“this was a good stay at econolodge pine grove pa” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Pine Grove
hamilton nj
“this was a good stay at econolodge pine grove pa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have read the previous reviews listed. My stay with my spouse at econolodge pine grove, pa was excellent. The room was clean and looked like new carpeting and fresh paint inside the room as well as the exterior. i have no complaints about the room or service. The continental breakfast was plentiful and hot. The coffee was hot and plentiful. Housekeeping staff were attentive and helpful. This was a two day stay at the hotel. I told the propritor that I would give a review on this site. His name is R.A. Pathak and I consider him to be an excellent manager. I know what I am writing about as we have stayed there many times since it was constructed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CocoaCountryMgmnt, VP of Operations at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Linda:

Thank you for the excellent review and your continued patronage of our hotel! We look forward to your return visits!

- Cheryl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

The room was spacious but only 2 wash cloths and towels for 4 people. We tried to get more but no staff available because the lobby was closed. There was a giant hole in the ceiling directly in front of our room, we had to step over the trash cans that caught the water because it was a rainy evening. The lock on our room was busted, the sink sprayed water all over the place, the remote for the tv didn't work, the ice machine didn't work, the floor trim in the lobby was fully duct taped. Bad night, bad room, bad accommodations and I can't leave out the glitter on the ceiling and the runner lights in the hall and lobby gave me the feeling that I was in a "pay by the hour motel".

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank Cwiseman80
CocoaCountryMgmnt, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We are extremely sorry for your negative experience! Please know, we are working through some management changes to make sure such incidences do not occur in the future! I will be pleased to speak to you personally to see how best I can make it up to you for all the inconvenience and discomfort, it is certainly a less than positive experience and we'd like to earn your business again once our renovations are fully completed! I'll be getting in touch with you momentarily to try my best to better serve you.

Travelers are raving about these Pine Grove hotels

Laurel, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

The Pine Grove Econo Lodge is by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. The sheets were heavily stained, full of holes, and, worst of all, covered with hair and crumbs from what I assume were previous guests. The pillow cases were dingy and the pillows themselves appeared to be discolored from years of sweat stains. The blankets were ripped and had multiple cigarette burns.

Having suspected that they failed to change the bedding after the previous guests left, I called the front desk and asked them to do so. The housekeeper that came to change the bedding was very rude. Bizarrely, he appeared to be wearing pajamas and seemed as though he had just been woken up to address my complaint! At first, he tried changing ONLY the fitted sheet. I had to insist that he change the rest of the bedding several times before he obliged, and even then he only changed the pillow cases and top sheet and wouldn't provide new blankets! Unfortunately, a change of bedding didn't even resolve the problem because the new bedding was also covered with stains, holes, and hair!!!

Overall, I was extremely dissatisfied and would never stay here again. This hotel is cheaper than others in the vicinity, but the $30 dollars I saved was not worth the hassle and disgust I endured. Avoid this disgusting excuse of a hotel at all costs!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Jack S
Quebec, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Sorry to say but I did 14 country even in Africa and nothing was worst then this hotel. Very dirty health hazard mold on the picture frame on the wall,,, holes in the door,, some sort of sticky stuff on the ceiling,,, manager greeted us in his Pj's,, I have picture and will for sure send an email to Choice hotel,, cannot believe this is part of their branches,,,, slept in our clothing for 3-4 hours and then decided to leave too creepy,, NEVER EVER AGAIN,,,,,,,

Room Tip: Stay away Stay away Stay away Stay away
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank travelvoyage123
Townsend, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

This was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had. The room was musty. The toilet was cracked. The rugs were torn and had pieces replaced and had strands hanging out. There were hairs on the sink presumably from the former occupants. There were flies in the room. There were missing electrical switch plates. All in all it was a horrible experience.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank bobd01469
Bancroft
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

First, the positives. Our room was clean, quiet, roomy, and there was lots of hot water. Now the negatives. Check-in was slow, the whole property needs updating and better maintenance. Our room had missing trim work, a cracked sink, an on-going drippy tap in the tub, and a tricky toilet flush lever that threatened to detach with each use. The furniture was well used. Breakfast was sub-standard. There was bread for toast, packaged sweet breads, watery juice, and waffles that stuck to the griddle. Next time we will spend a little more and have a better experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Audrey S
Pocono Summit, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I were amazed at the wonderful service, clean and quite accommodations and free breakfast that were offered. We were heading home from Virginia when our car broke down and pulled into the Econo Lodge around midnight. The owner was so pleasant and really sympathized with us. Needless to say, he agreed that we could leave our car there till the dealership picked it up. He even told me he would look after it while it was there. We could not believe how understanding he was. Such a great value on all they have to offer. I highly recommend the Pine Grove Econo Lodge and would certainly stay there again. The rating only goes to 5, but we give it a 10. Thank you so much!!!!
Concetta & George Payne

Room Tip: We loved the ground level and have no complaints.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Pine Grove
Hampton Inn Pine Grove
#1 of 4 in Pine Grove
Comfort Inn Lebanon Valley/Ft. Indiantown Gap

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!