“Excellent breakfast food!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Buffalo, NY
“Excellent breakfast food!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Went on a Sunday morning (free parking). It was busy but people came & ate quickly. Excellent hotcakes! I especially liked the chocolate chip banana pancakes with whipped cream. I shared them with my 5 yr old (who didn't like them for some unknown reason - the waitress refused to charge us for the one she didn't eat!). Husband had the morning after special & loved that too. We also shared the special potatoes which were yummy. Definitely not a place to be missed...hey if it's good enough for the president...

• Visited April 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Rochester, Michigan
“Great Breakfast on the Strip in Pittsburgh”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I ate at Pamela's yesterday morning, Friday, around 8:30 a.m. with my husband and two sons. We'd been making our rounds to all the recommended Pittsburgh dining spots all week and it was finally time to give Pamela's a try. Given that a couple of the "hot" spots were good, but a little overrated, I was hoping for the best. The atmosphere is absolutely a 10 here. Walking in the door they definitely have the 50's diner vibe down pat, but not in a tacky way, just a cool comfortable way. We were sat immediately and the service was friendly, attentive and very quick. I don't think it took more than 5-10 minutes to get our food! My husband ordered the hash, which was real corned beef not canned. Very good, but could have been crispier. One son ordered the chorizo and eggs, which came with AWESOME potatoes, I mean the best ever -- soft like the ones in the hash, but with crunchy parts where they'd hit a skillet. The only downside was that the chorizo was a patty next to two eggs, not the traditional mix like you'd get at a mexican restaurant. Our other son ordered the waffle with strawberries -- it came out light, fluffy, and crispy with FRESH strawberries! Simple yes, but good. I ordered the american french toast and got exactly that, yummy french toast like I make at home. I would definitely recommend Pamela's and will definitely be back. When I recommend it to others I will tell them this not an "upscale" breakfast place, but more a great diner serving up simple, tasty classics.

• Visited April 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Best pancakes ever”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My familiy loves the potatoes, but it's the pancakes that I crave. Expect a wait, but hang in there. My only complaint is there loyalty cards. Whether you buy 1 meal or 6 (like we do) you only get 1 punch per check/table. Considering how cheap it is to make breakfast, I think this policy is very stingy.

Visited December 2012
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“Unique spot with good food”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

A former local took us by here during a visit to Pittsburgh. On a late Wednesday morning, it was fairly quiet. Typical greasy-spoon kind of joint with a cool eclectic atmosphere. Everyone enjoyed their meals- I had the house specialty pancake/crepe hybrid thingies. They were quite good.
Cheap, friendly-enough service, tasty, and fairly unique. Give it a go.

• Visited February 2013
birdddurr
“Best Breakfast In Pittsburgh...Except For The Beverages”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The Morning After Special...consisting of eggs, deep fried sausage links and crepe-esque pancakes...was fabulous.

Probably the best in Pittsburgh. Parking was a pain...like everywhere in the city...but fortunately there were quarter meters nearby.

The food deserved a 5 star rating, yet I gave it a 4 star rating for their juices. Their juices were cheap and from concentrate. Reminded me of something that came out of a cheap college cafeteria juice dispenser. Not exactly what you want at a place known for breakfast food.

Stick solely to the food and order a water with lemon...and enjoy!

• Visited December 2012