to my home. Thank you!

Room Tip: Stayed in a club/concierge level room. Breakfast and snacks were good
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandinmyhair
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for taking time from your day to comment on your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. It makes me so happy that our hotel and its staff made your time in Pittsburgh great. I hope that we will see you again soon!
Have a wonderful day and a great spring season!