“Sunnyledge is a fine hotel !!!”

Sunnyledge Boutique Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pittsburgh
Sunnyledge Boutique Hotel
Ranked #11 of 11 Pittsburgh B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Sunnyledge is a fine hotel !!!”
Reviewed November 14, 2004

We were lucky to find a room in Pittsburgh due to the Philadelphia/Pittsburgh NFL game last weekend but due to a last minute cancellation a fabulous suite opened up at Sunnyledge Boutique Hotel in Shadyside. The decor was lovely and the service first rate. It reminded me of being in a cozy inn in England but with much better food. The lounge was really happening on Friday and Saturday nights with an array of bar patrons. I give it a thumbs up.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed April 8, 2004

Sunnyledge was a terrific respite from a hectic two day interview process at a local hospital in Pittsburgh. Although my focus was on securing a position in Pittsburgh I did find time to enjoy an extremely comfortable two nights of sleep on the Sunnyledge extra comforatble beds. Fortunately Pittsburgh was experiencing a warm from when I visited and as a result I was able to dine on their veranda overlooking the Shadyside neighborhood. The food was very good with beautiful presentation, I had the Filet and Pate appetizer. I found Sunnyledge to be a great place to stay and since I have received a job offer I expect to revisit it for dinning and hosting out of town visiters whenevr the opportunity arises.

Reviewed April 4, 2004

Are stay at Sunnyledge began with a warm greeting from our personal valet as we pulled into the belgian block driveway of this spectacular old mansion which has been lovingly restored to meet all of todays luxury standards. Upon check in my partner and I were greeted by a charming manager who accompanied us to our second floor suit which was complete with custom bed spreads that were purchased in England. The suite which was priced at $275 for the night was spacious and had a lovely sitting area which included a wet bar and mini bar. The bathroom was done in light marble with a deep jacuzzi tub. Once unpacked we paid a visit to the martini bar for crab cakes and pate along with a few martinis, The appetizers and martinis were excellent. Later that evening we were joined in the library for dinner with old friends who had suggested Sunnyledge to us. The meal was marvelous thanks to a chrming Serbian waiter and four orders of Chilean sea bass that melted in our mouths. In conclusion:Exclent Excellent Excellent

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 24, 2004

Sunnyledge is teh ideal place to stay if you have business to attend to in the Oakland/Shadysiide area. the location from the hospitals and universities makes it ideal not to mention the close proximity to town.

The decor is charming and is reminiscent of old Europe perhaps one of the small Swiss hotel like Le Richmond. The chambers are cozy with inviting linen and comfy beds.

The real advantage is the fine restaurant where we were able to entertain several business associates over delicious grilled Chilean Seabass and Pinot Grigio.

Bravo! Sunnyledge

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 8, 2003

I was appalled. For a place that calls itself a luxury hotel, it was abominable. There were rips in the pillowcase, and indelible stains on the sheets. These certainly weren't the Frette linens they advertise - they were cheap, cheap linen. The carpet was stained in a couple of different places. There was something wrong with the toilet; I told the staff about it, and it was never fixed during our two-night stay - unless you fiddled with the handle, it ran constantly and very noisily.
The turn-down service they promised was bare-bones after the first night - was it too hard and expensive to do it properly, at these prices?! Moreover, the room was tiny - not a problem, necessarily, but at these prices...And the bathroom was so tiny that we both kept knocking out shoulders on the toilet roll holder when we sat down...and we're both small people. I am not even sure that people much larger than us could fit in that tiny bathroom. Paying an extra $12 for parking in their lot (which was nearly impossible to get out of) added insult to injury. We really felt disappointed and ripped off and highly, highly recommend that you avoid Sunnyledge at all costs. The quality was lower than a HoJo or a Holiday Inn, where at least guests have the benefit of a standard applied.

• Stayed September 2003
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 22, 2003

Sunnyledge is indeed the most horrifying experience I have ever had traveling. When I got there they were overbooked and did not have a room for me to stay in, after speaking to the incredibly rude manger for about an hour I finally recieved a room. This lady was incredible!
She thought she was something else, she yelled and screamed at me, calling me an idiot. That is no way to treat a paying guest, this lady needs to take some hotel management courses! Several times during my stay I heard her yelling at the staff and even cusing out the bartender! The room was nice, but way overpriced. I recommend never staying at Sunnyledge when you are in the Pittsburgh area.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 16, 2003

The rooms arent huge but what you get makes you forget about the size. The most comfortable bed ever. Great wall coverings and fabrics. You feel like a guest at a friends mansion. The dining room is excellent the chef serves up some of the finest seafood Ive had (Im from New England and I know seafood) Highly recommended for dining as well as accomodations. The location is central to shopd,universities and downtown. Hang out at the "club room" lounge and you will feel like a regular from shadyside-very friendly