“Welcome”

Ranked #16 of 71 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Beautiful Western Massachusetts
“Welcome”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Quick one night stay on Saturday March 23rd. Checked in a 12:15 am was greeted by a very friendly front desk who was very attentive and was in my room by 12:20 am.
Room was extremely clean and well appointed and slept like a baby on there very comfortable bed with big soft pillows. Check out was quick, and again all staff member very open, friendly,and helpful.

Room Tip: Consol Energy Center directly across street. Duquense University easy 1/3rd mile walk.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GodandCountry
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about your time as our guest here at the Marriott City Center. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that we will see you as our guest again very soon! Have a wonderful day!

Marriott Pittsburgh City Center

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Phillipsburg, New Jersey
Reviewed March 19, 2013

First time staying here and I must say I would recommend this hotel for anyone. Check-in was supposed to be at 3:00 pm, but I stopped by the hotel before then and was able to check-in early. The room I got was nice and large and the room/hotel overall was very clean. Staff was friendly and the bar in the lobby was very convenient. Food was priced a little high but that's ok. Overall great experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I am so happy to hear that while in Pittsburgh you chose the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am also happy that while staying as our guest you had a great time. Our staff works very hard to ensure that every guest has a wonderful stay and I am happy to hear that you experienced this. We hope to see you again in the near future. Have a great day!

Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

I went to Pittsburgh for a work trip. I was blown away by the service, from the doormen, to the staff in the restaurant. They have a bar area that serves food and has tvs with local sports.

The location is great. right across from the arena.

The staff should be commended, above and beyond!!!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Vrugienius
Thank you for commenting on your recent stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very happy to hear that our staff was so hospitable! I hope that when in Pittsburgh again, either for business or leisure we will have you as our guest! Have a great day and happy spring!

Bossier City, Louisiana
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for a conference, and was wowed at every turn by thier staff. They were very attentive and friendly. The hotel had just undergone a renovation and everything was beautiful. Food was great as well. Had a great time at the Penguins game, too...just a short walk across the street!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for your kind review on your time here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very happy to hear that our staff was so kind and attentive. I am also happy that you enjoyed our food! We hope that you will be our guest again soon! Have a great day!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks on a business work assignment. Paid $117 per night.

In summary, what I paid is peanuts compared to what I get in return (for a 5 star hotel of course). I picked the hotel due to its location near to the office and also because it's within walking distance to all areas of downtown that I would have needed to go to after work. I can easily recommend this hotel.

Pros:
1. Location is quite central - plenty of places to eat nearby and next to the hockey stadium.

2. Comfortable room, bed and pillows - usual Marriott standard.

3. The gym is actually ok for a hotel gym - there are some treadmills, resistance machine, and most importantly (to me at least) the free weights area, although a little small. There is a swimming pool too.

4. There's a free shuttle service that can take you to anywhere you want to go in the city and back.

Cons:
1. Nothing on the hotel, but I think the Pittsburgh downtown area is quite 'unique' as no one actually stays downtown. You'll find that most shops close early and even 7-11 closes early (closes at 7 or 9 I think). If you want a more active evening life you probably need to go to one of the other satellite neighbourhoods - people at work told me SouthSide or Shadyside is a much better area for that.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PerantauDunia
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed comment on your time as our guest here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your extended time with us.
The information that you provided to our future guests will surely help in their decision making process! I hope that when in Pittsburgh again we will see you! Have a great day!

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

It was my second time in six months at this hotel and in short, the staff very successfully takes customer service to the next level. The attention to detail when dealing with the the guests are just phenomenal and I continue to be surprised by the staff. I am normally critical of small irritations as I spend a lot of my time in hotels and airports and end up getting fed up with staff who does not really care about the guests but, the staff at this particular Marriott does such an excellent job that there was no opportunity to be critical and look for imperfections, which I am sure there are. I can commend all of the staff from reception the young man at the door, I think his name is Jordi, the young lady who served me some of the best buffalo wings ever, at the bar when I came in on a late flight, down to the vale guys who put my luggage in my car when I went for a meeting before my departure.
The management of this hotel is doing a great job and they have managed to distinguish themselves and that is for sure. I can recommend this hotel to the frequent business traveller and the Marriott City Center will always be my hotel of choice in Pittsburgh, you guys have set the bar very high and I shall see you again soon.

Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Buks B
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stays here at the Marriott City Center. Your kind words are very much appreciated. I am so happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time with us. I will be passing this information on to our staff so they are aware of their impact on your time as our guest.
I look forward to seeing you again very soon! Have a great weekend!

scranton
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed at the Hotel this past Saturday while in town for business and overall had a great experience. Used Priceline and got the hotel for $90 which was a steal. The room had a great view and the service was top notch. The bed was fantastic, and the room itself was very clean, but I will say the bathroom was rather small all things considered. Lobby was always busy, as the Villanova Men’s basketball team was staying there, along with the women’s basketball team from Butler. Used the shuttle provided by the hotel to check out a few parts of the city. Besides the small bathroom, I can’t think of one negative thing to say. Enjoy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay here at the City Center. The information you provided on your review will surely help our future guests! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time as our guest.
We hope to see you again soon! Have a great day!