$118
$102
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

$193
$139
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $197/night.

$104
$94
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $117/night.

$149
$119
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $145/night.

$140
$125
  • Pool
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $146/night.

$108
Doubletree.com
$144
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $237/night.

$150
$142
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $158/night.

$187
$169
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $200/night.

Omni William Penn Hotel(Pittsburgh)
$200
$170
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewssteelheadthe concierge loungeacross the streetduquesne universitypenguins gamehockey arenaparking garagefront desk staffhotel roomhotel barbusiness tripsized bedfitness centerself parkmini fridgeking roompnc park
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Nice room, close to the arena. We went for the hockey game, so it was perfect.

Room Tip: Directly across the street from the arena. We went there for the hockey game, so it was perfect.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Wife and I took our son to look at Duquesne University. We stayed at the Marriott Downtown as the University had a deal with the hotel. I hadn't stayed in a Marriott in some time, but enjoyed our stay here in Pittsburgh. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable and all of the staff was very helpful. Not a bad word to say about any of them. If you are staying in Pittsburgh, check this hotel out and if going to Duquesne for any reason, see if the school has a special rate there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
robert p, Manager at Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2012

I am glad that you found our hotel accomadating for your stay while visiting our city. I would like to thank you so choosing our hotel with so many options that you have available to you. Thank you for writing such a find response and have a great day. Look forward to seeing you when you return back to our city.

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I recently stayed here for 3 nights... The entire hotel is undergoing an aesthetic Renewal... mostly Carpets/Color Schemes etc... there was no construction mess going on.

The rooms are typical of any marriott, very clean, w/Crisp/clean linens... w/nice amenities... ie coffee, nice Flatscreen TV's.. The beds are comfortable.. & Bathrooms are very clean and adequately sized.
I do want to make a complimentary comment on the Entire Staff here, as during any and all interactions from Check-in to check-out, everyone was polite, professional and Pleasant. All Staff greet you whereever you meet or pass them w/smiles and appropriate greetings. I find that makes a difference...that the entire staff from the Manager down to the Housekeeping/janitorial staff all behaved in this way. Whatever problem or question I had, the service was expedient and professional

Anyways.. this hotel is in a great location... right next to the Consol energy Arena, where the Penguins Play, and walking distance to downtown, the Strip District , the point etc..& the subway station.
Parking is what you would expect... the garage charged $ 22/day.
My only complaint for my stay was that the Hotel Bar... "Steelhead Tavern" makes a lousy Long Island Iced Tea.
Oh the other issue was that the Reciepts from the parking garage are printed out very poorly... & I may not recieve re-imbursement because the printing is illegible.
Overall All, I recommend this hotel... for any visit to the Burgh Business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms on both the front and rear of hotel have nice views of Pittsburgh... the front of the hotel may be the better view. downtown, looking north.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much so staying with us and giving us the great review that you did regarding our service levels. I would like to personally thank you for taking the time out of your day to compliment our staff and that you were so happy with the service. Look forward to having you stay with us in the near future and have a great week.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Standard Marriott in so many ways. Everything was familiar and comfortable. I was in a very clean newly refurbished room -- dark wood tones with a modern design that was very attractive. Bathroom nicely decorated but a little small. Nice flat screen TV but it seemed dim (probably some eco power saver).

Service was very attentive and friendly. I was on the concierge floor so got to use the club lounge. It was a little small but very well serviced so that it handles a high turnover quickly. I was impressed with the waiter and how he quickly he cleared plates and insured breakfast was well stocked while also greeting everyone that came in or left.

I really liked the restaurant (Steelhead Braserrie and wine bar) with its lite menu and simple sandwiches. What a great idea! I came in around 8pm and needed a simple meal. While the restaurant has typical entrees (steaks etc) it also had simple sandwiches and salads. I usually have to search around for something simple that isn't room service. The price was also unbelievable - I had a glass of wine and a sandwich for $20 (plus tip).

I enjoyed my stay and clearly had everything I needed at a reasonable price.

I have not stayed at a Marriott in the US in years but this reminded me how dependable and consistent they can be.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

I would like to than kyou for commenting on the service levels that you recieved at our hotel. I will be speaking with our chef and stating how you enjoyed the menu. I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel with so many options out there. I hope that you will return to stay with us in the future and have a great day.

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I admit, the rooms at the Pittsburgh Marriott City Center are over priced, compared to the competiton, but it is worth it! I once lived in this hotel for 2.5 years! When Ethan is behind the bar, he will remember your drink and food preference, even if it has been several months since your last visit. Not only that, but Ethan will ensure that your room is perfect, your stay is amazing, and your memories are wonderful. If I owned the property, I would make him the GM tomorrow. He makes a great martini, and knows all of the best places to eat in the city...but will most often convince the chef to make whatever you want, so I suggest staying at the hotel for dinner. My best memory was 2 years ago when Eric Clapton was in town. I left the bar for the show and asked Ethan to "hold my seat." When I returned, there was a velvet rope around a bar stool and a place card with my name on it. Such service is rarely equaled by the Ritz or Four Seasons.

If the bar is not reason enough to stay, ask for Danielle to be your server in the restaurant. She is amazing! She anticipates your needs, is very attentitive, and never misses the opportunity to ensure you are enjoying your meal.

Last, Vic from the Valet department is a terrific human being. He always remembers your name, has a kind word, and is the perfect representative to either welcome you to the hotel or to thank you for staying.

Simply put, when I am in the Burgh, Ethan, Danielle, and Vic make me feel like family. They will do the same for you...if you tell them that Chicago Jim sent you! :)

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade - they often have them!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your stay at our hotel as well as the kind comments for our bartender Ethan. I wil be passing your comments onto them and thank you for speaking so higly about our hotel. Thank you once again for choosing our hotel and have a great week.