“Would be Five Stars if BYOC”
Review of Pamela's

Pamela's
Ranked #28 of 2,204 Restaurants in Pittsburgh
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Breakfast here was superb. We had the crepe style pancakes--strawberry and banana/walnut. Tasty, tasty, tasty... However, they need a BYOC policy--Bring Your Own Coffee; the coffee was awful...brown water with no cream available. They would get five stars if they could just offer decent coffee. The place was clean and busy, and service was fast.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Funny, I have been coming down to the strip on almost every one of our frequent trips to the 'Burgh.. I've always passed this place in favor of DeLuca's, right around the corner. This time we stopped...As with De Luca's, you need to show up early or be prepared for a wait. Not a bad thing, as the lines are usually made up of sociable people, so the time passes rather quickly. Back to the food..Yes the pancackes are devine. The omlettes and other specialties are too! The photos & other eye candy which adorn the walls are of great interest. Our server was a gem, and all other waitstaff seemed very polite and happy to be working there. Theprices are quite reasonable, especially considering the great quality of what you get! All in all, Pamela's is a great place, fun and great food. We heartily recommend it!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our family went to Pamela's based on the reviews here. When we got there we were all annoyed with each other and hot and overtired. It was the last day of a road trip vacation with 3 kids (7, 4, & 3). The husband and I were sniping at each other and the kids were all whining. No one even wanted to eat - we just wanted to go home. Our wonderful waitress was very friendly and extremely attentive to the kids, especially my loudly singing 1 year old. She brought them placemats with crayons and helped all of us pick out some food since we just weren't up to it. She even advised us when we were ordering too much since they don't have kids sized meals here, which was very helpful. I certainly don't know too many places where the waitstaff would advise you order less! The food was amazing. After a couple of bites the kids were friends again and no longer whining and the husband and I couldn't even imagine why we were mad at each other in the first place. Seriously, it's that good. I had the spinach and feta omelette with lyonnaise potatoes and wheat toast. It was a ton of seriously delicious food. If I lived in that area I'd eat those potatoes every day. The omelette was delicious, even the wheat toast was good. My husband had a pile of corned beef hash that diappeared very quickly. One kid had hotcakes and the other had a waffle. They split some bacon too. By the end, everybody was stuffed and nothing was left over. The bill was only about $20! This was our fave spot in Pittsburgh - a definite happy ending.

1  Thank LexiV
Reviewed July 28, 2012

Pamelas is a Pittsburgh institution in a few locations. Locals say you must go to at least one location.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Our Pamela’s dining experience has been limited to the diner in the Mt. Lebanon section of Pittsburgh.
Pamela’s caters primarily to the breakfast crowd with some equally attractive lunch time items. My wife usually gets the Gail’s Favorite Eggs which is scrambled eggs with cream cheese, scallions, and lyonnaise potatoes @ only $4.95! I typically order the Strawberry Hotcakes which is served as a LARGE crepe and stuffed with fresh strawberries, brown sugar, and sour cream @ the bargain price of $6.95!
If you like great breakfast, served in a retro 70’s atmosphere, you can do no better than Pamela’s.
I should mention it is a cash only business.