“extremely helpful”

Pittsburgh Marriott City Center
Ranked #17 of 72 Hotels in Pittsburgh
Reviewed December 18, 2012

from the check in to check out it was a wonderful experience. the room was excellent the lobby was beatiful and the restuarant was great. the public bathrooms were clean and the staff was nice at all times. did not use pool or fitness rooms.

Room Tip: the higher the room the better the views. pool and fitness rooms on the 11th floor so may be a littl...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank crystal2mysoul
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2012

I am so happy that our hotel and staff provided you with a clean and comfortable stay while in Pittsburgh. We appreciate the feed back! We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future. Have a wonderful holiday season and a great day!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Great staff! My room was like a sauna! I called which I hate to do and they sent engineering up. He said it should cool down within an hour. I was working and my face was red hot. It had not. I went downstairs to get a drink and ask the front desk about it. She felt my face and moved me to another room ASAP. I truly didn't know how hot my room was until I moved and the new one was so cool! Thank you Lillian! Great room service.......everyone was friendly and I like that in a team that works well together! I applaud you all!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank lacleveland

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here at the City Center. I am very happy to hear that although you had an issue with your room being warm, our staff was able to fix this for you and get you into a room that was cool and comfortable. I will be speaking with Lilya to let her know the impact she had on your stay! I hope that we have you as our guest again very soon! Have a great holiday season!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was our second stay at the Marriott City Center and we were once again happy with the hotel. The staff go the extra mile to ensure your stay is an enjoyable one. Would definitely recommend this property.

Room Tip: Request a high-floor with a view towards the stadiums!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for coming back to stay with us! And thank you for commenting on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your time as our guest and we look forward to seeing you in the near future. Have a wonderful day and a great holiday season!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Appropriate name for this hotel, being a mere few minutes from the city centre. As with most full service Marriott hotels, the service and facilities are what you would expect. The bar and restaurant have a decent food and drink selection. Wifi is included (well, it was for me as a Silver Rewards member) and works well in most of the hotel.

Breakfast buffet was a little light on choices and quality reminding me more of a Courtyard or Residence Inn. Mind you, I'd just stayed at a Ritz Carlton so perhaps I am biased. Yet my colleague who's a pastry fan remarked it was somewhat of a weak selection.

My room on the 15th floor was clean with new carpet and the usual facilities. Smallish bathroom but then I don't spend much time in there :)

My colleague grumbled that the parking was not included or at least charged to the room which is a good point - most hotels I've stayed at where self-parking is not free offer the ability to charge this. It would not take much for the hotel to provide that integration.

Overall, a highly recommended location.

Room Tip: 15th floor room was very clean, new carpets and very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time while staying as our guest. I will be speaking with the department managers about the comments and suggestions that you made, your feed back is very important to us because it helps us to better serve our guests in the future! Have a great day and a wonderful holiday season.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

My sister and I were in Pittsburgh this weekend for the Steelers game and I elected to stay here as Marriotts are my number one choice wherever I go and, this one in particular, is conveniently located downtown. Unfortunately, we experienced a few un-Marriott-like disappointments the first night (we stayed two), but the manager was quick to listen to my complaints and more than generous in accomodating us. Because of the manager as well as the bellmen and valet (luckily they're the ones on the front line, greeting us upon arrival and sending us off to depart...they are exceptional!!), I am so glad my original perception of Marriott didn't have to be scarred forever and will definitely stay again (I visit Pittsburgh very often)! :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay here at the Marriott City Center. I am very happy to hear that we were able to turn the issues that you faced around and make your stay enjoyable. We hope to have you as our guest again in the near future. I hope you have a wonderful day and a great holiday season!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Nice place to stay. Every single person I ran into was so nice. Everyone went out of there way to make sure my stay was so great. The lobby looks new. The room was very clean. Its right downtown so you close to everything. I will be back. Marriott is always a good choice

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am very happy to hear that we will have you as our guest again in the future because your stay was so good! Have a great day and a wonderful holiday!!!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This Marriott is in need of improvement. They completed the new-norm Marriott front desk but the rooms still lack, and that's what counts.
Location: In winter, if you are not going to a hockey game (if they ever play again) there are many better located hotel than his one. If you are a Marriott bigot the Courtyard should be your choice.
Noise from highway below at the annoying level, even on 17th floor; halls look hospital-like; rooms need an upgrade - noisy Heat, small TV (even compared to some down-scale hotels).
Restaurant was confusing - I spent three nights there and due to relatively isolated location ate at the hotel each night - and each night the menu was different. First and second nights the menu was very limited - 5 apps, 5 main - this is a full-serve hotel! Waitress third night said the menu used depended on the expected load for the night.
Concierge room was ok - plenty of water bottles.
Strong Positive: The Staff. Everyone and I mean everyone, desk, restaurant and bar, room staff, concierge staff were very friendly and knowledgeable

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DillyScarlet
AJJ2120, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Thank you for writing about your stay here at the Marriott Pittsburgh City Center. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than perfect. We will be looking into the issues and will use your information as a way to improve for the future.
I am very pleased to hear that our staff was excellent! Again, thank you for your feedback and have a great holiday!