“Good food but a little pricey”
Review of Pineville Tavern

Pineville Tavern
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Pineville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pub
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I were there on a Monday for lunch. The service was prompt and courteous. The food was prepared just as we asked and was very good. Nothing to complain about however, we both felt the prices were a bit on the high side. The only other thing we saw as a negative was that while the old tavern area and the new addition are very nice, the old, small dining room that we sat in could use some help - peeling paint, dirty walls etc.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I use to work here and still am a big fan of the food. I love the buffalo chicken egg roles and I can honestly say the kitchen is clean and the food is kept very nicely. But I still think they overcharge for what you're getting and sometimes they are lacking on the extras

1  Thank Chelssjh
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We were traveling from Washington DC to Stamford, CT and went out of the way to try the Pineville Tavern. Well worth it, we sat outside on a glorious end of summer day. I had snapper soup and a reuben sandwich. The soup is rich and very good, sandwich was also good but not a standout. My wife had the pasta with cream, peas, and prosciutto. Was outstanding, best of everything we tried. Loved the location although GM's 2012 nav unit doesn't get you there. Apple does. Service was at best average with a hostess who seemed to want to be anywhere else but at the Tavern.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

we went for dinner on saturday sept 15th for my birthday. we sat in the new addition which was quite nice. however, a patron came in with his two young sons and sat at the bar. the bartender served the patron and proceeded to serve the children also (sodas, of course) but the problem that bothered me and most of the other customers was that they all had dinner AT THE BAR including the two children (about 6 or 7 yrs old,) meanwhile, other customers coming in couldn't sit at the bar (which was small.) because two seats were taken up by tow young kids. Is it ok for kids to sit at the bar at any time and be served? they were making a lot of noise (as kids do) and it waS VERY DISTRACTING !! needless to say, if this is common practice i won't be coming back !!!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

All I can say is that it is definately not the place it used to be. We stopped on our way back from the grange fair. We waiting for two hours to be seated. Then we waited some more for our waitress, who made comments about our kids being out past 8pm. The food wasn't as good as usual and it was pricey. Go somewhere else. They are completely different. Not family friendly (at least when it comes to young children).

3  Thank cgrey09