“Don't judge a book by its Cover”

Oaks Family Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 14 Restaurants in Pipersville
Newtown, Pennsylvania
“Don't judge a book by its Cover”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

The place is in the middle of nowhere and doesn't look like much from the outside but the food, atmosphere and service inside was great. Everything was fresh and freshly made. The waitress had a wonderful rapport and smile. And when we got the bill we didn't have sticker shock. Eat here. You WILL enjoy it.

Doylestown,PA
“Good food, reasonable prices, friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I stopped for breakfast on Sunday. The parking lot was full and a few people were waiting. The wait was about 20 minutes. Once we were seated we were greated by our server. Coffee and water was quickly delivered. Soon after our order was taken. The waitress stopped by a few times to refill our coffee. Food was hot and delicious. We will definitely stop back for breakfast and will try for lunch and dinner. Very casual friendly atmosphere.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Basic, reliable food at an economical price”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

If you want decent food at a very economical price, in a quaint, cute country-style atmosphere, this is a good place to go. I have had many a meal here.
Pros: Wide variety. Simple meals and all the typical standard-fair sandwiches, prepared nicely (the scrapple is especially good, made very nicely). Service is usually good. Breakfast is better than lunch, in my estimate, but you'll likely be satisfied with either one.
Cons: Not too many - except, do not show up after the lunch hour. Even if it is still well within "open" hours, you may not be welcome. I have tried to come for a late lunch a couple of times (but well before closing), and ended up feeling like I was emburdening the server. But, if you come when things are busy (breakfast or close to noontime), service is much more attentive. Parking can be a challenge during those busy times, though.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank 1WorldTrotter
Key Largo, Florida
“A solid choice for unbeatable breakfast!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Yes, I agree with the previous reviewer about their scrapple... it's the gold standard for how it should be done - pressed flat, grilled and full or crusty goodness. For honest eggs, omelettes, great pancakes and friendly service... the Oaks is a favorite for us.

• Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Best Scrapple of your life!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

When I come home to visit I literally come here every morning till I fly back to LA just so I can eat the scrapple. It might not be good for you but it is so delicious! I've had it all over PA even at the Ritz in philly and no where even compares. The Oaks does it the best. Anything you order is great but get the scrapple. its amazing!

Visited June 2012