“Excellent Stopover”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pine Grove
Del Rio, Texas
“Excellent Stopover”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I stayed here just recently on my way from Canada to North Carolina and find this hotel to be very clean and quiet. Breakfast is basic but adequate. As well the rooms all have a small fridge and microwave. I especially like that the manager calls to ensure you are happy with the room. If you want a clean and comfortable room to stay I recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for your positive review. It was nice to hear you enjoyed many aspects of your stay. We will be sure to pass on your compliments to the rest of our team. We are glad we were able to provide you with excellent service. It was nice to hear you find our hotel to be a relaxing place to stay during your visit to Pine Grove.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Fort Ann, New York
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed here twice because we knew the hotel rather well and knew the location very well. The customer service was very very supportive since I had a problem with the trailer I was towing. But the rooms were filthy. My wife used to work as a chamber maid cleaning these kinds of rooms before. We were put in a smoking room because we were told pets were only allowed in them. The rooms had to be re cleaned by us before we could lay down. She has a problem with stairs and only up stairs rooms were for smoking. We had gotten there late the second trip and needed ice. Went to the office and the lobby (where there is the only ice machine and soda machine) was closed for the night at 11 and wouldn't re open until 6 am. So no ice. I spoke to someone who was trying to check in. He told me that the response about the ice was "I'm sorry..." and basically I had to go somewhere else to get ice after hours. I was lucky enough to find a Comfort Inn behind there and the customer service person was very nice and told me that was common and take all the ice I wanted. She told me people staying at the Econo Lodge often stop down there for ice. From now on I will cut out the middle man and stay in the Comfort Inn instead.

Room Tip: If you can avoid it I do not recommend staying here.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CocoaCountryMgmnt, AGM at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments so we can continually improve our services. We do apologize for any confusion regarding the lobby closure after hours. We do provide a "Informative Welcome Letter" at the time of check-in describing the lobby hours, ice machine usage and local businesses. We have a large clientele that require pet free rooms due to allergies or other health reasons, we have to maintain that pets are only allowed in smoking rooms due to these reasons. We did accommodate you in a non-smoking guest room, which is against our normal policy. We discussed the conditions of your room with our staff and ensure that all guest rooms are up to Econo Lodge Pine Grove standards. Customer satisfaction is extremely important to us, and we are sorry that our service failed to meet your expectations. Our team members strive to do their best; however, we were not our best that day. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Lewisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Called ahead to secure a room. Front desk was very friendly. Room was very clean and spacious. In my opinion the front lobby reflects what the rooms are like. The only draw back I could see, if you are a contractor, forget coffee before 6am. You'll have to drink coffee from Shiitz ( yes, I meant to spell it that way). The McDonald's ( next door) doesn't open until 6:30 am. ( Never mind what it says on line). Store across the street ( don't know what time it opened, we had to leave for work). But it was nice to go next door for dinner the night before.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. We appreciate that you found the accommodations and service comfortable and friendly. We do apologize for the inconvenience of our breakfast/coffee service hours for you. Unfortunately, those are the hours that are set for breakfast. Thanks so much for staying with us and we hope to see again soon!
Angela K,
Cumming,GA
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I found a coupon book at a rest area and made reservations. When we checked in they hit us for an xtra 10 bucks for 2 people. There was nothing mentioned in the ad that the price was for (1) person. The room was clean and comfortable. I had some second thoughts after being in the lobby. The smell was terrible but the rooms were nice. The breakfast was so,so. NO decaff coffee
so we ate next door at McDonalds. The one positive thing there is a very nice VFW nearby, The VFW is the only reason we would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank dennis30041
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize for the confusion in the coupon rate. This was a common issue so I have updated future coupon rates to be good for up to 2 people in a room.
We are in the process of making changes to improve guest satisfaction and we appreciate your input.
I hope you will stay with us in the future.

Cheryl, VP of Operations
Brampton Ontario
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Hotel was clean and very nice friendly environment perfect customer service Breakfast choice was limited but was good location was perfect close to Highway not many food vendor's around but was ok. Our stay with my spouse and another family at Econo lodge pine grove, pa was excellent. The room was clean and looked like new carpeting and fresh paint inside the room as well as the exterior. i have no complaints about the room or service. The continental breakfast had limited choice but was OK The coffee was hot and plentiful. On Site Manager was perfect.Hiren S/Kiran G/Bharti G

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CocoaCountryMgmnt, VP of Operations at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank you for the great review! We are currently making updates to the property including the guest rooms and things are turning out great as you experienced. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Webster, New York, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The night of 5/14/13, we were on the last leg of our vacation and we stayed at the Econo Lodge in Pine Grove, Pa. Great Motel for a great price! Ramesh Pathak [Pat], the manager on duty at the time could not have been more cordial and accommodating. He went out of his way to ensure we had everything necessary to experience a comfortable stay at the motel. Thank you ‘Pat’ for your exceptional customer service !
Sincerely, Paul J. Acri, Webster, NY

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Acri:
Thank you for the excellent review! We are glad you found us on your journey. It is great to hear that "Pat" made you feel welcome.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

hamilton nj
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have read the previous reviews listed. My stay with my spouse at econolodge pine grove, pa was excellent. The room was clean and looked like new carpeting and fresh paint inside the room as well as the exterior. i have no complaints about the room or service. The continental breakfast was plentiful and hot. The coffee was hot and plentiful. Housekeeping staff were attentive and helpful. This was a two day stay at the hotel. I told the propritor that I would give a review on this site. His name is R.A. Pathak and I consider him to be an excellent manager. I know what I am writing about as we have stayed there many times since it was constructed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Linda:

Thank you for the excellent review and your continued patronage of our hotel! We look forward to your return visits!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pine Grove
Comfort Inn Midway
Comfort Inn Midway
#1 of 1 in Bethel
Days Inn Lebanon/Fort Indiantown Gap

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!