“Lovely Sunnyledge”

Sunnyledge Boutique Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pittsburgh
Sunnyledge Boutique Hotel
Ranked #11 of 11 Pittsburgh B&B and Inns
Malibu,California
Reviewed March 24, 2004

Sunnyledge is teh ideal place to stay if you have business to attend to in the Oakland/Shadysiide area. the location from the hospitals and universities makes it ideal not to mention the close proximity to town.

The decor is charming and is reminiscent of old Europe perhaps one of the small Swiss hotel like Le Richmond. The chambers are cozy with inviting linen and comfy beds.

The real advantage is the fine restaurant where we were able to entertain several business associates over delicious grilled Chilean Seabass and Pinot Grigio.

Bravo! Sunnyledge

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed October 8, 2003

I was appalled. For a place that calls itself a luxury hotel, it was abominable. There were rips in the pillowcase, and indelible stains on the sheets. These certainly weren't the Frette linens they advertise - they were cheap, cheap linen. The carpet was stained in a couple of different places. There was something wrong with the toilet; I told the staff about it, and it was never fixed during our two-night stay - unless you fiddled with the handle, it ran constantly and very noisily.
The turn-down service they promised was bare-bones after the first night - was it too hard and expensive to do it properly, at these prices?! Moreover, the room was tiny - not a problem, necessarily, but at these prices...And the bathroom was so tiny that we both kept knocking out shoulders on the toilet roll holder when we sat down...and we're both small people. I am not even sure that people much larger than us could fit in that tiny bathroom. Paying an extra $12 for parking in their lot (which was nearly impossible to get out of) added insult to injury. We really felt disappointed and ripped off and highly, highly recommend that you avoid Sunnyledge at all costs. The quality was lower than a HoJo or a Holiday Inn, where at least guests have the benefit of a standard applied.

• Stayed: September 2003
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed September 22, 2003

Sunnyledge is indeed the most horrifying experience I have ever had traveling. When I got there they were overbooked and did not have a room for me to stay in, after speaking to the incredibly rude manger for about an hour I finally recieved a room. This lady was incredible!
She thought she was something else, she yelled and screamed at me, calling me an idiot. That is no way to treat a paying guest, this lady needs to take some hotel management courses! Several times during my stay I heard her yelling at the staff and even cusing out the bartender! The room was nice, but way overpriced. I recommend never staying at Sunnyledge when you are in the Pittsburgh area.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boston,MASS
Reviewed June 16, 2003

The rooms arent huge but what you get makes you forget about the size. The most comfortable bed ever. Great wall coverings and fabrics. You feel like a guest at a friends mansion. The dining room is excellent the chef serves up some of the finest seafood Ive had (Im from New England and I know seafood) Highly recommended for dining as well as accomodations. The location is central to shopd,universities and downtown. Hang out at the "club room" lounge and you will feel like a regular from shadyside-very friendly

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed May 19, 2003

What an wonderful hotel! Our suite was decorated like a master bedroom in a private, grand house. The details were wonderful and the bathroom was as large as our bedroom at home. We loved the bar downstairs and had dinner in the dining room twice. (It was that good). I so love places that aren't cookie cutters. If you have business in Pittsburgh, as my husband did. This is worth the 5 minute cab ride to Shadyside from downtown. Plus it is two blocks away from Walnut Street...the place for shopping and dining in Pittsburgh.

Miami,Fla
Reviewed April 11, 2003

Outstanding service and Hospitality. The room was charming and the staff most pleasant. Not inexpensive but worth the price. The most comfortable beds in North America.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 28, 2002

We reserved a suite a month ahead of time, and when we got there they took us to the room, and when we got into it, it was not a suite. The girl then told us that there were no available suites because there was water damage due to plumbing problems (no one called us or ever tried to tell us until we were actually in the room). We had a gift certificate for $160, so the girl said because they did not have our room available they would credit the "extra" amount (the room they gave us was $199, so they would increase the gift certificate amount to cover the room. The room we wanted was $275, and we were of course going to pay the difference). Anyway, the room they gave us was not at all what we wanted. It was small, no sitting area, in the front of the B&B, so it was so noisy due to the busy street outside, I couldn't sleep all night. Anyway, we kept the room because our bags and everything were already in, and where were we going to go at 5:00 on a Sat evening. If we had been called ahead of time we would have cancelled with Sunnyledge and made other arrangements, but it was too late. SO we stayed and we did have a lovely dinner. When we got to check-out, we were charged the $199, and our gift certificate amonut was only the $160. The girl said we had to speak with the manager, and we had to wait about 20 minutes because she was fighting with another customer that was refusing to pay the full amount because they had a horrible experience also. When she finally spoke to us she was unbelievable! She was so rude I could not believe it. I tried to explain the situation and the first thing she said to me was "I don't know where you got that story from." Things just got worse. SHe told me if the room wasn't what I wanted we should have left then, no one made us stay. She couldn't quite get that they were in the wrong, ALl I wanted was my $39 dollar credit (our bill was $270 even after they took off the $160 gift certificate with all the different charges plus the dinner and bar ch
with paying nothing, they were still getting over $200!) She was so rude I can not even believe the way she spoke to me and my husband. She didn't want to give me the $39 credit, she said she would give me another gift certificate, which I refused because I will never go back there. The psycho finally gave me the $39 credit. She definitely needs some class lessons! The room was small, loud, and unimpressive. They charge $12 to park! The phone in the room would not work. Dinner was good and the other employees were nice, but I will not return to this overpriced sham!

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member